Thread: helping others with their discomfort over CD'ing

helping others with their discomfort over CD'ing

Last night i visited my closest, old friend, he knows about the CD and is okay with "whatever floats my boat", only this time his wife was there.

She didn't mention my clothing, so after a bit i brought it up (me: "you didn't mention the monkey in the room", her: "you mean the elephant").
    She came out that she would have a real problem if my friend cross-dressed. She relaxed a lot when I admired some gorgeous ladies on their TV (the old "CD so must be gay" cliche nicely done away with), and even admired my toenails later on.

By just talking about it, being just me, the unusualness normalised. I had dressed very consevatively for me beforehand (all in black, no pink in sight), but I do wonder if a little bit of pacing their reality and that the sky has not just fallen in, will help, and help all of us, if we all do the little things that shift public perception.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations on taking such a big step. Did she already know about you or was it a big surprise? There are so many possibilities behind her reactions, but look for the positive ones, take baby steps and hopefully she will be one of your biggest supporters in the not too distant future.

Veronica

I thought he'd have told her, and from her look at the start, he had. I think if I'd said nothing that would have been worse, and I hope she will, tho to be sure she's very mainstream in her world view.
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Did you mention to her that your preferred colours are pink and purple, and that you wore black that night for fear of starting a stampede?
    I used to have a short attention spa

No Nikki I did not, a step too far for the first time methinks. Getting the multicoloured toenails admired was definitely good progress.

Another step in letting the world know we are all just normal people.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Normal might be too strong of a word to describe us, but that we are not perverted sexual deviants or deranged psychos is definitely a good thing.

Sounds like a successful evening. Sometimes the best approach to effecting change is one person at a time. Well done!

Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.

Well done Pamela. Another small step for CD-kind!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!