Thread: Non-pierced ears - discovered a "trick"

Non-pierced ears - discovered a "trick"

Hi girls..

i was looking at amanda's thread about piercing..that's just not an option for me in my job..

but i just discovered something that is really cool....there is very little selection in clip-ons, especially if you want something really really cute and dangly....HOWEVER!!...

many of the pierced styles have kind of hook and clasp structure...about 1/4 to 1/3 of pierced styles work that there is curved post that goes through the front of the lobe and it hooks into a slightly larger curved clasp in the back...very easy to spot these and alot of the cutest styles use this...

well guess what...they work on non pierced ears...a little ouchy but they work and they dont leave a mark...(well for about 2 hrs they do, but it goes away...i've been wearing them all week)... i was at the mall last nite and i saw so many pairs that were like this and i had a blast shopping for new earrings that i could never dream of wearing...

also if you are afraid it will mark your ears, go to claire's boutique and get the clip on pads (little white pads)..cut them to a very small dot and use that to cushion the front clasp.. the clasp goes right into the pad and u can only notice it if you are really looking for it

maybe this is old news for some of us, but for me ...a revelation...
    i may be girly but i'm still and engineer at heart!

there is good example of a pair of a drop pierced earrings set i wore after i shopped in the 3rd pic in the picture gallery

michele

You can also buy adapters that will allow you to use pierce-earrings as clip-ons. You can find them at:

http://www.cliptomania.com/

sharon that is even better!!! i love earrings and the clipons are getting boring!

however i looked on the site and didnt see adapters...hmmm
    i'll look again later

thnx

Quote Originally Posted by micheletv
    sharon that is even better!!! i love earrings and the clipons are getting boring!

however i looked on the site and didnt see adapters...hmmm
    i'll look again later

thnx
    Hmm, I didn't look this time, but they used to have them.

Michele, You can get them at Claires at your local mall. They have them in both gold and silver.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi
    Michele, You can get them at Claires at your local mall. They have them in both gold and silver.

Jodi
    Michele hanks for the great tip going to try it
    Sharon and Jodi thanks for the info. If we don't get that Blizzard tomorrow I'm off to the Mall and Claires

Rena

EarringDoctor has the solution, I have used these and they work well.....
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Is there anywhere that sells earring converters in the U.K.? I would love to get them for my S.O.