Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At what point?

Getting prepped to leave the house is always a whirlwind of activity, usually under time pressure. I don't appreciate the results and really experience my transformation until I'm in the car and on the way to my destination -- then there's nothing left to fix, change or improve, and I can finally relax a bit.

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Fully transformed? I have a female suit that appears to change me into a naked female from neck to ankles. But, when do I FEEL I'm female?

NEVER!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

definitely a question only for CD'ers then. My answer is that I don't feel transformed into a woman even if fully made up, it's an unusual me. I feel happy wearing women's clothes and perhaps that's all i need in terms of transforming, the make-up is an extra for special occasions, just like my SO only wears make up then, too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I don't transform either. I only transvest.

Banned Read only
    Kate,
    To me the guy disappears when the wig goes on !

I do everything and then put on my wig. That is what transforms me and I am Tracey. It is the magic moment

The first time I put on a wig and saw Barbara in the mirror I cried. The wig makes such an incredible difference.

I think when doing my makeup, then the lipstick completes that particular stage. The wig brings stage two together (this is probably the most important step) but I feel my most feminine when I put my stilettoes on.

Yep, like so many others, it's got to be the wig for me. I always do my makeup, get dressed, and then the wig is pretty much the final step. I never feel right until the wig goes on. Up until that point, I just feel like a dude in women's clothes and makeup. But when I put the wig on and turn and look in the mirror, it's like 'hey Paula! There you are!'

For me, like a lot of other ladies here, I feel transformed into the female image once the wig goes on. I always love that moment. Jewelry, shoes and purse are the last things done to complete the transformation.

I agree with most of you, the makeup plus the wig. The act of getting ready, is mind changing.
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

The wigs seem to have it. They must be somewhat magical. When my GF and I are going out with me en femme and I'm dressing in front of her, she tells me she knows it's me even with makeup on but when I don the wig it looks like an entirely different person. Even with that though, for myself the final touch is lipstick, then I feel empowered.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The last two things that I do are to put on my wig and then apply my lip liner and lipstick. Then I am ready!
    Hugs, Carole

When the wig goes on, I'm a woman. Lipstick and dangly earrings add an exclamation point, but the wig says "I am woman."

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, For me the last thing is my wig, That's my Crowning Glory, Then I'm transformed.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When I am fully dressed and putting my makeup on

For me it's an incremental feeling. Every article of female clothing I put on contributes. Then makeup, jewelry, and when the wig goes on (as so many have said), it's a magical moment. I love that rush! Brushing out the wig, adjusting clothes, finishing makeup touches....whew! *fanning self*

*giggle*

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111

Silver Member
    Kate - I also never feel transformed. I am always "me". But I do recognize that my appearance changes dramatically when I complete my make-up, primarily my eyes. I feel different - relaxed, sexy, happy. I then feel good getting dressed - and putting on my heels - which makes me feel real good.

The wig for me as well. It seems to be the piece that brings everything together.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    Another vote for the 'wig moment' ....
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

I have to say it's the moment I put on the wig. It's when my male persona disappears and Stefani appears.
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn B View Post
    For me, when the wig goes on...that's the " hey girl! Where ya' been" moment!!
    Yep I'll go with that. Even if just grabbing a few hours "home alone" the wig does it for me. Why? because even if starting from a blank canvas, "naked as a jay bird", putting on a wig connects me with the things GG's have to do when getting dressed. OK if putting on makeup then the wig is relegated to later in the process but it is the one thing that transforms my overall look the most.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

As many times as I've done it, the difference a wig and makeup makes, still takes my breath away. To look in the mirror and see an attractive woman is mind blowing.

I will also vote for the wig. I love the feeling when I place it on.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    typically I am dressed before the makeup goes on, when the lipstick goes on I am transformed into Madilyn, then the wig goes on last.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn