Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there times when you don't feel like dressing up ?

Aspiring Member

Are there times when you don't feel like dressing up ?

Given any opportunity, I CD whenever I can.

However, last week I was sick, sore throat, hacking phelmy cough, runny nose, achy and tired. No matter what I did to psyche myself up, I just did not feel like dressing up at all, despite having 2 days off from work. All I did was wear my ragged jammies and curl up in bed.
    Last edited by wendy; 10-03-2015 at 04:10 PM.

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar
    It depends what you mean by 'dressing up'.

Most people, men or women, just dress in simple but comfortably clothes when they are ill.

I wear very simple clothes when I'm sick but don't 'dress up' anymore these days.

Love,
    S
    "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me" - Ayn Rand

When sick ., it is understandable not to want to do anything, but sleep.

I don't think there are ever times where it feels wrong to me, but on some occasions, I have had the opportunity and not taken it. Typically I get home a couple of hours earlier from work than my wife does, and that is when I dress most often. Occasionally I may just be tired or irritable and just don't bother. On my less frequent but occasions where I have the whole day, I may dress earlier, then maybe have to go to the store so I will change into men's clothing, when getting back I may or may not change back into women's clothing.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Lately I've been dressing down a lot, when I'm tired I just put on comfortable pajama pants, men or womens. There are times I don't fell like dressing, laziness or I just really don't care what colour/style my clothes are.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Do you mean not feeling like fully dressing up?
    I’ve had opportunities before to fully dress up but just didn’t feel like it.
    But rarely ever will I pass up some time to just wear some pantyhose, heels, and a skirt when no one else is home.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Lately I've been busy doing something else like playing video games with friends and so I don't feel having any urge dressing up much. Even when I got some time alone I still found myself doing something else. CDressing is more like just another hobby for me now and I would do it if I have time and feel want to do so in mixing with other hobbies.

- Bonnie

I usually dress on my days off but in the past I have forgone these moments that I have for myself because they will sometimes fall in the middle of a week of dysphoria. Dressing usually helps calm me when I get in those mods but sometimes the mirror will only show me a man in a dress and that makes things worse. That's the only time I'll pass up an opportunity to dress, when the mirror shows the truth of how I look rather than how I feel.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."
    Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

i do not dress up a lot but panties ... yes. Usually the only thing that feels good with me When I am sick.

Depends on what you mean by dressing up, I very rarely go the whole 9 yards anymore, since going FT, "dressing" has gotten easier and ultimately simpler at the same time, as it depends on what I'm doing at the time.

Banned Read only
    During the week it's usually into early afternoon before I have the chance to do anything. Some days it's just not worth the time to put on makeup for just a few hours. Or change outfits just to sit around the house.

Platinum Member
    Hi Wendy, Some Evenings I'm just too tired to dress like tonight
    just browsing the forum En-Drab.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

the last few weeks I haven't really felt like dressing too much. Been busier since college classes started again

I go through phases all the time. Sometimes it's intense like every available/possible minute of the day to nothing for a few...

There are certainly times when I don't feel like dressing, or even after being dressed for hours on end throughout the day, I just change or tone down. Always underdressed, but that is by design, only have a few pair of male underwear for Dr.'s appt's and such. So I think the simple answer is yes.

Charlotte

I had 3 days off work with the wife out of town. I was so exhausted I couldn't muster the energy to change to girl mode.

depends if you count make-up as part of dressing. that's the main time hassle / inconvenience. skin and nails both need a break from make-up anyway.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Wendy,
    Even when feeling under the weather with there's nothing nicer than curling up in bed in a soft nightie, it's like taking a soothing tonic !

Oh yeah, for sure! Weekends are the only days I really have time to dress full femme. And usually I just crave the weekend all week, looking forward to Saturday morning so I can do it. But yesterday I woke up with a headache and I just didn't feel too great. Like you, I more or less just layed around in my leggings and a t-shirt all day. I kept thinking 'jeeze, I gotta get up and get dressed up', but then I thought, no, I'm not feeling good and this shouldn't be something I have to force myself to do. If I don't feel like it I won't bother. Now, this morning, I'm feeling better, but it's cold in the house and I am still feeling a bit lazy. I'm going to put on makeup and my hair, but I think I'm just going to wear leggings and a hoodie and just lounge around... I'm feeling the need to dress to the nines less and less.

I have had a few RARE occasions where I didn't want to get dressed up.
    but I have to be VERY sick. even if not feeling well. still prefer to be dressed up.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I'd have to say yes. Most of the week it's bra and panties in the mornings before work(sometimes just a bra and tidy whities) Weekends vary sometimes it's all out others it's just throw something on for awhile and that's my fix for the week.

Oh sure. I tend to binge dress. My opportunities to really get dressed up are rare, so for the most part, I take advantage of them. But, even so, after a while, particularly if I have some kind of project going on, my mind turns to that and I find myself dressing less.

Yes times such as family functions, social get togethers or time spent with my GF. CDing is usually the farthest thing from my mind at those times. Even so my GF goes to the club with me sometimes as she knows I really enjoy a night of dancing en femme. These days to me dressing is a nice to have rather than a necessity.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If I'm sick like you described, it's 50/50 as to whether I'll do anything beyond panties and something soft and fleecy. As I start to feel better, I'll almost always want to put on my forms, possibly add a bra or well fitting cami, and then just comfortable sweats or similar loose clothes. As I feel better still I may do my nails and add lipstick. A wig? When I'm not feeling well and laying around a lot, a wig will usually stay on the shelf. But no matter how I feel, my mind is thinking and feeling femme.

YMMD.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

It is many years since I last felt like that.

I dress all the time when I am not working.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.