Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming Out To My Mother

Coming Out To My Mother

First off I've been a member here since August of 2012, I apologized for the lack of appearance on this site. I really do feel like this is home to me, knowing theirs more TG's out there. I did update my picture though so everyone can see my girl side.

I titled this coming out to my mother because it was that time. I got a text from my mom asking if I wanted to have dinner. I found this kind of strange because ever since she remarried her and I stopped having our mother/son dinner nights once a week. I was happy, thought she wanted to do it again. So we planned to have dinner at 6pm on May 7th at a nice restaurant. We talked for a good half hour about a ton of stuff (work, life, friends, living, etc). After dinner my mom said "Can I ask you a question and I want you to be honest with me." Knowing every time I heard this growing up I also got nervous, quiet, and very shy. "Sure" I responded. "Are you transgender?" "I've notice all the women's clothes and shoes you've had over the years and I got to thinking." It was silent for a good 30 seconds as I was embarrassed and shy. In that 30 seconds I thought to myself, maybe it's time. I replied with a "yes." With a confused smile on my moms face she asked if she could ask me questions. I answered with a "yes." So for the next hour or so we talked about Molly, how I go out in public, my TG group I go to, etc. she became very supportive, disappointed I never told her years ago. I mean I've started liking women's shoes back in 1999, then started venturing into women's clothing in 2006.

As we got back to her house (house I grew up in) my stepdad was there. She told me we should tell him, I agreed. He became very supportive (his 2 daughters are gay - my step sisters). Told me to be who I wanted to be and don't let others drag me down.

About a week down the road or so, mom said I should tell my sister who is 14 months younger then me. Growing up her and I were never on the same page. Mind you my sister is happily married with 2 boys. After confessing to her, she was happy to hear about it. Very supportive and told her husband later in who became supportive. Recently last week I met up with my brother in law and asked if my sister talked with him. He had question and said he loves me to death and whatever makes me happy. He said he would loved to see my girl side someday.

Sorry this was long, but I'm glad to be back. I wanted to share this story about my mom, stepdad, sister, and brother in law. Thanks for reading.

-Molly

Molly, thats great and hope all is well with you. I'm sure you are ecstatic about the way things turned out.
    Part Time Girl

Hi Molly, what a lovely supportive family you have, you should be so proud of them.

I thought I would only have read something this Sweet in Penn house Letters ,,lol,,, Mark this one down for the Books ,, Fo,, Sho,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

What a tremendously successful dinner! Sounds like you have a wonderful family who is accepting and loving, always cherish that fact and know how extremely lucky you are. Being put on the spot like that by your mother must have been a tad intimidating at the time, but it must feel so good to have it all in the open now. I'm betting she knew it was something you wanted to share but just didn't know how and she just straight up ripped that band-aid off and gave you the opportunity... Moms always know. I wish you the best in the days to come when everyone finally gets a chance to meet Molly! Happy for you!

<3 Lauren

Congrats! So glad to hear your whole family were completely supportive and happy for you! Go fly high now little butterfly
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Molly that is great it's so nice when you can have that kind of family support.
    Welcome back here as well

Awesome! What a great sequence of events.

Lovely to hear Molly! Glad things have gone well for you and your profile picture is sweet too!

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Great to hear such a positive story. I wonder if anyone knows that I dress? I like to think I'm sneaky and hide it, but there's a good chance my family or friends have seen me wearing a thong

Nominate them for "Family of the Year" award. Congratulations.

Silver Member
    Wonderful story! Congrats on having such a supportive family.

A wonderful family

Awesome!

Oh gosh, what an amazing story! I am so happy for you!

What a wonderful story Molly...I am so glad for you
    Love and hugs Jeanette

Platinum Member
    Hi Molly, That sure has to be a load off your shoulders.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Molly,

What a great story of support and love . . . thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Isha

Molly, that is such a wonderful story.

what a fabulous family, seems like you're free to expand your dressing horizons.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the comments. My family is amazing and I am glad I have their support. I still pick and choose the people I tell my "Big Secret" too. The other day I was installing cameras with a buddy I grew up with at my house, and he noticed my flowery panties. All he said was, "Nice underwear." He known since we were young, about 4-5 trustworthy coworkers know and friends I now outside of work. I have a huge selection of people who know, all of them are supportive. Like I was saying, I pick and choose who I tell. People who are quick to judge or who laugh at LGBT people or just think it's funny that people dress in other gender clothing never gets my trust.

There are friends out there who have offered me their clothes and shoes. My sister gave me a ton of jewelry, my mom gave me some make up and jewelry. It's that love and support I get from everyone. It always warms my heart.

Thanks again everyone.

-Molly

That is such a great thing! I'm really happy for you
    You must feel a huge deal of weight coming off your shoulders!

Although my mom found my girl stuff all through my childhood, we never talked about it.
    About the same time I was starting to go out regularly, and my partner had known for years, my mother passed away suddenly.
    I never got the chance to tell her. I'm sure she would have accepted me unconditionally.
    Some girls have very negative experiences, it is so hard to get the nerve to tell someone that close.
    I'll regret not telling her for the rest of my life

Aspiring Member
    Thanks for sharing! Very happy for you! Stories like this give me hope in the humanity. BTW, I totally get what you say about not trusting those who ridicule LGBT community. On the other hand, sometimes I wish I had courage to rub it in their faces and see their reaction, hopefully making them feel at least like a moron

Congratulations to you!!!
    Amanda