Thread: Training- cheap charm school:

Training- cheap charm school:

This may strike a few of you as a bit odd- or perhaps not. Most of us would like to train ourselves to be more feminine- act a bit more ladylike- appear a bit less man-ish (to borrow a term from Austin Powers).

One of the best bits of advice in general I have found is to keep one’s elbows as close to the waist as possible as much as practical. This to me seems to wrok quite well.

The second- lower level correlation- is to keep one’s knee’s together as much as possible/practical.

Well, when I am down in the den, a pretty gender neutral den if I say so myself, writing as I am now, I do tend to splay my legs like a guy, regardless if I am wearing a tight skirt, full skirt, or even female pants/jeans.

So one thing I have come up with to correct this is… electrical tape. The plastic stretches- and it is not so strong as to really restrict- unless one decides to use a bunch of layers.

3-5 wraps around the mid to lower thigh, or as covered by whatever skirt you are wearing- helps keep this feminine posture. Cut it off, break it off, whatever you need if it is a problem. Electrical tape is not so sticky that it will bind permanently.

It is quite inexpensive as raw material goes, for how much you need.

It comes in lots of colors too.

It can be reused.

It can be discreet , or rather restrictive- as you choose.

It can be easily hidden under a skirt, or displayed as a statement.

Just a little idea for those who want to walk less “man-ish”… take it or leave it or adapt it and make it your own.

It helps me to learn to walk and maneuver with a bit more grace or restraint…

Does anyone else have any tips, ideas, tricks, suggestions?

MacGyver uses duct tape to fix stuff. Female MacGyvers use electrical tape. Works for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I found when walking, pointing my toes inward helps that walk look more fem. Rather than looking like a gunslinger in a dress walking down the street at high noon.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Platinum Member
    Hi Kristi, Make videos of yourself and you can see what you need to work on.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Funny you brought this up, I was out yesterday driving in traffic en femme and I kept doing the splayed thing. I may have to try this.

Reality Check
    Electric tape comes in several colors if this matters. You may have to go to an electrical supply house to find it. The colors are used for identifying wires.

I've noticed a couple of things:
    if you do have to run en-femme, kick you feet out to the side as they go back, and copy how women's arms flail a bit also as they run
    walk on tip toes even in flats, and place one foot in front of the other walking, its to keep balance on heels but it also makes the wiggle
    dont overdo/exaggerate movements, keep them subtle, less is more
    don't engage in eye-contact walking especially with men, is okay with women
    dress to blend / match - looking good is better than ott
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I would say stand straight and place your feet almost in front of each other when walking in heels. I observed normal women walking and they try to place their feet almost normally when they walk in heels. I asked about that and the answers I got was that they were not on a models runway. They walk so that they would not fall. So it's not a balance thing. However if you walk one foot in front of the other you will be noticed as most do not use that technique. But those who do have that great hip sway and I've seen a few of those. Probably trans lady's walking LOL.
    Part Time Girl

Curiously, way back in my young teens, I heard a reference (spoken by a friend of my parents) that she had threatened her daughter with what she called a "training band" to make her keep her legs together in a "more lady-like" way. From what I could understand (I was not supposed to be listening!) this would be a band of elastic worn around the thighs, allowing the girl to walk but tight enough to remind her not to splay her legs. I don't know whether she carried out the threat. She went on to say that her elder daughter wore a girdle and that made her keep legs together - so perhaps that's another way of dealing with the problem.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Electric tape comes in several colors if this matters. You may have to go to an electrical supply house to find it. The colors are used for identifying wires.
    Then mine will have to be red from the old UK standard for live, very live I think, but the wife has a better handle on that...if you will.

As I read this post, I'm sat in front of my screens in bob mode, left hand in the top (and ONLY the top) of my jog bottoms with legs akimbo. The trouble is, I fall into this category of guy behaviour even when dressed too.

Maybe I can set up a training aid, a sensor on each knee wired to my nether regions, to give a small electrical charge when the knees hit two inches apart. This could be adjusted so that those that actually enjoy this kind of training, can set their own distance and power settings. Set to stun Mr Spock.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    seems like a lot of work to just remind yourself to not show your junk
    When you look at it in the cold light of day it is.

