Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Resemblance

Family Resemblance

I sure this may have been done before but what the heck..

I have always been told that I look like my father. To the point it has been said that he is just an older version of me.
    Now when I am dressed I never give it much thought. But the older I get the more I see my mother in the mirror. Since she passed
    years ago it always brings a smile to my face to see her looking back at me.
    I have her lips and her chin.

So to the point which family member do you resemble? Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, the dog.
    Also does it change when in en femme ?

As a male, I most resemble my grandfather on my mom's side. But when I become Ceera, I look a lot more like my sister.

I remember early on I bought a short wig. Sort of a bob. I looked in the mirror, saw my sister! Never wore it again! LOL

I have often been told that I resemble my mother in looks and actions. However, my personality is more like my father's.
    Hugs, Carole

I look like my Mom who's pic is on my profile page.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I look more like my oldest sister when dressed.

I see my mother when I look in the mirror.

I'd say I still look like my father more and you would never find any lipstick on him. My wife says his stamp is even on me a Jaylyn. I think my dressing though did come from my moms side.... Lol maybe some really mixed up genes.

I have always been told I look like mom, and there is no denying it is true. I haven't really picked up a wig yet or makeup, but did one of those apps where you can apply makeup and hairstyles... it is almost creepy how much the after pic looked like my mom! Guess that's a good thing?? Lol.

Silver Member
    I resemble my father in male mode - short hair, male clothes, male shoes, athletic build

I resemble my mother in female mode - long hair (wig), make up, female clothes, female shoes

Platinum Member
    Hi Katie, No DNA test needed, I'm my father,
    But while dressed depending on
    which wig I'm wearing some times I see my mother or my sister in the mirror.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    ^What Heather said goes for me, too -- it's kinda scary.

Platinum Member
    Depends on who is looking. My wife thinks I resemble my mom. My eldest sister says that as a young man I looked just like my paternal grandfather at the same age. I see attributes from both sides of my family.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I look like one sister when I'm in boy mode and my other sister when in girl mode.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I look like none of my family but me and my older sister have identical noses. That's about it. Also I'm the tallest in my immediate family and one of the tallest in both sides of my family. My moms side does have a lot of tall women some of them my height and short men mostly. My dad's side has a lot of short men and women. Average male is probably about 5'7", average woman about 5'3". I'm 5'10"...My mom is actually taller than my dad too.
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

I dressed one time with a different color wig and it resembled my sister a lot. Took me off guard at the moment. I still have a picture from that time and I look at it once in a while. I only have one sister and sometimes wonder what my mother would say if she seen it.

Thankfully, I resemble my mother more than my Dad. My father was considerably broader in the shoulders than I am.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    As Don, I'm more of a mixture of both my parents. As DeeAnn, I am more like my late mother; sort of a wider version of her facial features.

DeeAnn

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I had a cd gal pal hang over the house one night for a gal pal sleepover, she took one look at the family photos and was like OMG you and your sister are twins !!! You just have the hair flip on opposite sides LOL

My older sister and I have similar looks even when I'm not dressed, I mean, except when I have my facial hair haha. While I'm dressed and wear similar makeup, we could easily pass for twins in my opinion.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Banned Read only
    As a male I don't think anyone but lately I seriously just though not long ago OMG, I'm beginning to look like my mother, seriously! Not so bad, she was incredible in her day...but I'm still a guy, sort of...

Everyone tells me I look like my mother and when I dress, it's more so. I think my mom looks great for her age so I take the comparison as a compliment.

I took after my moms side of the family. My dad was big boned and broad shoulders. I'm thin and like my late mom. But i do look a bit different than her when dressed. But I do see her resemblance.
    Part Time Girl

I do not look like my father at all. There is very little resemblance between me and my brother and sister, both of whom look like my father. On the other hand, my face is almost a carbon copy of my mother's face, except very slightly more masculine.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I look like my mom.
    Dana Ryan