Thread: Well,,, this is a pleasant surprise.

Well,,, this is a pleasant surprise.

I have been happily married for over 23 years. My wife has known about my clothing preferences all along, and has been very supportive. She has had only one condition. That I keep things private. This is a condition I have followed ever since we met one another. Yesterday we were talking about her watching "Call me Caitlyn". She suddenly asked me if I ever wanted to any of the CD weekend outings. I was honest, and said I liked the idea, but had never thought much of it due to our deal. She stopped a moment, and said that this was something she was now willing to consider. Wow. I may get to go out and play. maybe next years Saugatuck weekend...

Silver Member
    That's a beautiful story! So many on this site advise us to respect our SO's requests and progress at the pace she is comfortable with. Yours is a perfect example of the good that comes from it. Congratulations!

Banned Read only
    Wow Kimmy, awesome girl! I started a thread 'What has CJ done for YOU'...I'm a fan of CJ myself, she's done a LOT for me as well ☺

So happy for you, go have some fun! Solo or with her? I've thought it would be neat to go out as girls with the wife, but... probably wouldn't be supportive haha.

Hoping things move forward

that is great, so pleased for you.

I also feel that if people had the will and skills to process-out the resistance, it might take only months not 23 years to get to the same point. I feel sad for all the rich experience you could have had together, and maybe in hindsight realise that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    May I quote u? When folks ask what Caitlyn has done for our "community", I'll have an answer for them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This is awesome to read

Platinum Member
    Hi Kimmy, That's wonderful I keep waiting but I really don't think that it's going to happen for me.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kimmy,

That is good news indeed.

Cheers

Isha

Kimmy, I hope that your wife's revelation allows you to head out and play.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My wife is also very concerned about "privacy." So good to hear that your wife is finally willing to expand her acceptance with you.

Karen
    Last edited by Karen RHT; 09-26-2015 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    I also feel that if people had the will and skills to process-out the resistance, it might take only months not 23 years to get to the same point.
    Great way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by rockhyde View Post
    So happy for you, go have some fun! Solo or with her? I've thought it would be neat to go out as girls with the wife, but... probably wouldn't be supportive haha.
    We go everywhere together. This would be a joint adventure. I even mentioned that she may be able to wear some of her fancier dresses if there is a dance/ball/prom event.

Banned Read only
    I'd settle for sitting on one of our swing sets in our backyard en femme with my wife next to me. Sometimes I think about the week long conference held every year for cross dressers in Port Angeles, WA and the fun the girls have and the acceptance of most of the town. My wife and I stayed at the same hotel years ago when I was there on business for a week.

Just don't push to hard. Play cool. Best wishes to you both.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Reality Check
    My wife and I have the same "privacy" condition. It's mutual, I don't want to be known as "the tranny down the street". It's great that your wife is considering your going out in public dressed (I assume away from your home town). Will she be going with you?

In any event, be sure to let her know how much you love her and appreciate her understanding.

That is the agreement my wife and I have. She wants me to be Mach man in front of all the friends and kids. She sometimes enjoys me dressing with her also, for play around the house. As big and burly as I am though I'm afraid I'd really embarrass her if we ever went out together. It would have to be in a large town around us but at least four hours away and would have to be something other CDs were at.