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 09-30-2015 at 02:46 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

seems like a lot of work to just remind yourself to not show your junk
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    I've noticed a couple of things:
    if you do have to run en-femme, kick you feet out to the side as they go back, and copy how women's arms flail a bit also as they run
    Do you mean kinda like this?

That is something I will DEFINITELY have to practice.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krististeph View Post

The second- lower level correlation- is to keep one’s knee’s together as much as possible/practical.

Well, when I am down in the den, a pretty gender neutral den if I say so myself, writing as I am now, I do tend to splay my legs like a guy, regardless if I am wearing a tight skirt, full skirt, or even female pants/jeans.

So one thing I have come up with to correct this is… electrical tape. The plastic stretches- and it is not so strong as to really restrict- unless one decides to use a bunch of layers.

Or you can just keep your knees together. It doesn't take any muscle effort at all. It does take some thought but when I am in a dress or skirt, it's on my mind already...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Or you can just keep your knees together.
    And this is my problem- I find myself forgetting. So it's really a mental problem I guess, which any of the moderators here will attest to... (hey- be nice now...)

As far as electrical tape and colors go- tape is not supposed to be the indicator but is sometimes used- especially when getting into industrial wiring.

but for the record:

The Live/Hot/Phase/Ungrounded conductor can be
    yellow; orange;red; blue; purple; brown; black; (and yes, pink too!).

The Common/Return/Neutral/grounded conductor is allowed to be white,
    grey, or any color other than green with 3 white stripes running the entire length of the insulation. This is rarely seen, but 3 white circles of tape at each end of a conductor, while technically not to code, clearly communicates a conductor has been identified as the common/return/neutral/grounded conductor.

Green, Green with a yellowstripe, or bare metal are the acceptable colors for the Equipment Grounding Conductor- EGC- often called the ground wire or chassis ground, or 'protective earth'- PE.

No, there will not be a test on this.

Also makes a nice quick Goth choker necklace... so many uses... I'm starting to feel like the Sham-Wow guy...
    Last edited by Krististeph; 10-08-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aBoyNamedSue View Post
    Do you mean kind of like this?

That is something I will DEFINITELY have to practice.

Hilarious.
    I love pop culture references: Friends, Python, South Park, Star Trek, even Rawhide!...

Funny isn't it Krististeph.
    This thread has done wonders for my walk. Particularly Jennifer's tip about keeping your knees together because when I've tried practicing the catwalk-model's walk I usually end up looking like someone who has some sort of physical disability. Knees together allows my feet to not have to walk the straight line or across each other with each step so it looks more natural and not like a CD exaggerating a girl's walk.

The keeping your elbows in tip was great as well. It's changed my walk considerably and helped me make an observation about elbows and shoulders recently when watching a younger married couple walking together. What I noticed was when the man walked (and it was slight) his shoulders would kind of go up and down almost like a seesaw with the fulcrum being where his neck is and his elbows tended to swing out a bit.

When the young woman walked her shoulders tended to move forward and backward slightly and her elbows didn't go any further out than just a couple of inches from her waist but on the back motion her elbow followed the curve of her torso toward her spine.

It was fascinating to watch although I think the guy thought I was either catatonic or in need of a good ass whuppin'.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Reality Check
    The real question is, why do (most) women walk differently than most men? Is it because they subconsciously have been watching other women walk all their lives and we have been watching men? Thinking this is how we are supposed to walk?

Ever notice how some gay men walk like women? Is this on purpose or is it natural? One of my wife's nieces has come out as a lesbian. I watched her grow up. She used to walk like a girl, now she walks like a man. Is she intentionally doing this or is it natural, now that she is not trying to attract men?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    The real question is, why do (most) women walk differently than most men?
    We're built differently. http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html

Is it because they subconsciously have been watching other women walk all their lives and we have been watching men? Thinking this is how we are supposed to walk?
    NO.
    Ever notice how some gay men walk like women? Is this on purpose or is it natural?
    It's on purpose.
    One of my wife's nieces has come out as a lesbian. I watched her grow up. She used to walk like a girl, now she walks like a man. Is she intentionally doing this or is it natural, now that she is not trying to attract men?
    She's intentionally doing it.

Hope this helps.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.