Thread: Definition of transition?

Definition of transition?

So I've been doing just about all the reading these last few weeks, and I keep coming across different definitions of what it means to "start", "be in", and be "post" transition.

It was also brought to my attention some while back that I was perhaps using it incorrectly, or trying to redefine it.

So, as it is specific to this forum, what is your definition of transition, and the three states of it? Pre, mid, post.

Do search in this subforum. You will find many locked threads as transition is defined by what the individual defined it to be. There is no consensus.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Hi Abby

I want to being by saying no one really wants to define or label. I am ok with it as I may still be in the mid stage. But I don't know anything.

Pre is anyone who has decided to transition but has not started anything like T blockers or Hormones and may or may not have come out yet.

Mid is a person has come out and has recently begun HRT and or T blockers but has no time or date or may not even commit to whether they will have SRS

Post is a person who has come and decided to have or not to have SRS is on HRT and or T blockers and is living every day 24/7 as a woman.

Connie
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan37 View Post
    ... There is no consensus.
    Especially among people who are not going to transition ...

I will say this: Both pre and mid (or "in") are really only fully valid retrospectively.
    Last edited by LeaP; 10-08-2015 at 08:24 PM.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    This has been debated and will form the subject of a sticky shortly.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity