Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes wonder where they went, what happened.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Don't worry, I'm still here, trials, tribulations, and stressors of male mode. Yes I know because everyone has missed me. Meanwhile as crickets are chirping, and members are wondering "who is Jocelyn, she was a member here?????
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I remember you Jocelyn. Glad you are here!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    BTW what color are your panties and do you like pantyhose or garters?
    Lorileah, I think you were kidding, but, even I, who has a lot of time to be on-line (retiree) find there is a lot of repeating of prior threads. I look at the join date and just chalk it up to a new person asking the same question. But, I was a new person also, once. I've looked for some of the ladies, if I can remember their names.

I always notice on any thread the relationship between the numbers who have logged on to the number who are visitors. Its seems there are too many visitors in relation to those who logged on. Are they members who really do have family members being too intrusive and need to be careful? Or are they lurkers being inquisitive? Or a bunch of childish persons chuckling over men posting about what they are wearing and whether or not stockings with garters are more comfortable than thigh highs?

I do miss many of the "regulars" who have dropped off for one reason or another which is known only to themselves. I hope many of those have become so accustom and comfortable with themselves that they do not need the "therapy" this site gives.

I'd like to know what happened to the vlogger comedienne Jessica Who. Not only did she disappear, but her records have been intentionally removed from Google search. WTF happened?
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

censorship....
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    I'm still here... I've been a bit inactive for a while... Life happens. I am channeling all my energy rebuilding a business which is smoky where I need it. I'll see what tomorrow brings.

Great topic Alice, I've been inactive about one year but why? I asked once question in style what do you want to look like (maybe to blunt) and some of members atacked me about it. OK NP I want not to be in conlict, just stay some time off and yesterday replayed same question in new thread. Ther is lot of nice answer. Just was wrong time to ask that question in First truy. (apologize for English I have no praktice last year it will go better I hope)
    I don't wont to hurt anybody. I just wont to enjoy a life.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    great topic. I have been here for about 5 years, it seems I take breaks when I either prefer to spend my limited time dressing, or just too busy to find time to spend online in general. I have noticed over time that most of my closer friends have left the site, some I have left PMs for and have gotten no response. I will say that this site does have a "homey" feeling, as in coming home. I have learned such a great deal here, and met some lovely friends.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Quote Originally Posted by danam View Post
    WTF happened?
    I looked her up once. She was getting a lot of attention due to the vids, was being asked to speak on behalf of the community and had an interview on a radio station. Then she went to LA to be involved in a project. Shortly afterwards, her wife left her. She stopped posting on all her profiles all at once. She did have a channel in guy mode dedicated to some gaming reviews that he contributed to very sporadically in following years but even this has not been active in a while. It's really too bad. I think she had a great message to deliver, in ways that made people lower their defenses.
    Reine

I can't speak for all of the "missing" members here, but I can tell you where I've been.
    First thing is I went for therapy and found out some things I won't go into details about, but I am more happy with myself most of the time than ever before.
    My wife is trying to accept me as I am and that is HUGE for us.
    My daughter and her husband split so she and the 2 kids moved in. Less Jennifer time for me.
    I don't want to pass as a woman as I grew a beard through the time I've been gone from here and my wife likes it. Let's just say I'm definitely a dude in a dress (actually yoga pants) and I'm okay with that.
    I've been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. I have good days and bad days.
    I'm always here checking out the posts. I do all my reading here on my phone as I don't own a computer. I'm not 100% happy with myself every day, but I'm much better than I was.

Jen

Silver Member
    I think that we connect or identify with members on this site who share from-the-heart stories, problems, accomplishments, images. We look forward to their next post. And then we wonder what happened to them. It is sort of a loss, and makes me appreciate the people on this site.

I also want to add that we do have a few highly opinionated members who always seem to be expressing comments that are judgmental, insensitive and often hurtful, which probably cause some sensitive members to leave. People share stories, problems, ideas and pictures - and receive replies that go well beyond an honest, helpful comment. Most people here are caring, sensitive, helpful, friendly. A few are not. We are amazingly and wonderfully diverse, yet a few believe only they know what is right or what the rules should be.

we come and go, just like dressing seems to for many members. Once we have understood what we need, many of us will leave with that. What we have in common is "just" CD/TG/TS for the main part, and once we've exhausted that topic (yes, that can be possible for some of us), then we're done.

I also find interesting topics come and go, and patches when I've less to say, and so many repeated posts variations on themes discussed. I doubt we have any new threads or insights, if we really searched the old ones thoroughly.

xxx Pamela
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    I remember you Jocelyn. Glad you are here!
    Why thank you Alice! Note 2 days in a row I've made time to return to the forum!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I have shut it down regarding voicing an opinion here. I can easily take a punch, but that's not the point. I shouldn't have to. We are all supposed to be supportive here and I don't need some one telling me "my opinion doesn't matter" (as was told to me). Fine, I'll keep it to myself going forward. My life is too good right now having made so many real friends that I never thought possible a year ago. I have tried to participate, to be kind, supportive, humorous, open and honest and when I chime in with a dissenting opinion, brought forth in a respectful manner and then am mocked for that opinion, it's time to do something else with my time. I will occasionally check in on friends and will comment on their posts via private message. I will also use the forum to share ideas and experiences because I think that is helpful to those struggling to get out in the world. But beyond that.........
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I don't spend the time here I ones did. Other things come up. Still dress as much as I did just lost some time and intrest.
    Angie

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    Don't worry, I'm still here, trials, tribulations, and stressors of male mode. Yes I know because everyone has missed me. Meanwhile as crickets are chirping, and members are wondering "who is Jocelyn, she was a member here?????
    Glad to see you again, Jocelyn.

Alice,
    Many times I wonder about people I remember or even exchanged posts that don't seem to be here. Perhaps they are just lurking but still in good health. Let's hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    Many a time I have liked what someone has written but am not about to add a post to say that.
    Very well put, Angela, there are many posts I like but do not reply. If I did, I would have no time for anything else.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-24-2015 at 11:10 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit or use multiquote

Kimberly keeps her blog updated. 'Traveling Transgendered'

DarlaG used to befriend everyone..she hasn't been around in ages.
    Like others have mentioned. Kathi Lake.
    Karren Hutton used to be on another site I visited occasionally. She hasn't been there in awhile.
    I knew Jocelyn was still around
    So many others...
    The ones that aren't around...I hope nothing happened (like death, or accident, thrown out) and that they've just moved on because they found what they needed.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

I was very active about 7 years ago. About 5 years ago I got into a very heated argument on this forum, very hurtful, and then I pretty much quit. I took several years off and focused instead on YouTube. I came back recently. I guess I craved the conversation. I'm better now at tuning out the extremists. Perhaps I've healed, or matured, or just gotten better at tuning out the noise.
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

I have joined a local support group and get the help I was looking for there so I don't post here as often. What I did find interesting is that I met some others who were members here and asked them why I didn't see them on here anymore and they told me they had been blocked?

Genny B

Reality Check
    I think this forum needs a "Like" button as on Facebook. I agree with several of the posts on this thread but I don't want to reply to each saying "Well said." or something similar.

The only real way to find out why members leave is to ask them and of course if they are gone, there's no way to do that. My suspicions are:

They passed away
    They quit crossdressing for some other hobby.
    They transitioned and are now living as women and don't need or want to talk about crossdressing.
    They got tired of the silly posts like "What color panties are you wearing right now?"
    As someone else said, they didn't see the point of logging on only to be bullied by some of the members

At my age, I have come to realize that people come and go in our lives. It's not just this forum, it's every forum, Facebook and other "social media" and even people in our real lives. It's life.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-28-2015 at 05:13 PM. Reason: fine line there. PM me if you wish to discuss this

Silver Member
    Some people arrive on this site with a major problem, discovery or event - and seek help and advice. Often they start many posts and share their story. We see them repeatedly, every day, for weeks. And then we don't see them. They get support, learn, gain confidence, address their issue - and don't need support any more. They move on. When that happens - good happens.

Reality Check
    Perhaps, but I would think they might stay around and offer what they have learned to newer members. Besides, you never learn it all.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Some people arrive on this site with a major problem, discovery or event - and seek help and advice. Often they start many posts and share their story. We see them repeatedly, every day, for weeks. And then we don't see them. They get support, learn, gain confidence, address their issue - and don't need support any more. They move on. When that happens - good happens.
    Exactly why I came to this website. Although I don't know that anyone else here has conservative muslim parents, lol.