Thread: " OH ! " What A WONDERFUL Wife

" OH ! " What A WONDERFUL Wife

First of all I'd like to say I'm sorry for staying in the back ground and lurking for so
    long. I have been trying to learn for myself about myself if that makes sense but am
    coming to understand more every day. Reading about all the comming out stories, good
    and bad thinking mine would be all bad. BUT!
    A little background about me I just turned 31 for the second time and have been
    drssing a little on and off for close to 50 years or more a little stich here and there. In
    the last fue years been leaning more to full dressing and liking it more every time that I do.
    Well on the 4th of July my wife of 42 years found out (talk about FIREWORKS on the 4th).
    Well to make a long story short we've been to counseling and she is comming to point of acceptance not totaly supportive but accepting that it is a part of me. A fue weeks ago I'm in
    the fog and go buy a nightgown, and then I told her about getting it and how mutch I enjoy wearing it. She lets me wear it and has nothing to say about it but I try not to wear it too
    often, mostly in the mornings have even worn it to bed once! Then in the
    fog again wile shopping for new tennis shoes at Pay Less I saw a pair of marry janes with
    3 inch heals and totally amazed at how well they fit (13w) ,yes I bought them (well who
    wouldn't 2nd pair 1/2 off). After telling her she asked to see them so I put them on and
    showed her she admired the smile that they put on my face said that I hadn't smiled like
    that in years!
    Now a fue days ago she had a put a skirt my dresser I asked her about it this morning
    she said it did not fit and was going to give to Good Will. I said I thought she might have
    put it there for me. Well she said I could have it if i wanted.
    So here I set typing all this with my heals on and wearing a long palsy print skirt need to get a top to go with it LUCKY ME,LUCKY ME! I'm not trying to be boastful here but trying to say that true LOVE can prevail when given a chance! I wish this good will to all and say that there is good to be had.

PS: I have told her about my little stash but she has not asked to see any of it (YET!) I have hung the little I have in the closet not hiding it anymore.

PS PS: Going to Pay Less for work shoes today who knows what I might find?

I LOVE MY WIFE
    Lets all enjoy what we do

That is a wonderful post!
    "Normal is just an illusion, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Addams

Glad things are working out

Leona, really x really glad that your wife understands your need to dress. That is such a blessing. Have fun & enjoy the peace of being en femme.

Leona, that's great. Don't push too hard, she may have good days with it and may stop it for a while. Sometimes they are on/off with us dressing. But since you had counseling, she has to come in slowly. She loves you and make it fun with her and communicate a lot. Oh my, Payless shoes, you will find a many good heels there. They are like jewels to us. Have fun on your quest.
    Part Time Girl

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Congratulations Leona, and all the best to you and your wife!!!
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

Banned Read only
    Nice post of acceptance. I think your wife of forty plus years knows who you are. Yes, I suspect counseling gave her some information that you are not all those negative things people think about cross dressing. You're just the same guy who happens to wear woman's clothing on occasion. Take the advice and don't speed down the road and throw too much at once at your wife. I think it can be overwhelming.

Decades ago my wife found me getting a drink of water in the kitchen in one of her nightgowns. "???" I told her I liked the feel of the nylon. That is very true. I had bought the nightgown for her as a present and at that time I had no idea about women's sizing. She was petite, and, I got her a misses size. We did go shopping for nightgowns for myself. Over time I ended up with a black floor length gown, a pink peignoir, and, a red peignoir. I still have the pink peignoir and her white gown still hangs in the back of the closet. After a while she became overwhelmed as my cross dressing attire grew. It all ended it DADT. So, don't push it! Make sure she keeps her man.

you do have a very sweet wife and she does seem like she's trying to be supportive.
    go slowly as not to scare her but do try and push the envelope. maybe make a big deal about the skirt and tell her
    how happy it made you and just maybe she will start giving you more clothes...
    wishing you the best...
    paula

Leona: I echo the other cautions about going slow. You have a unique thing with your wife starting to support your crossdressing. Take it slow and involve her as much as she is comfortable with. I'm also 60+ and married for 40+ years and only started wearing women's clothes about two years ago with my wife's knowledge. Her support has been magnificent but she still has her times when she needs her "man" around. My crossdressing started small but became a flood! I've had to slow down myself so I don't overwhelm us both.

Wishing you many years of dressing in a way that pleases you and expresses who you are!
    Gypsy.

Congratulations Leona, keep respectful, don't overdo it, and all should be well.
    xxx Pamela
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Wonderful! Lucky girl

It's amazing the little things that my wife will do that makes me feel so much better about dressing. Sometimes just a funny comment or when she brings me home a surprise while she's out shopping. Just remember what everyone else has emphasized and to keep it slow and don't overwhelm her.

great story...glad it is working out, but as at least one other has cautioned, SO's have good days and bad days..enjoy your richness

Its just living proof that if a relationship is strong you could always find a place were both parties are happy. Give and take, you both win,I loved reading your post, puts alight on the future. Enjoy!!!

Congrats on being able to dress more freely. Hopefully your counseling will bring you two closer in a lot of ways and not just dressing.

nice....i love my wife as well and her recent offer to me that if i wanted to be 100% full on, we could live as two women.

now that is support, and i love her for it

Hi Leona,

Wow 41 years of marriage -- sounds like you both have a lifetime of things to hold you together. I'm sounding like a broken record, but yes, take it slow.

But I'm jealous -- where did you find that magic pill to turn 31 again???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

my girlfriend would never accept this for me

Platinum Member
    Hi Leona, Now that the ball is in her court now just be careful and don't overwhelm her with this program.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!