Thread: Been seen for first time ever!!!

Been seen for first time ever!!!

Ok so today is my last day for a while that I can dress up so I thought (in a cloud of pink fog) that I would drive to a near by town to pick up some groceries as I have been wanting to be seen for a while. I started the day painting my nails nude pink and then following a shower and shave I done my best ever make up job. Nothing crazy just eyeliner eye shadow (purple) and mascara and pink lip stick. I then put on my dark blue skinny jeans, pink top, black cardigan and open toe black strappy high heels. I don't have a wig . I felt good though and daring! After the 20 minute drive I arrived at the little shop and I'll admit it took me about 20 mins to get out the car, some of the people coming in and out of the shop were little old men and women and I didn't want to scare them, I may think I look good but they might see something different! So once it got quiet I made the 50yard stroll being careful not to trip as its my first time out the house in heels, I got through the front door and there were 2 ladies and a delivery guy to my right who looked at me but didn't seem to care or probably notice and they kept talking away to each other. The lady at the checkout looked right into my eyes and then looked down, I asked for my cigarettes and she said no problem. I handed over the money and she gave me my change. I said thank you to which she replied you're welcome with a smile. I actually believe I am the first CD to ever go into this shop (old small village in the countryside in Scotland) dressed up and I think maybe she was shocked as the eye contact was minimal during the transaction. The people on my now left side looked at me with a smile and said goodbye. When walking back to my car a could see a woman changing her bed sheets through a window looking at me the whole 50yards from the shop to my car. Anyway it was such a buzz and I'm delighted I found the courage to see it through!

That's awesome! I've driven around town en femme but I haven't had the courage to get out of the car. Congrats!!

Thanks Carrie! It was such a buzz! I don't think I could do big city but small town is where I will be more comfortable I think ...

peachs, good for you girl, i know how you feel, your only going to what to go out more, hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Imagine if there were millions more ( CD's ) that did what you did......'ACCEPTANCE''. You've just advanced the cause for everyone of us, and you probially just thought you did it just for yourself. Imagine men wearing skirts, blouses, dresses, heels...... no big deal, just ACCEPTANCE.

You're right Deebra I never thought of it like that! Well now they have seen a male with make up on wearing female clothes hopefully next time THEY won't feel uncomfortable .... But seriously I'm not pushing my luck as it would be bad if someone I knew seen me. Thanks

Peach, well done indeed. Yes it is a buzz, even now and I have been "out there" for a few years now. I'm a bit surprised by your feelings about big city v small village. IMHO it is actually easier to be "out" in the city - they are generally more cosmopolitan, more wide-ranging in the sort of people who are around, less concerned/interested in who is walking the streets; they are more impersonal than the small village and it is easier to be "different" in that environment.
    But actually wherever you are people are busy living their own lives and aren't nearly as bothered by us as we fear they are going to be. And it IS getting easier out there, it IS more generally acknowledged that we can be an accepted part of society.
    I've only done one trip to London but that was indeed a buzz. I went by train so the day began standing at the station waiting for the train. Then once you are on the train you have people around you for the whole journey (3 hours in my case). Once into London you disappear into the crowds. I was meeting a GG friend and we walked around the sights, we had lunch in a cafe, we wandered the British Museum and no-one anywhere, anytime batted an eyelid. Back home on the train - and again you are there with a small group of people sitting near/with you - there is no "escape" - that can be nerve-racking but I have done a few train journeys now without incident.
    Just keep going with it Peach - every time is easier than the last, soon you will be wondering why you hadn't done this before

Michelle
    xxx

A great story, thanks for sharing!
    I'm glad you had the courage to get, here's to many more trips!

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Thanks Sarah/Michelle! I hope so! Still buzzing

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    That's brilliant Peach I know how you feel I've just taken my first step out partially dressed and it's an amazing experience. Have fun and own it here's to many more outings xxx

Gone to live my life
    Hi there Peach,

Congrats on your first outing. It is always harrowing but thrilling at the same time. I hear you about getting out of the car, my first trip into the light of day, it took me 35 minutes to get out of the car. Thanks for sharing this special moment with us.

Cheers

Isha

Great story. I know that you have broke the ice you'll be looking forward to doing it again.

Well you all were right! I went to the same place today but this time didn't wait in the car for half an hour, I checked out who was around and then just thought "what the hell" and went straight into the shop. I grabbed a bottle of Diet Coke and waited in the queue when the SAME check out lady (quite pretty middle aged woman) clocked me and gave a little smile! I have to admit the wait in line seemed like an eternity as people of all ages/genders were coming and going obviously noticing me in line but not saying anything. I got to the checkout and asked for my cigarettes and she asked how I was etc. My legs were shaking more the longer I was in the store. I said goodbye and left. Got to my car an realised I didn't have a lighter with me so went straight back in. I could see all the locals had clearly been speaking about me as they shop went silent (it's a very small news agent type store) but I just smiled and asked politely for my lighter! Walked back to my car and as I was getting in I noticed the checkout lady looking through the glass door 😂. I felt AWESOME! Like this is feeling really normal to me . I'm late twenties and without sounding too modest I suit make up and I'm sure if I had a wig I'd pass. Today was jeans, a pink top and long knee length cardigan, black open toed high heels. Toe nails freshly painted a plum colour. Eye make up was pink to match the top with the usual eyeliner and mascara! Oh and pink lip stick! I feel great!

First, let me join everyone else in saying congratulations, and as you found on your second trip, it gets easier and easier with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Peach13 View Post
    Nothing crazy just eyeliner eye shadow (purple) and mascara and pink lip stick.
    I'm kinda treasuring that quote since it's so rare to see "Nothing crazy" paired with purple eye shadow.

Congrats, that's so awesome!

So cool you got out!
    AND got out of the car !
    Brings back memories of the first time I went out for a drive , I was waiting at a stoplight, and was rear ended!
    No injuries or damage to the cars, but I thought I was going to die!
    Cops showed up, we exchanged insurance, ( of course in my male name ) the cop was totally neutral , the lady that hit me looked "disturbed". No big deal.
    Actually gave me confidence to go out again.