Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes wonder where they went, what happened.

Sometimes wonder where they went, what happened.

I have been on here for around seven years. There have been so many who posted on here, who have simply vanished, it seems! I have tried to contact some, but gotten no responses. Guessing is all we can do, about all the alumni, from this site. I can only guess some have passed away, some gave it all up, spouse made them stop, conversion to religion that forbids, joined the military, got injured and can't dress, serious diseases, tragedies, etc. But, so many have just disappeared from this site! And so many, many members dressup nanes still on the list. Just wondering.

Excellent question

Hard to say Alice, who knows.
    You mention a number of likely reasons already.

I have only been here this year, but have already noticed changes in the pattern. I can also say that for me the pattern changes too. I used to do alot of greeting and welcoming in the intro room, but havent been there in a while. No particular reason other than time.
    I am concidering not coming here as much as I have been though! Part of that is the amount of time I sometimes spend here. It just gets in the way of work etc. The other thing is that I can get a little frustrated sometimes because of the way this kind of forum works! I have many times written a long thoughtful response to someones post just to get the feeling that it is like talking to a wall. It is discouraging to me to be honest, though it is probably just the nature of things.

Im thinking that others might go through that too and it might cause them to stop replying and even disapear.
    Some probably also get tired of the repetitive nature of the posts! Even this thread is a repeat from just a few months ago :-)

- Suzie

As we all age things change. A lot are probably busy with kids and raising a family. Especially the younger ones. I think you covered the rest of the bases. I've got a couple that are on my friends list that hardly post any more.

As you say Alice, sometimes life gets in the way for various reasons, sometimes it isn't cost efficient for a number of reasons. I can take it or leave it myself but hang around here to keep up with my friends.Since I do also consider CDing an art form, I have a lot of fun with it. Having my SO on board with it also helps but then I'm also enjoying my male side way more that I ever did before. The reasons vary with the individual people I guess.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Their desire to crossdress went away.
    hahahahahaha

Where's Karen?? Hockey season is fast approaching.
    Joni

Karren is on Facebook pretty regularly.

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    Ive been a member since '05.... The novelty wears off... I was active for awhile then the people I was friendly with drifted into different directions and so did I...

I've posted a few picture threads from time to time but my days of seriously contributing are probably done. I don't have much to add and I can't seem to figure out how to slide in sometimes... But that's all on me, nothing anyone here has done... I'm just a antisocial nutbag.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

Kate, I totally agree, that this is an art form for me, too, as i am an artistic person, as well. Perhaps some, move to different aspects of their, artistic expression, or like some said, concentrate on their families. As a loner, I know this can take over my life, if i let it, and i need to balance it out, and i myself, do stay off here for periods, maybe for good, some day.

Silver Member
    Alice - Good question. I have had the same thought. Sometimes you relate to someone here and look forward to their posts and their experiences. But members come to this site, participate, learn, get support and enjoy - and often move on.

Some probably get scared away when they hear that everything they do on the internet is being tracked.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Their desire to crossdress went away.
    hahahahahaha
    I'm really glad I wasn't drinking a coffee when I read that. It would have been all over everything!

Slipstream, That IS really scary, isn't it. You just never know these days.

Well, there have been people on here, not many, i admit, who said they just lost the desire.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-21-2015 at 05:19 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit or use multiquote

I may be new to this forum, but have a lot of insight from other forums I am active on. Due to the nature of this particular forum there are other variables at play (which you mentioned), but mostly I think people drop off of forums due to lack of time, lower interest, or they've explored and participated to the full capacity... from personal experience, I have several thousand posts and hundreds of hours logged in another forum for a hobby I'm into, and feel I have contributed and learned all I can from it. Others have jumped in and taken my place as a greeter/knowledge base - now I just pop on a few times a month. The ill/death/catastrophic reasons are probably not so common, though I have noticed this community is a bit tighter than most, so maybe I'm off base with this assumption.

Being a lifetime single, with no kids, I think i would be on here more, than if i had a mate, and family. Some with rejecting mates, come here for support, for sure. I would guess a hostile mate could well order one to stay off here, to say the least.

Their questions were answered, the threads started repeating and they didn't need the information, some grew beyond what happens here, some went on to happier lives and new adventures. Sometimes good things happen and you move on.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lorileah, Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
    Some probably get scared away when they hear that everything they do on the internet is being tracked.
    I count on that actually.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

That is a good question and I think you gave some good answers. Perhaps a number of them got turned off by cyber bullying, in addition to what you suggested as I have noticed a few angry people on here. I was thinking the same things you did, some time ago as to what may have been the demise of some of the tg websites, chat rooms that were at one time popular in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    There seems to be like a 3 month cycle period on here, sure there are your regulars, and those who pop their heads in occasionally to catch up, but then there are the 3 month cycle gals, the ones who explode in pink fairy dust, then put "it" away... then those newbies who get chased away by the mods attitudes if they post wrong , yup.... maybe those that get bored by the panty threads, and the my wife,my wife stories...same goes with gals I meet out in public...I meet girls and "poof" gone for six months without a trace only to pick right up conversation wise right where they left off . Its the nature of the beast I guess, I am happy every single day I can still do this, and have the MEANS to do it....thats another one...girls fall on hard times, responsobilities, school...etc....

I joined in 2012 and was pretty active for a couple years, than drifted away.
    I wish I could tell you why. I suppose I just got bussy. It seems life can sometimes get in the way of things we really enjoy. I really do injoy reading the post. This site has been a great learning experience for me.

trying to let it out. Veronica putters's Avatar
    I know im new to this site but i would love to be on here for a long time because all you ladies are nice and you girls dont have a problem talking to anyone . I dont have a gf to tell me to stop or anything like that just the thoughts in my head and i have been fighting them for a long time now...For some people it could be a fetish i know for me i have always wanted to be a girl a dress in clothing because it makes me feel at home...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley in Virginia View Post
    Ive been a member since '05.... The novelty wears off... I was active for awhile then the people I was friendly with drifted into different directions and so did I...
    That's what happened to my SO (compared to how it was before) and to a lot of people I know. The novelty just wears off and people move on. But, to get to that point, I think a person needs to feel complete freedom to dress for several years. If they feel at all constrained either from internal or external barriers, they won't be able to move on because they'll constantly be chasing the carrot. My SO still dresses on occasion, but not nearly as much as he did 7-8 years ago. He's into all kinds of other interests and he really doesn't need any support for the CDing. He's got it all figured out for himself. We do go to my SO's TG support group sometimes, but this is mostly to see old friends, many of whom also have toned it down considerably.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    I suspect that for most that have left, life has simply got in the way. Work, health, or competing interests, all demand a person's time. And honestly, after a while us veterans have seen pretty much every possible topic. It's in large part the personal connections that have kept me here this long.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt