Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing for halloween?

haha, I love these situations..... The problem is the better you make yourself look then the more likely someone is to say Hmmmm, theres something up with Billie Bob.... He's enjoying himself too much!
    If its a shitty wig with a bad dress from Value Village then nobody says a thing so its a double edge sword!
    Too bad you didn't live near me there are tons of October parties not just the 31st! LOL

Cheers

Dressing at a Halloween party used to be an adrenaline "boost" years ago....but not anymore. Dressing is not a costume for me. It's part of who I really am.

Im gonna try a game of trones character....i would lĂ*ke to be a bravo's girl! Or cecci. Lol

I have dressed en-fem, or in a ladie's costume every year for about 8 years now. I work on costumes,from concept to collection of pieces for most of the year. I begin in April usually. In other words I do my damdest to look as good as I can. Now I know that only stupid people would have missed that I enjoy this very much, and would not have guesed that I crossdress. Mybfriendscare not stupid, and they are still my friends. Anyone else's opinion is inconsiquential and of no concern to me. If your profession or business wont be harmed. Then go for it.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sophie,

Well as you can see this question gets asked every year and for the most part the camp is divided along a couple of lines: (1) Just do it and enjoy and; (2) you'll inadvertently out yourself.

There is argument for both but it comes down to how you feel about it. Is it possible that if you dress up as a woman for Halloween you will draw attention and people will go "Hmm . . . I think that guy is a cross dresser because his make-up is too good". Possible but then it comes down to whether you care or not what other people think. If you are not concerned then in my opinion do what you want and let the naysayers stick to their Batman and Cowboy costumes. If you want to mitigate any quizzical awkwardness come up with a background story "It was a bet with your SO you lost and, she got to pick the costume theme". Will that still raise an eyebrow or two? Possible again but if your SO will act as your trusted agent and support that statement then it might mitigate the raised eyebrow. Again it has to do with your comfort level.

IMHO I believe most people will just get on with the night and enjoy themselves. Pictures will get taken and it might get brought up again but I doubt will become the wildfire Facebook scandal of the year.

If you are not comfortable with others assuming then you could do the outlandish/garish approach but it might not give you what you are looking for. However, if you want to mix reality with Halloween . . . try a Zombie girl. It doesn't have to be too Zombie horror and again you can always say it was a bet you lost so long as your SO is going to support.

My two cents.

Cheers

Marcelle

I wrote on a similar thread that if you go through the trouble to dress up pretty, you're going to raise questions. Few normal straight men would be caught dead dressed up as a girl. It's just not considered appropriate for men to do so, nor is there any reason for us to. Especially the underwear; at least if you take on a female role or something as an act, the outerwear could be considered a costume. But as your underwear shouldn't be visible, wearing panties is pretty clearly a sign of wanting to dress up as a female for some other purpose. I mean you can always profess to everyone that you're doing it for fun or 'just to see what it's like', but you're not really fooling anyone other than yourself if you do that. Don't get me wrong; I certainly don't have any problem with it; but the rest of the world isn't going to buy the idea that you're 'perfectly straight' if you show up all dolled up with make up, foundation garments, stockings and heels, trying to adjust your speech and body mechanics into stereotypical female ones etc..
    The best you could hope to tell them is that you're perfectly 'straight up with a twist'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Wink I'm a closet CD who can only pass on Halloween. I won't miss that chance!

However, that requires dressing the way a pretty woman would/does on Halloween. In a sexy female costume!

I would NEVER consider dressing this way in front of friends or family at a near by private party. So, I attend large public functions where I'm not likely to run into anyone that knows me. Because I'm so old, none of my vanilla/business friends visit bars, clubs, or Halloween events! And, even if one did? They'd NEVER make me!

Because, I wear masks! If u want to REALLY ROCK a female look on Halloween? Wear one so u r not likely be recognized! Even a small eye mask mite work.

Here I am getting ready to visit a big bar bash on Halloween last year. Do u see a 70 y/o man here? Neither did most people!
    IMG_5262 (583x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm strongly considering crossdressing in one of my southern belle dresses at a friend's family party. All my friends know I do this and have seen my outfits, the friend's family are open minded and have had another crossdress at their party before, so they don't mind it one bit. I've worn crazy outfits at their parties in the past so I doubt anybody who's seen me there before will think too much of it. The only thing I don't have to complete the outfit is makeup, as I have never tried for it. I am thinking about getting some lipstick before this as I don't mind if people find out that I'm a CD.

Should be a good time!

For sure. Did it last year and the result was actually pretty good considering I had no idea what the hell I was doing.
    Stepping it up a notch this year though as I have a professional makeover booked and thanks to the tips I've received here, I'm hoping for a transformation unlike any other I have been part of before.
    Can't wait, it's going to be fun. The biggest trick will be keeping my intoxicated buddies from groping me as the night wears on as I could become one of those "2 at 10 and a 10 at 2"

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar
    I will be doing my "avatar" again except the New shoes 5 in heels in Fucia & apron,cap are Fucia also..
    (((HUGGS)))
    JoanAz

For those hesitant about going out Halloween can be a great chance to be seen dressed. Whether to dress as a character or simply as a woman is your choice, do what makes you feel good.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My wife and I went to a halloween party as Sonny and Cher. Won 250 bucks for best "costumes" ha! I think some folks thought I may be enjoying it a little to much, and I had some mannerism's down. I also never took my heels off - the other guys who were some sort of girl - there were maybe 2 others - all were half undone in about 20'. It's a good time and lets you enjoy being out in the world with minimal problems.