Thread: Transition

Transition

ladies one question today. How old do you think is to old to transition male to female. My therapist knowing my history and all the mental issues for my wife and I asked if this is worth going throught at this point in my life I am 66 years old. My wife knows all about all my crossdressing, no problem I don't know if this is the time to talk about this subject. Transition is a big step from crossdressing.
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

HI Carrie,

I started a related thread in the TG group have a read some interesting insights. Basic conclusion from that discussion is your never to old...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d-starting-age

I agree with Jemstar. Never too old. I met a lady who was 72 last summer. She began transitioning at 70!
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Banned Read only
    I don't think it's ever too late, Sure HRT and the 'second puberty' is more profound in the early years but look at Caitlyn Jenner !

Hi Carrie, I am also 66 and just finishing up my transition with GRS in Oct. For me this was the only route I could take but each of us has to decide for ourselves just how far we need to go. Be yourself do what you need to do to be happy with that person that looks back at you from the mirror.

Peggie Lee

If you need to, go for it! I thought I started too late, and it turns out my age was quite common.

I have a dear friend who is in her seventies. All her life she was a closet crossdresser. Several years ago her wife died, and she started dressing 24/7 (unless she was with her children and grandchildren, I think she eventually came out to them) which was when I met her. She confided to me that crossdressing enabled her to overcome the grief at losing her wife. Fast forward to today: she has completed SRS and has a wonderful boyfriend (who is also a crossdresser) and she looks years younger than her actual age.

It depends on how important it is to you. I always thought I wanted to transition but once I integrated all of my feelings I decided I didn't need to. Having fun with the CDing was enough for myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I was 70 when I came to the realization that I had no choice. I am now 72 and, little by little, I am becoming the woman I should have always been. I have now been on hormone therapy for 2 1/2 years, with still a long way to go. But, with one exception, I am happy with the decisions I have made.

Bobbi

Platinum Member
    Hi Carrie, If that's what's going to make you happy then go for it.

At 72 for me, I love having the best of both worlds.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

One can ask about "too old" and yet the question really is whether your physical health is good enough to heal rapidly and then deal with the hormonal shifts including the loss of strength and muscle mass.

A second point is "how young is too young to transition?", because later in life one has probably had children if one is going to, and there'd be a possible regret transitioning early.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Please remember that HRT is not needed as part of the transition process.

Some people are unable to take HRT for medical reasons but still transition

I know one person who had SRS at 69

I guess it come down to health and a surgeon will to perform the operation
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I'm friends with two girls here, one transitioned and had SRS at 70, the other 72...
    Call me Donna, please

Transition is not about clothes or even just how you look
    its about saving your own life...how old should you be for that??
    I am real

Banned Read only
    Hi Carrie. I transitioned at age 50, and I am part of the leadership of a trans outreach group. I get asked quite frequently "Am I too old to successfully transition?" The youngest person to ask me this, so far, was 24 years old.

I give the same answer to everyone who asks though:

"You are too old to transition when you are dead."

I then encourage them to be about it before that point, because I almost didn't.

You are never too old! I'm almost fifty and have gone as far as I can go on HRT. I plan to completely transition before I die. It's not something I need to do for the world to see me as a woman, it's something I need to do for myself. If you look in the mirror and need to see a woman instead of a man then you should transition no matter how old you are.

Ladies
    Thank you for all the input and advice about my question about transition, now I must stop to think of the way I really feel. I was kind of hoping in my own way that my doctor was rite when we last talked, and the meds I take for mental illness can cause things to be a little different in how I feel,the biggest thing that I feel good about is there has never been any signs of depression in all my years on this earth. Many things have happened to me growing up and going through my life. Most stories to boring to talk about.

Thanks again Carrie 2014
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

The older you are, the more likely there might be "complications", as the doctors say. And the older you are, the slower you heal. Those are facts for any kind of surgery. I can only speak for myself, but I would never have any surgery that wasn't absolutely necessary. I have had several bad experiences with doctors, and I tend to stay as far away from them as possible.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanieAnne
    I would never have any surgery that wasn't absolutely necessary.
    My surgery was absolutely necessary. I figure, honestly, I had another 12-18 months (I hope) without surgery before I couldn't take it anymore and blew my brains out. I was totally prepared to do that. Maybe my shelf life was shorter though, because I was starting to sweat my Feb '16 surgery date. The early appointment I got from someone else's cancellation was a godsend, I know that.

I couldn't take that alien thing on my body any longer. It was like having some sort of horrible parasitic worm attached to my body. The nightmares I suffered from were horrible and hard to take.

This ain't about appearances, I can assure you of that.

You can't begin to imagine how horrible this felt all of my life.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-30-2015 at 12:02 AM. Reason: please don't bypass the filter