Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing for halloween?

Crossdressing for halloween?

This has almost definitely been asked before so apologies but could do with some advice. I am going to a Halloween party this year for the first time in forever and I have heard it said that Halloween is like Christmas for CDs so I thought I should take full advantage. I'm still very much in the closet and have never ventured out of my house but my SO, who is throwing the party, knows all about me and she has offered to help with make up etc.
    It is taking place at their house so nothing too public, but I will badly know anyone there

My questions for you ladies who have done it but don't want to be outed would be
    is it fun or just constantly nerve wreaking?
    Did you get any bad reactions or general awkwardness?
    And is it best to go for a female costume or just girl mode without a character in mind?

Xx

My wife knows I cross dress, but no one else does. Her sister is always suggesting that I dress as a woman because I have thin lady legs, as she calls them. I protest but I think she may have a theme this year. My wife has already asked me if I'm OK with dressing at a Halloween party. We'll see.
    Last edited by Joanne108; 10-06-2015 at 02:02 PM.

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    I've never been to a fancy dress Halloween party but I would love to, if I was I'd def go en femme but it'll have to be quite an outrageous outfit just to make it appear obvious that I'm not a CD but just a guy in drag having a laugh, for me something like a French maid, naughty school girl would be my choice for two reasons 1, I love to wear something like that ( outside everyone would think I was having a laugh but inside I'd feel great) and 2, if I was to go as a reg girl I think it may raise to many questions. That's just my opinion though I'm sure more experienced girls will offer there advice xxx

Aspiring Member
    About 15 years ago, I decided to dress to give out candy at the door to the trick or treaters. At the time, the only person who knew I was a CD was my wife. I wore a knit black dress, wig, heels, pantyhose, some simple makeup and full undergarments including breast forms. It was a rush, but as I am 6' 3", I was hardly passable. Most of the parents who showed up with little ones, had a laugh and complimented me on my "costume". Later in the evening, five teenagers, 4 boys and 1 girl showed up. The boys hooted and laughed and asked me if "they" were real. The girl sat down in a chair, and looked me up and down, while the boys were yucking it up, and then said to me "You should have shaved your legs". The next day I heard from quite a few neighbours that they had heard I was dressed like a lady and wished they had seen it. Some said that I should do it again next year.

So, emboldened by my success, the next year I did it again, wearing a white blouse and a skirt. This time my legs were shaved, and I tried to do a bit more with the makeup. A few neighbours asked if I was going to a party later that evening, but on the whole I received a lot less feedback. I began to wonder if I had tipped my hand a bit too far and was sending off vibes that I crossdressed. As it was still enjoyable to me, the third year I decided to try to make it a bit more of a costume, and wore a white lacy nightgown that was somewhat tattered from wear, and tried to make myself look like a down and out angel. One neighbour had brought along a camera to snap pictures of me, and I began to wonder what she was thinking and what she wanted the photos for. I was a bit unnerved by it and have not dressed for Halloween since. No more has been said by anyone about it, unlike the first year when everyone was asking me about it and wishing they had seen me.

To answer your questions, it is fun, but can get nerve wracking if crossdressing is your secret. It is best to make it more of a costume than a regular woman, unless that spoils the experience for you. The best advice might be to not do it every year, so as not to establish a pattern, and then on the odd occasion when you do dress and decide to go for the regular girl mode, it might not be so obvious that you actually do crossdress. I wouldn't say I got any bad reactions, but the lack of any surprised or enthusiastic responses on the second and third time, was surprisingly the most nerve wracking aspect for me.

Veronica

This is something I was thinking about today. I'm totally going to take the plunge this year. No idea what to go as yet.

My friend had aa cowboy themed fancy dress party last month and I went as a cow girl so I may be outing my self but ive got to the point where I dont really care

You should do what you think you'll have the most fun in.

I am getting married next April. One day at dinner, I suggested that I dress as the bride and she dress as the groom at the rehearsal dinner. At that moment, we had a good laugh and made all sorts of plans. The next morning at breakfast we started talking about it, paused, and she suggested that it might be too much for the guests and family. She is a beacon of wisdom. I think I would have done it.......Back to the subject, I was going to dress for Halloween, but commitments are getting in the way. If people can dress up as zombies, then I can be a lady!

I very much like the naughty school girl idea!

