Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: who takes your pictures?

I mostly use my phone, and take the pictures myself. Although my wife knows everything, I prefer to make photos when I'm dressed alone. I got a cheap little remote shutter for my iPhone from Amazon, and I mount the phone on a tripod. I have a couple of really good cameras as I'm a bit of an amateur photographer too, but I don't have remotes for them. Sometimes, if my wife is taking pictures for me she'll use one of my digital SLRs.

If I take photos at home and I'm by myself.. I use my trusty tripod and my remote control. These days, I do that for taking quick outfit photos, so that I can analyse whether an outfit really looks good from all angles.

For all my outside stuff, I'm very lucky to have like 5 friends who are willing to photograph and film me.

A couple of them are really knowledgeable and I don't have to worry about a thing. I can pretend I'm a fashion model for a couple of hours.

With the others, I just set my DSLR and/or video-camera to the right setting for the situation.. and let them press the button. And then I'm checking the photos and make them do it again.. yeah, I'm just as surprised that they still want help me with my photos/videos!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Digital video and then I edit pics out of the recording.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella Ross View Post
    Nikon D5200 on tripod, remote control, Cowboy Studio lighting kit, lots of photography theory, lots of modelling theory, one good shot for every 20 taken. Example below. Pet peeves: low res, blurry shots from smartphones. PM if you want to discuss.

Attachment 250879
    Hi Isabella, It's easy to take great pictures when you star with a very lovely model !
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I use a Canon SX160 IS on an old tripod left over from my SLR days. I set up and take a shot or two to get the focus right. Once that looks good to me, I set the 10 second timer and step into the scene. I do very little photoshopping, mostly cropping and tone. Most rejects are because I don't like the pose or I moved.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I have downloaded a camera timer app on my iPhone it's free and works well

I use a professional digital camera which has a timer, but I am also very lucky as my wife loves to take photos of me as well. One day I am going to use my old Zenit 3M to see how a classic photo looks.
    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
    ― Marie Curie

Timelady

Aspiring Member
    My phone and the mirror in my room. Selfie mode doesn't take kindly to me on most occasions.

I take the pics myself. DSLR on a tripod, using a remote that has a 2s timer button (so I can hide it )
    Then some color adjustments in lightroom
    - Dani

I do a lot myself, sometimes when out the wife will take some for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I use my digital camera and lay it on a ladder and set the self timer . It's a little cumbersome but I usually like the way they turn out. I take as many as I feel are needed then go thru them on my computer to choose the best ones.
    Would really love to do some outdoor ones but that would require a person probably so I guess that's the best I can do

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I use a DSLR. I also avoid using my iPhone due to a lack of security.

I like to use my digital camera most of the time, what with the tripod and timer it's the easy way to do it. but lately I've taken some with my Ipad, it will stand on a table in it's case, and has a timer, and it can also be used hand held for head shots.
    Both also does video which can be fun also.
    as far as poses, I just find a nice back drop, then start shooting, and keep it up until I get something I like, if I'm lucky that is.
    I've found the most important thing is SMILE and do it like you mean it!
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar
    Canon i540 ? I think . tripod .

Here is something thou , on this Canon there is a continuous selection on the dial(menu). It takes pictures as long as the button is depressed . These can take once every couple of a hundredth a second (lower rez) to once every second or so in high rez (8mega pix) .

Have done this with norther lights and meteor showers( used 15 second exposure times iso 100) , hundreds of pics per hour , then toss the bad ones . These setting might not work well at all for a selfie .

Not sure what millage this will get you , but I used plain old black tape . Made a tape ball of sorts placed on the shutter button then a strip on tape around the camera over the ball of tape on the button to hold it down .

Have fun you shutter bugs.

Oh , if you are using a flash , there is that recharge time to remember .
    Last edited by Shinya; 09-21-2015 at 11:05 AM.

My cat takes my pictures, her focus is terrible but she always suggests great poses... I have to give her a treat after every photo

Someone's been taking pictures of me...!?!?!

How did that happen...????

Darned NSA drones get everywhere...

OR...

Compact camera, mini-tripod and self-time - digital SLR, big tripod and remote control...

Tips - check results before you take dozens of pics and find they're out of focus or under-exposed...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

My daughter takes some pics for me. I take some selfies using a tripod and digital camera with a timer function. Recently I got some nice pics from a lady I met at a club, who volunteered to take pics of me with her phone and e-mail them to me.

Most of my photos have been taken using a digital camera and its timer with a tripod. Some have been taken by a friend. Lately, I have used the camera on my laptop for some closeups.
    Hugs, Carole

A tripod, Cannon EOS and a remote shutter release.
    Jon

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    I use the old stand-by. Digital camera, tripod and set the timer. Call me old school.
    I'm an IT'er by trade but I still use the same equipment as Erica Marie. Just because my phone has a good camera, why would I throw my epic little camera and £5 tripod away? I still use a laptop instead of a pad because it has greater utility for me and I can't justify them at the price. Simple as that for me.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I take all of mine myself, with an older Samsung digital camera, with the wonderful invention of a ten second timer. Without the timer, i could not take full body photos. I need to buy a tripod, though, keep forgetting.

Usually just my camera with a timer. I usually take a bunch at once and pick the ones I like

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    DSLR on a tripod with a remote timer. And I will second the idea of taking lots and lots of photos to be able to get just a few good ones. I take hundreds, well actually I am sure that over this amount of time I am easily in the thousands, but there are just a handful that I really like.

digital camera and camera phone..but lately my wife and son have taken some family photos with me dressed

Famous people like me have a devil of a job escaping the Paperazzi, who follow me everywhere. Seriously though, I use a remote and a Canon digital SLR tripod mounted. I bin most shots, then crop the better ones. It would be nice to have a sympathetic partner/friend, but I don't, alas.

M.