Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD's in their 30's/40's?

CD's in their 30's/40's?

Hi All,

I'm new here, and have tried looking for a thread along these lines, but haven't found anything yet (though please do let me know if it exists and I just missed it)

I'm a late 30's CD who has been dressing most of my life, but is only recently starting to emerge out of the house and head out into the world. I've just gone to my first support group and even headed out for drinks afterwards to a bar with some other girls! I am married with a fairly supportive wife (she still has some challenges around my dressing, but is trying - I told her about my dressing very early in our relationship) and I have two young kids. I would love to connect with some other girls in my age range (30's/40's) as oftentimes it seems like people on the boards are in different phases of life, i.e., retired with adults kids or young and unattached. It'd be great to hear your stories and also have some girls in the same phase of life to talk with. Hope to meet some of you online!

Hugs,
    Raeleen

I bet you'll find some in your age if you'll just keep checking in from time to time. I know a bunch in Texas but long way from Seattle.

Banned Read only
    Hi Raeleen, I'm in my mid 40's living in South Dakota. You're lucky to have found a support group in the real world. I can't seem to find anyone to just hang out with around me and it's depressing. Anyways, feel free to message me if you want.

Welcome Raeleen I dressed as you in my late thirties. But alas I'm a few years older now. I have a girlfriend and she supports me. It is hard sometimes as I'm a gender fluid person. Seattle is far from here in Central Texas. Anyways welcome, I'm sure there are a lot like you here.
    Part Time Girl

trying to let it out. Veronica putters's Avatar
    Hello releen i am also new here and i have been dressing now for a while now and now that i am 29 i am trying to go out and dress up.. because i am shy these ladies are helping me out and its working i may not be at the level you or any off the other girls are at but we are all trying... i have yet to come across any other cross dressers around me or a support group ..

Keep up the good work and do what makes you feel good

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I think most gals who start heading out on a regular basis are in their 30's and 40's......myself included ( a real gal never discloses her real age), but its rare I see a gal in her 20's actually out and about..(although they should)...but it seems its a confidence, and sometimes a financial issue that keeps them in the closet snapping pictures on tumblr.....maybe sometimes it takes THAT long to get "ok" with this....there is a conference that takes place up your way...but you missed it..I think its in May.....you can always travel to where the FUN is xoxo

I am sure that younger people that see that being transgender is not such a bad thing when they see positive role models perhaps end up dressing Full Time and doing it more than others who have perhaps kept it hidden and not come out and felt comfortable like the younger generation, yet that is just my two cents.

I am 34 live in Richmond Virginia metro area and I would love to get to know more folks who are interested in the same things as me.
    Amanda

I'm in my mid 40's and started dressing just over a year ago. This is still all new to me.

Patty

Hey Raeleen! I am a bit of a late bloomer. I'm late 30s/early 40s -ish lol. I just started dressing within the last few months after many years of repression, from my family and then my first marriage. But, I'm finally in a situation where I can be myself (well, at least at home, on weekends). My wife is very supportive and we don't have any kids yet. I am hoping to venture out a little bit. Maybe some early morning drives to start out. I would love to be able to go to some sort of support group or social club for CDs but, I don't think there's anything around here. Anyhow, feel free to message me anytime you want.
    Last edited by Paula J; 09-22-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Hi Raeleen, Im 30!

I think there are plenty of us within that age range on this forum. I have found, however, that a lot who venture out tend to be older. I met one girl a couple of weeks ago who was 23 but everyone else seems to be 50 plus

My dearest friend, whom I go out with every so often, is ten years older than me and certainly proves that age is just a number. Except when she forgets her glasses and can't read the menu!

Daniella Argento
    Oh dear... I am so... TYPICAL!
    Yes I pretty much fit the 30s/40s description exactly.
    I only started going out last year.
    I too have a supportive wife and a young family.
    It has its challenges but I wouldnt change it for the world...

I was mortified about my crossdressing desires as a teenager, and I ran from them as best I could. I managed to suppress them completely during my 20s by focusing on "regular" life and exploring typical hetero desires. By the time I reached 35 I got tired of fighting it and started dressing in earnest. Nine years later, I've pretty much done everything there is to do as a crossdresser! Unreal!!!
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

I'm very similar - 40, with two young uns, and a supportive wife. I also recently had my first out-and-about experience with a support group, I've been out a couple of times since...
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom - Anais Nin

Thanks for the responses, girls! I figured there were many of you out there, but I just wasn't coming across you all. Would love to chat and connect with more of you. Just really feeling the need for support from others who are in this same space with me (not that I don't appreciate the advice from ladies of all ages. I love this forum!)

I think I've been feeling a bit lonesome in my situation and to have someone say that they're in the same place and they get it, would be awesome. Feel free to PM me to connect further and we can talk offline.

Love you all!

Hugs,
    Raeleen

Hey Raeleen, I'm in my late 40's, divorced with two adult children and they know about Megan. I'm from west TN and pretty much feel all alone here, even though I know I'm not. Hope you are able to make lots of friends. Glad you found your way to the forum.
    Last edited by Megan b; 09-22-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Hi Raeleen,

I'm another in the age range you are looking for and happy to make the connection. I'm surprised at the comments about CDs in their 20s being less likely to go out. I started in my mid 20s and went out on my first time fully dressed. I would think younger ones would have more confidence in their ability to pass. Anyway, that just struck me as interesting.

Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    I met one girl a couple of weeks ago who was 23 but everyone else seems to be 50 plus

Dag'nabbit Musky! Some of us old folks can still get around without spectacles OR a zimmer frame... :

Now you young whippersnappers carry on while I look for my ear trumpet...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Late 30s here married (in the closet) and a youngun. I have been dressing since a young age but have just recently begun to accept that this isn't a small part of me but a big one.

Mid thirties here, started around 10 or 11 and just getting back into it with a helpful wife and enjoying it. It's so nice to find others on here who are in a similar situation.

I've been cding off and on since my teens, ironically I went out when I was younger but stopped as I got older. I'm now in my mid 30's and single, no kids. I guess I did everything backwards
    Most any thing I post is from my phone, this is why my answers are short and also why I don't post all to often.

I'm 42 and I've been dressing since I was 11.

Platinum Member
    Hi Raeleen, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home.

I have been 36 twice now.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm 44 and have been dressing since the age of 12. Told my wife about it about 8 months ago.