Banned Read only
    Sophie, this question has been asked and asked and asked. Probably the most popular question after "what color are your panties?"

Here's my take on this supposed CD holiday.

1) a "woman" is not a costume. So dressing as a typical woman would be a dead give away that you are a closet cross dresser
    2) men just don't dress up as woman so any form of costume would be a strong hint that you are a closet cross dresser
    3) dressed as an absurdly unrealistic woman, Monty Python-esque, would not draw cross dresser attention, but you would look hideous. Not the goal of most cross dressers.
    4) the "opposite" ploy with your wife, Bonnie & Clyde, pimp and street walker, football player and cheerleader, is a dead give away as mentioned in 2).

If you choose to look convincing, you WILL be thought of as a probable cross dresser by 100% of the people who see you. The only question for you to answer is, do you care? If not, go as Little Bo Peep or Wonder Woman if you like. Just don't do it blindly.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce P. View Post
    ... If people can dress up as zombies, then I can be a lady!
    Nope. It's different and you know it. The world is neither fair nor forgiving.
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 10-09-2015 at 11:39 AM.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I want to dress up as a witch for H'ween.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Well, I'm going to a Halloween party as a late 60's "Flower Child" - a hippie girl. Fully en-femme and wearing flower pattern bell bottom pants, a peasant blouse, a long fringed leather vest, brown leather women's boots with 3" heels, a headband with dangling feathers, and my long blond wig, round wire rimmed sunglasses with pink-tinted lenses, 60's themed buttons that say things like "Make Love, Not War" and "Peace", and carrying a bouquet of yellow wildflowers.

But the only people at the party who know me are ones I socialize with only as Ceera. Those friends don't even know the male version of me, though they do know that 'he' exists and that I'm transgender.

And while yes, my neighbors may well see me leaving the house Dressed, when I leave well before sunset, they get a chance to see that fairly often these days.

Today, for example, my daughter and I are going out to dinner at a restaurant and to listen to some of my musician friends performing there, and I'm going as Ceera. I'm out with her, and we go do things together fairly often, with me en-femme. I'll be wearing ladies jeans with fancy lace and embroidered decorations on the pockets and waistband, a blue blouse, and brown leather women's boots with 3" heels, with my usual long blond wig and makeup.

I don't personally care if the neighbors see me, even though I haven't explicitly told any of them about Ceera.

But I would NOT wear either outfit to a party thrown by the friends or family who have known me only as a male, and that I haven't come out to. That would definitely out me to them. Because when I'm Ceera, it's very clear that I'm quite comfortable being female. There is no way they would believe I was just doing it as a Halloween costume.

I agree with jennifer though I do like to use the holiday myself to go out and feel the wind as I like to call it. As CDs we surely don't want to go half assed about it and that is a sure sign that your enjoying it a bit too much, butch in a dress may give you a bit more cover story but your really not enjoying that at all. A costume may help more than just women's clothes but if your completely shaven, hose and heels ...again, it's a give away.

This part confused me though:

my SO, who is throwing the party, knows all about me and she has offered to help with make up etc.
    It is taking place at their house so nothing too public, but I will badly know anyone there

I assume "badly" meant "hardly" so in that case, who cares, dress any way you want and have fun BUT I am confused as to how your SO is hosting with the words "Their House" in there. Is she hosting it at someone else's house? if so I probably wouldn't.

The only way I ever see being at a party fully dressed is if someone had a "reverse halloween" party where everyone dressed opposite, boys to girls, giels to boys, and I have never heard of such a thing. Food for future thought LOL

If you just want to dress for the halloween, go find a park with few people in it and go for a nice walk. You get the experience of being outside, not being hassled, outted, or clocked plus it doesn't cost you much other than time
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 10-06-2015 at 04:43 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I will be going as Elvira. I have already bought the costume and excited. I don't know if anyone will accompany me to the party.

Anna

I was thinking as dressing up as a lady and going to a bar with my lady friends. Here in Costa Rica we don't wear costumes regularly, unless you go to an actual costume party, but bars actually forbid people with costumes to enter unless they are trowing a costume party there. So, I will somehow wear a "costume", you could say, but I'll actually be my femme self and period. I'll have a hard time, though, since I look very young and will have to show my credentials to buy drinks, but I'll see what I can do.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The only party I ever went enfemme to was a senior prom.
    Tech not a costume party but I was in costume.

