Thread: Excited with anxiety!

Excited with anxiety!

So this weekend will be the first time in a long while that I'll have the chance to dress full on. Decided its time to take full advantage. So I called an Ulta store store and made an appointment. I was so nervous and will be till its over I'm sure. I'll have to drive a bit but it will be worth it. I don't know who is more excited, I really think it was them. The lady said ( OMG, I'm so excited. Its going to be so much fun. I'm the one working this weekend and I'll fix you up real good Girlfriend!) I think that made it a lot easier for sure. Now I got all week to figure out what to wear. My head is already spinning.

That sounds Awsome! I'm sure you will have a great time. Just relax and enjoy.

Banned Read only
    Nice. Have fun!

I was in the Prestige Salon on Saturday getting my very first manicure. The girl and I were talking about how busy it was and I was like "No wonder I couldn't get a pedicure and makeup with tutorial done today". So she said we could set one up and she started telling me about some different colors that would go good with my pretty blue eyes. So I've got an appointment for Tuesday.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    The girl that does my pedicures LOVES painting my toes! She always gives out a cute little giggle and says "you just made my day" when I tell her she can use color. I always let her pick whatever color moves her that day, usually very bright and bold! She doesn't know about my dressing, at least I don't think she does. She thinks it's really cool that I let her paint my toes. She also does massages and makeovers...I was thinking of asking her for a makeover for Halloween. I think she would have more fun than me.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Banned Read only
    Sounds like amazing time enjoy and relax

Silver Member
    Tammy - I am happy for you! Enjoy yourself!

Tammy,

Great job taking the risk! I hope you can relax enough to enjoy the process.
    Friday morning I went to Ulta for the first time. I was set to have my first full day of wig, make-up etc. en femme on Saturday and I had no make-up.

I walked to the salon counter, the attendant (Amanda) asked how she could help. I said I had a project for her - I wanted my face to look something like hers.
    She did not blink and welcomed me to her station. She was very friendly and described everything she was doing. After selling me some expensive, non-chemical, American made smoother and foundation, she was very kind to help me pick out some less expensive lip liner, lip stick and eye shadow.

I walked out $95 lighter and very happy and proud of myself for making the journey. I know I can go back when I am ready without any fear. Even in drab, I was treated very kindly.

Peace
    Eve

I'm torn on what to wear. The few times I've been out its always casual. Blouse and jeans ,capris, or leggings. Being I'm going the distance I thought maybe an evening dress. But if I do that I think I'll feel out of place when I go shopping. What do you girls think? Do you think it would grab a lot of attention or do you think most won't even care. I have a black and white knee length dress in mind but I don't think most women go shopping in a evening dress. What's your thoughts?

love it have fun Ill be jealous ...and on the golf course funny enough
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Read only
    I'd go pants and a top. But that's just me. I've always been just a jeans and t-shirt person.

I am going to have some time later on this year to do the same thing - I want to hear all about your experience - sounds like a great time.

Its go time and my legs are numb and um running late. BUT its going to be so great!

Go girl! Have a blast. That's so cool she's so excited to work with you.