Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing for a drag themed party?

Thanks for the advice everyone!!!
    I think you have given me the confidence to just go for it! I've heard that some of the guys are going to quite a lot of effort, I'll be upset if I get upstaged now so I have to go all in!

I want to get a wig that's a bit more out there but there is so much to choose from I'm struggling I'm sure I'll find something though.

When in Rome...
    The theme of the party is Drag! So... Go with the theme and enjoy yourself. Go for the biggest hai you can muster, and the most flamboyant makeup, and more sequins per square inch than all of the GGs put together!

Reality Check
    This is the same question that comes up every year at Halloween.

You are a crossdresser, and experienced crossdresser with breast forms, a decent wig, shoes and clothes that fit you well, jewelry, etc. and you've probably put some effort into how to look and act like a woman. This sets you apart from the average guy who may have only dressed in women's clothes once or twice in his life. The rest of the guys will be wearing rolled up socks for breasts, their clothes won't fit right, their wigs will be $10 costume wigs and if they even wear heels, they won't fit and they won't know how to walk in them.

If you walk I presenting as I assume you know how to present, many folks will know that this is far from the first time you have dressed as a woman. Some may even ask you.

The question is personal - Do you care? You may care or you may not care. Me, I couldn't have fun at a party like this because I couldn't really do my best, I would have to use the socks, buy a crappy wig, etc. and that wouldn't be fun.

Give it 100% if you want, but understand that you are outing yourself.

Just do an over the top version of your normal look. Truth be told, most guys won't know the difference between a cheap dress/wig/etc. and an expensive one. You can still look good and convincing if a bit trashy - no problem. Imagine how you would feel if one of the other guys upstaged you!