Thread: The silly side of life

The silly side of life

My wife and I were having a conversation a few minutes ago, in which we were being silly and lighthearted, and one line in particular struck me as funny.

She said, "When all of this is over and done with, and you swear the Oath of Womanhood, you know you'll have to trade in your Android for an iPhone, right?"

First, I KNEW there was a secret oath being kept from me all these years!

Second, I don't like iPhones! But I literally do not know a single GG under the age of 65 who doesn't have one. I don't believe phones have genders, but that's a little weird. :P

Do you have any silly or ridiculous stories to share?

It's true. An android phone screams 'I'm a guy'. Get the large iphone 6 cause it doesn't fit in guy pockets, and proves you carry a purse. Remember to start every conversation with Oh my God!

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    It's not true, though. Sophisticated older women like myself use Android phones because many times they are far more economical and practical. :-)

How's this for silly -- I recently turned 54 years old. Yesterday, I went to get my ears pierced, for the first time, and since then I've been looking in the mirror and thinking to myself how much more feminine I look, with little 3mm sapphire studs. LOL as if that makes me femme in this day and age.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Oh my god... I have to tell you...

Before going full time at work but well after going full time outside work I was called to HQ which meant trip to the states. Well I arrived late on a Friday night ehhausted so got undressed, cleaned up the makeup, and off to bed. In the morning I bounced out of bed ready to do a bit of shipping but figured perhaps I should unpack first. I was aghast to realize that I'd not packed any boy cloths. So yes a day of shopping but certainly not for anything I was really interested in buying but had little choice.

The few people who knew at work had quite a field day at my expense on that one.

A month later I was ft at work.

Obtw... No iPhone for this gal... I carry the full on iPad with cellular as my phone. Go big or go home. So Paula I'll be expecting the next time I see you you should be carrying your snazzy iMac as your universal communicator with a long extension cord.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Jennifer- You forget I have the Dick Tracy watch. I can be secretly filming you.
    I tried the long extension cord back when I thought 'Why does it have to be a CAR stereo?'

Gone to live my life
    OMG . . . IPhones are for girls . . . you mean my wife is cross dressing with her android . . . ARG more discussion points for my therapist

Cheers

Isha

Gold Member
    Oh My God! LOL. My first upgrade after going full time is coming up. Probably going from the little girl iPhone size to a 6S Plus! Go big or go home!

I don't like iPhones....... I have an android
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Omg! I just upgraded to the 6s, and I love it!

It's easier to read text; the new "San Francisco" font (wink wink) helps that. I got the gold color, but the new rose gold color is even prettier...
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

I remember when men were worried that the white iPhone was for women. The insistence on gendering everything in our society is maddening, but yes it's also funny at times. The rose gold is nice and it's also popular across gender lines because it's the new color this year. I've heard plenty of grumbling among men who couldn't get one because they were the first to sell out.

Most of the time when something is gendered the best question to ask is "why?" It tends to reveal something about us as a society that makes great fodder for jokes.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard

I have to give up my antique flipphone???? But, but, but... women LOVE antiques!

TIC,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Well hoot, I like having my flip actual phone. Like when you make a phone call, it works. And when someone calls you, it rings. And when you open it it answers. Now, my SO had an i-phone. Yep its a girly thing. Well I talked her into an Android. She talked me into an Android phone. My phone doesn't ring all the time when someone calls. Also to answer it you must slide the call button up. That can take seconds to do for instance. However, She used her phone for everything, messaging, data everything.
    When she tries to call, sometime it will not call out and she borrows mine to call. I still only use my android phone for a phone. That's what I want put of that device. I see people all of the time buried in their phone. They even read books from their phone. As i am aging, big text is a lot easier to read on a laptop or desktop.
    Part Time Girl

Hey Abby, after you settle the phone problem, it will be time to think about your car! You do know that you'll have to be driving a "chick car" to be official? Too bad VW is having so much trouble, those Diesel Bugs are cute!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Oh. My. God! The car!

I've always wanted a Mitsubishi Eclipse! Or a Porsche Boxter! Ooh, or a Mazda Miata!

(All joking aside, I've always loved zippy little cars.)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby Kae View Post
    I've always wanted a Mitsubishi Eclipse! Or a Porsche Boxter! Ooh, or a Mazda Miata!
    I've never understood why guys insist that the Boxster is a woman's car. It's just as arbitrary as everything else on the imaginary list. If men stopped trying to keep track of all the silly things they need to memorize that aren't sufficiently manly perhaps they could use the saved time and energy to do something productive instead.
    ~ Kimberly

Why people think that the booster is a women's car?? because according to Porsche, the Boxster was named Women's World Car of the Year in 2013 ....and FYI, 89% of Porsche 911 owners are Male.....oh, oh...wait a minute....time for me to trade for a Boxster??? :

(in all fairness, the news Boxsters are smoking' hot....a friend of mine has one and wow...it is a gorgeous car.....)
    Last edited by Eringirl; 09-28-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Pffft. If a group of female astronomers voted earth as "most habitable planet in the solar system" would that make it a planet suitable solely for women? My wife and I adore our 2008 Boxster S but it's very far from the most feminine thing about us.
    ~ Kimberly

Silver Member
    Personally, I don't get the attraction to the Boxster. But then, I liked AMC Pacers, too. It would be nice if someone brought the Studebaker back ... with an iPad interface, of course. Meantime, I'll stick with my nice orange crush Wrangler, and my iPhone 6 plus in the matching orange case.

Jeep Wranglers somehow manage to be both chick cars and rugged dude cars. Gender neutral!

Lol I've had 3 wranglers, 3 old Pontiac fieros, and a pick up. Now in a sentra.....hmmm
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

My wife bought this last year, so it's got to be a chick car.
    image.jpeg
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Heidi has the idea...

But this for me...image.jpg

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Abby Kae View Post
    Oh. My. God! The car!

(All joking aside, I've always loved zippy little cars.)
    I just purchased a 2016 Miata, that are indeed girl cars, and it's very zippy. Even has pink trim in the interior.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

That beetle with the thong has me in stiches!

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I've owned two Miatas. Love them... but Abby, I think you're too tall; you might have trouble being comfortable in one. :-D

I must recommend a Kia Soul for a chick car. It's cute, and lordy lordy, hamsters sell it!