Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for the right venue to CD

Hi Sara. I agree and do greatly appreciate your feedback and advice. Insight from those who have been where I am is so appreciated very much.
    There is a lot to figure out and understand. Not sure yet where I will even get the courage to try all this. But the weekend away thought, I agree, what we were looking for was somewhere to go for a long weekend where it could give us / me the opportunity to visit / experience the whole thing maybe by a night out to the right place, such as dinner, shopping or some of the other ideas everyone has offered. We also tend to travel and rent private houses / villas, cant truly afford it but we do any way, ya only live once right and we enjoy the privacy it brings. So our thought was I would be able to dress go out for whatever the occasion and come back without having to worry about other seeing me in dress one day and out of dress the next. I think a night out for a couple hours for the first time around is going to be more than enough to take in.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Michelle, this sounds like something very much worth looking into and maybe exactly what I / we are looking for. We really know nothing about the public side of crossdressing and what appears to be very wonderful community that's supports those who do . I am just looking for guidance, education etc to try to help myself understand this more and make it a great experience at the level that is right for me and us. Lets face it it may turn out that I won't even like being out in public, well from a standpoint of being too self conscious anyway.
    My wife and i have experimented at home for many years now, She to some extent has urged inquiring about this more than I have as she feels like I may be missing out and doesn't want me to regret not at least learning about the more public side and experiencing it. She knows it is something I struggle with immensely. As one day I want to be shoe shopping and the next I am working on the restoration of a classic car or doing a major renovation project at our house.
    We both believe that digging into the experience more might help us both better understand it, and bring a new twist of fun to our lives.
    I will definitely look into TGNorth and possible even Clare. Thanks Much for the info , it is all greatly appreciated !!

Hi Riki,

I know you have a ton of suggestions on this thread but let me add a few to consider. I lived in Boston for a number of years (just recently moved away) and found the downtown area to be very accepting. But it can be somewhat intimidating for a first time outing as it can be very busy. Let me suggest you might first try a hotel and get dressed and go down to the lobby bar with your wife and have drinks and dinner. This would be fine in many if not all down town hotels, but I can suggest a less traveled venue (unless they have a conference going on so would be good to check on). It is the Westin Waltham hotel. They were the host site for the First Event last year and are very accepting of TG people. It is generally very quiet and would be much less intimidating for you two. But beware there is nothing near by to walk to and not a lot to drive to close by.

If you do want to be more in the action then head downtown, the major hotels are well trained on dealing with TG individuals. Here are a couple of restaurants we went to quite frequently (my wife and I) and were warmly accepted by the staff and the wait staff was especially nice and attentive:

Red Lantern
    Post 390

Good luck and have fun!

Your situation is quite similar to my own, except that I don't have any children. My family and professional life would likely both be destroyed if word got out, yet I an overwhelming desire to go out. I am not into the bar/club scene. My first ventures out were to the post office at night where I could practice walking in heels outside of my house, which as others have stated, is very different than inside. On a couple of rare occasions, I convinced my wife to attend a late night movie with me, but my first real outing was to see Penn and Teller in Las Vegas. It was a great night, but I was so stressed and self conscious that I didn't enjoy the experience as much as I should have. Two weeks later, I pleaded with my wife to let me get a makeover at MAC before we returned from our vacation. That day was the best! After my makeover, we went shopping, returned to MAC for a makeover for my wife, then we went to dinner at a mainstream restaurant, followed by a movie. By the end of the night, as much as I didn't want to take off my makeup, I couldn't wait to get my high heeled boots off! Since then, I have been to the local MAC store(it is an hour and a half away) probably 4-5 times, always followed by dinner and a movie, and an occasional brief shopping trip. My absolute favorite part of the day is sitting in the makeup chair like a normal lady and having a skilled artist transform my ugly male face into a semi-attractive woman.

Hope this helps!
    Miranda

i hear ya...i lived in NY and there was plenty but not much in DFW where i have settled....
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

A few people mentioned Provincetown, and I second that.

How about Fantasia Fair

http://fantasiafair.org/

It's coming up real soon

October 18 through October 25, 2015

In fact, it may be too late to get a room

But, there's a lot of good info on where to stay, and what to do.

Just remember that P-town pretty much shuts down after Fantasia Fair
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    How about the ladies room? Hey, if yah gotta go, yah gotta go, right!

(I've heard Tycho Brahe died from a ruptured bladder because it was impolite to step away from the dinner table 😵 )

Silver Member
    Riki - You should check out Beauty and the Beach - a crossdresser event at Rehoboth Beach, DE. It is a 3, 4, 5 or 6 day event which is totally social - a CD vacation. You can spend you entire time within the hotel or venture out into the local town which is very CD-friendly.

Check out Northampton MA. All kinds of folks from all walks of life and they seem to all get along just fine.

http://www.explorenorthampton.com

http://www.explorenorthampton.com/lgbt/

I have been to Provincetown for a week on several occasions. I am going to Fantasia Fair tomorrow. However, in any week of the year one can go to P-town and feel really comfortable in any venue. People are exceptionally friendly and accepting. When I go at non-fair times, I visit the art galleries, go biking, eat at one of the many great restaurants, dance the night away at the A-House, and everyone is friendly and seems to enjoy my being there. Even if you do not completely pass you will have an exceptionally accepting environment and feel comfortable. Just do it, the only thing to fear is fear itself.

well my wife an i are planning to go to jaques cabaret on boston this friday with me in femme ive been there in femme an not its a fantasic show and a very friendly vemue