Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing my sexual preference

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetgray View Post
    Simply put, if female hormones made you attracted to men then there would be no lesbians.
    Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Paula View Post
    Now, my own theory. We fall for, or are attracted to people, not their sex. I have had sexual relationships with men and women. I'm not bi. I found people to whom I was attracted, and their sex happened to be 'so and so'.
    Well said, Paula. I have always been attracted to men and women based upon who they are. Being a CD puts that attraction into interesting possibilities.

Aspiring Member
    Simply put, I believe anything is possible when it comes to sexuality and gender expression/identity. For me to say it's not would be naive in the least, arrogant in my own rightness at most.
    It's all possible. Maybe not probable but depending on an individual, possible. I've heard of M2F's who were heterosexual males and then gradually became heterosexual females post transition. Who they were attracted to changed but they remained heterosexual in either gender.
    So it's all out there in some form or another, whatever you can imagine is pretty much...possible.

I have been on M2F HRT for over 4 years, and I can assure everybody that I am definitely NOT attracted to men. I am attracted to women as i have for all of my life, something that has not changed at all.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Banned Read only
    My History:
    Married at 25, 2 kids, divorced at 55, began to experiment with men about 6 years before the divorce and discovered that I liked it, thought I was gay but eventually realized that my attraction to women was still strong and therefore consider myself to be bisexual, married 2nd wife at 57 (will be 67 in a couple of months), have not done anything outside of the marriage to my 2nd wife. While I find sex with men very enjoyable, I don't have much desire to have a long term relationship. I think the problem is that it would be like living with myself and I don't find that particularly interesting.

Bisexuality:
    The issue is really how one chooses a partner (romantic or sexual). For heterosexuals and gay people, gender (opposite for the former and same for the latter) is the primary road block. If you can't get over that hurdle, there is no potential for a relationship. For bisexuals, gender is not the initial gating factor. It actually falls further down the list; maybe 3rd or 4th, perhaps. In no particular order, other factors could be sheer physical attraction, commonalities or differences and intellectual affinity.

I believe that ones inherent sexuality doesn't change. For bisexuals, the relative degree may change. Considering male/female attractions, one may be 50/50 for a time, 80/20 for a time, 30/70 or whatever. At any given time, that may influence which partner that might be picked, but you're still a bisexual.

Further, I believe that crossdressing may facilitate exploration in that it helps break through that wall of denial. Dressing already puts you outside of the mainstream and that makes it easier to consider other options. Above all, NEVER underestimate the power of the programming that we receive as young people regarding sex, sexuality, how to be a man, perceived weakness, etc. It is truly oppressive.

DeeAnn

All I know is that it can happen, because it happened to me...there's been a lot of certainty expressed by others, who have not experienced the transition you described, but you know that it's real because it happened to you, and take it from me, you're not the only one!