I think if the Halloween costume is not too perfect, you can get away with it. Once! Repeat it within anyone's memory, and you're done.

Look for Matt Lauer's Halloween pictures

http://www.today.com/allday/what-dra...een-8C11504005

J. Lo

Paris Hilton

Pamela Anderson (Baywatch)
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Thats funny...I JUST recently did a blog article on this VERY Subject & using Halloween as the excuse to get OUT in Public as a crossdresser rather than making an excuse NOT to ..What will YOU do for Halloween ???
    http://sexycrossdressergurl.blogspot...ng-out-in.html

Reality Check
    Jennifer posted what I usually post so I won't repeat it. I'll just add that "normal" men don't have silicone breast forms and a fitted wig, fitted women's shoes, etc. You can't dress like you want to and not start people thinking that this isn't the first time you ever dressed as a woman.

As for dressing as a woman and staying home giving out candy to children, some folks in the neighborhood are going to find this creepy or worse.

If you feel compelled to dress as a female on Halloween, find a party with a costume theme where nobody will know you. A bar, nightclub, etc., preferably in another town. They may still peg you as a crossdresser but if they don't know you, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Sophie, this question has been asked and asked and asked. Probably the most popular question after "what color are your panties?"

If you choose to look convincing, you WILL be thought of as a probable cross dresser by 100% of the people who see you. The only question for you to answer is, do you care? If not, go as Little Bo Peep or Wonder Woman if you like. Just do do it blindly.

I disagree.

A few people saw me dressed as a woman on multiple Halloweens. When I finally came out to them a couple of years ago, some were completely surprised.

I thought they knew. In fact, I thought my sister had told them about Sarah before they even saw me dressed up.

If you dress as a woman for Halloween, some people will probably suspect you are a cd, others will not. This depends on them.

I say go for it and have a great time.

Here is the thing: If you don't do it, you will regret it on November 1. You will probably decide to do it next year.

If you are seriously thinking about doing it, then it's just a matter of time before you go through with it.

My first time out was at a good friend's (male) Halloween party. I went all out and had the greatest time. All the women wanted to know who did my makeup, what shade was that on my nails, what brand of stockings I was wearing and all that. I had so much attention from the ladies that the guys were all getting jealous.
    If you've never been out in public then take the opportunity. You have an accepting wife so enjoy the experience. Just go with the flow and if need be, when you are asked delicate questions camp it up a bit and they will never know the truth.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    for me dressing as a woman is no longer a costume, I dress up in a female character costume, iv'e been alice in wonderland, a french maid, a bride last year, got married on halloween, this year I'm gonna be Wednesday Addams. and I only wear a wig if it's a costume, otherwise I go out as a sexy bald chick.

Banned Read only
    I had a friend when I was younger who dressed up as a woman every Halloween and WOW could he (I say he because to this day I still don't think he's CD) pass...heck, stop a clock even...yah, looked so good he could stop CDers in the general vicinity from being clocked LOL.

Anyway, it was mannerisms that made everyone think, dude, awesome bit but CD, no way! He acted completely 'dude' but looked completely 'chic'...I guess it's true, it's all about the mannerisms, attitude, and confidence (in either direction)

I am dressing as skeleton bride. Fishnet stockings with bones showing. Same with the arms. Really cool outfit. My SO is dressing as a dark fairy with a really cool black halo. We are invited to an event near Austin and wow. I don't know how I will be accepted there. LOL I guess it will be interesting.
    Part Time Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce P. View Post
    If people can dress up as zombies, then I can be a lady!
    No, it doesn't work that way. There is no such thing as a closet zombie who doesn't wish to be outed on Halloween.

The first time I dressed for Halloween I wore a witch costume, with a full-length skirt, to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters. The parents all said things like "Oh, look what she gave you! Be sure to thank her!" And the little children said " Thank you, ma'am!" or "Mrs. Witch!" It was heaven on earth!
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 10-08-2015 at 06:56 PM.

i have crossdressed for halloween quite a few times hooker witch supergirl woman etc.always in public work a few times i work retail.Last year i went to a street festeval skirt heel hose wig the whole 9 yards i always have fun i get lots of complements about how good i look and people take pictures with me.Like Dr Phil says "you wouldn't worry about what people think of you when you realize how little they do."So crossdress and have fun and when there is a joke take it in stride and joke back.
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/