Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What look/feel do you go after?

What look/feel do you go after?

Ok, so recently I was an exhibitor at a marathon event sales expo (basically we sold stuff to runners who would be competing in a marathon..)
    Being a new girl and trying to find my bearings I have felt very self aware of the male form, particularly biceps, shoulders, hips, on top of the obvious facial characteristics. Needless to say i was feeling a little overwhelmed.

Anyhow, I was observing all of the gg's out there and noticing that a good many of the fitness types do have some hefty bicep and shoulder definition. It occurred to me that what made these gals most feminine was the confidence in femininity and the synergy of the hair/face/makeup. It made me realize that there is hope and I just need to focus on the things I have control over: confidence in femininity and hair/makeup (can't do much on the face, right???).

Altogether I walked away with boosted confidence, and realizing a look I can achieve. Not every person is the same, but I am a lean fellow, and think I can pull of the 'athletic' girl very well. I do look good in yoga pants and athletic T's. unfortunately my forms are too large for my frame... they are basically for a 36c and I am pretty darn slender... But that's another story for another day.

As a prompt, what kind of 'look' and 'feel' do you tend to gravitate towards?

Understated classic style, a little bit retro. Always a dress or skirt, always nylons, always heels.

Always heels n hose, and depending on the mood a skirt or if the mood is slightly naughty a very short mini and then the heel height will increase dramatically. When I'm cleaning house sometimes just a skirt n my lowest heels just to practice walking in heels.

Aspiring Member
    Till quite recently, I was mostly overdressed - dresses are a staple of my femme wardrobe, and if I want to go sexy, the skirts get shorter and I might even wear a brief petticoat to fluff the skirt out. These were worn with heels.

Now that I'm aiming for a more casual and dressed down look, I will still rely on explicitly feminine dressing cues - things like spaghetti straps, sweetheart necklines etc.

I definitely need to improve my makeup and desensitize my eyes to it...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Laid back casual girl that will on occasion dress it up in a skirt and heels.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I have a few different looks...depends on the place, time,occasion etc...
    Urban Classic Chic...is my favorite ( think the gals that work in mac)..lots of black..blazers, statement jewelery, clutch purse classic chic,
    Grunge Chic Rocker .........tees, leather, heavy accesories, moto jackets combat or knee high boots
    Hipster Girl...Flanell shirts tanks,leggings, beanie hats ,army jackets etc

Comfy casual, to prim and proper. Depends on what I am doing, camping, dinner, more dressy dinner, a bar. I have some jeans, skirts, tops and dresses. Though my shoes are a bit limited so some items don't get worn much due to the lack of matching shoes.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

The look I would like and the one I can afford as well as keep hidden are two totally different things.
    Anyway, i guess it would be called casual chic. Maybe what Adriana above described only with more color. I came across the words 'hijabista' and 'hijabinista' and that is the look I want. Worn, comfy skinny jeans with colorful peep toe heels, jackets, cardigans, statement jewelry.

I think that's the kind of girl I want to dress like.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Reality Check
    The look I go for is that of the daughter my mother never had. A normal female my age and size. Like most females, I try to look a bit younger than my actual age, but I have the good sense to not dress like a hooker or stripper. Or a teenager for that matter. That means skirts or dresses to the knees (more or less), not too tight, flats, average sized boobs, shoulder length hair, and not overdone makeup. If I'm not leaving the house, it's just beard cover and lipstick.

If I were still dressing up, I'd have to change my style 100%, because no woman my age would be able to get away with the way I liked to look. When I started venturing out in public, I was always in conflict between the desire to simply look female in a blend-in way, and my more powerful desire to be the sexiest woman out there. As a male, I have always been slim in the waist, which was a big help for CD-ing. As a female, I had a magnificent set of breasts and a nicely curvy below-the-waist shape. And I was the kind of girl who loves to show off what she's got. Too-short skirts ... too-tight tops ... a black bra under a light-colored top ... I was never a "nice" girl ... oh yes, those were the days!

Casual, average women is my typical style.
    For a special outing I would call my look Classic.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Basically a goth girl here that LOVES high heels and occasionally wearing a blue dress.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

hmmmm the look to go after? well lets see if I was in my 20's again might be kinda of a slinky ****ty look but now in my early 60's i prefer the blended somwhat androgenous look which for me not too b lingy lady wrangler jeans , mock turtle top or t both long sleeves (too lazy to shave) some mid cut panties along with a soft bra, sports type shoes girly colored socks , pretty plain jane but you really have to look to see,also close to buying a wig in the dutch /pixie type cut well that pretty well rounds me out ,and as winter is approaching I will be underdressing at work a lot especially bra (does not show much under a work shirt )
    hugs phylis aane

Classy and elegant. I love elegant dresses and fancy skirts and blouses, as well as high heels. Black is the color, I like the look of it and it feels elegant af hehe. I dress just as fancy as I can as a male. As for underdressing I sometimes use thongs which feel very sexy (no bra when en drab). But as a woman my underwear must fit the outfit, so I like plain black panties and bras.
    -Tamina Purefoy.

"For a star to be born one thing must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse. So crumble; this is not your destruction, it's your birth."

Aspiring Member
    When I was a kid I always found women that dressed professionally/office setting the most attractive. When I found a job downtown, I would notice how the professional woman would dress.

The look I have picked is the professional woman. I love the skirt/suit combo with a long sleevebutton blouse and at least 3 inch heel pumps.

During the week I go for the professional woman look with a mixture of dresses, skirts and blouses. On the weekend I go for the casual look, jeans and a nice top. At home during down time I like to wear comfy pj's

Comfy casual to classy. A bit retro with the long skirts, stockings and heels. The casual look is the one I end up in the most on the days I am dressed all day. I usually start off in something way to complicated for not leaving the house, and end up comfy and happy with the look by the end of the day.

Charlotte

I have two favorite looks. It is either very formal like a bride, bridesmaid, or prom dress. The other is a very naughty girl in short skirts, slinky tops, and high heels. I got rid of my average looking clothes. Since I never go out in public dressed I can get away with this. Tall patent leather boots with a short skirt is a favorite.
    Last edited by Staci; 10-07-2015 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

comfy and classy

Comfy casual. I love yoga pants and t-shirts the most. So younger comfy is what's best for me.

Banned Read only
    Mini dresses with bright colors and 6 inch heels guess I would have to say hooker clothes

Depends on what I am doing. I have my workout looks -- women's running shorts and form fitting tank top or sports bra for the treadmill, and sports bra and yoga shorts or capri leggings for tai chi in the evenings.

For knocking around I love the 1970's hippie chick look -- paisley dolmen sleeve tops over tight denim jeans or shorts, or a paisley or ikat patterned mini dress. In colder weather, I favor tunics or long sweatshirts or sweaters over leggings or jeggings.

For work in my home office, I am going to start to put together an office girl look, with a few career dresses, short office skirts, etc. And maybe I can rock a tailored pants suit.

Sophisticated club-going woman. Little black dresses. Wrap dresses. 4 inch heels. Matching accessories. Contoured makeup.

I always like to say "trendy art gallery owner." Sort of related to "SA at a high end boutique" but with long nails and a nose ring.

- Diane

I have a many looks...depending
    Girl Next door is my casual LOOK...Jeans, T, Ballet flats,
    Classic Working Girl(Business Casual).........black hose, high waist pencil skirt, form fitted top, Fitted Blazer very little jewelry
    Fitted Fashion Girl...fitted poly top, fitted skirt just above knees but again I would always have a Blazer(to cover) and nice black boots

Prene