Thread: Hello world only gone and done it!!!

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world

Hello world only gone and done it!!!

Hi girls, well what a night I've had!! Full blown Melanie has been out into the world. Soon as I finished work I got back to my room and started the process of becoming Melanie with the intention of just getting dressed and staying in watching a film, well that went out the window the compelling urge of the outside world was calling. So I'll take baby steps and use the self service petrol station a few miles down the road. After just sitting in the car park for about 20 mins building up the courage to get fuel I bit the bullet and went for it. OMG!!! Who'd have thought getting fuel could be so exciting nothing really happened although I did notice a taxi driver checking me out (he either liked what he saw or he clocked me for what I am I'm reckoning the latter). I parked back up in the car park almost shaking with excitement and almost complete disbelief in what I'd just done. Anyway once again chancing my luck and pushing the envelope I decided to up the stakes once again how about going to the drive thru macdonalds this would involve me interacting with another person. I make my way there and again spend about another 20 minutes sat in the car park trying to build up the courage, eventually I go for it so I pulled up to the speaker and made my order I was then told to make my way to window 1, I pulled up to the window Oh no a young teenage lad (should have expected that really) he looked up and saw me and I could see the look of shock on his face lol I think he was more nervous then I was, his first few words he stuttered them out not knowing where to look poor boy after I paid him i moved onto the next window to collect my order another young teenage lad but this one was a lot more confident. He didn't batter an eyelid even asking me how I was and how's my evening to which I replied eventful. He gave me my order with a smile and "there you go, enjoy your evening miss" then I was in my way leaving a wake of lipgloss and perfume. A great evening not quiet what I originally planned but great none the less xxx
    Some boys wanted to dress up as batman.....not me

Someday I'll get to this point
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

That's great. I am willing to bet the first mcd person spoke to you in the speaker and the second didn't hear a word. Given the reactions you describe.
    Still a wonderful outing even if a short one.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Welcome to the world, Melanie! It just gets better and better.

Kudos and congrats Melanie, from someone who just took their first steps out into the real world this past Wednesday. Things didn't go exactly as I planned either, but like yourself, I'm very happy they went the way they did.

Karen

That is so exciting! I got a total thrill just reading your post! I can't wait to do that. I've kind of been imagining myself doing something very similar. Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Good for you Melanie, you took those steps and what big steps they were. Isn't that just such a great feeling. I'm very happy for you.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    Thank you girls I'm home safe and sound now tucked up in bed I still can't believe I've done what I've done tonight. I put my self acceptance and growing confidence in who/what I am down to all you girls on this forum the past couple of months have been an absolute whirlwind for me. I know I'll never be able to pass maybe blend at best and that's ok I'm begining to accept that fact so if I can accept it why should I care what the stranger in the street thinks yes I'm a man in a dress if you don't like It tough I don't care. That may be the pink fog talking xxx

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    What a thrill huh!?!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

In NY when I first went out I need cash so I stopped at an HSBC fully dressed....I was petrified....and of course after withdrawing money ...someone walked in and held the door for me...was he surprised....
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

great little adventure, well done, it just gets better!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We are all proud of you for making your way out into the world!!!

Reality Check
    There's a first time for all of us. Some do it one way, some another. I'm glad you had fun on your first trip out.

Your next challenge is to get out of the car in the daytime and walk through the park, the business district of your town or the tourist area (if there is one). Dress appropriately and you may just "pass". A shopping mall is another possible location to take a walk. If it's daytime and the sun is shinning, women's sunglasses are great until you get us to being out as a woman.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Melanie,

Congrats on another step out into the world . . . be warned it can be addictive .

Cheers

Isha

Heartfelt congratulations to you Melanie.. Just reading through your post reminded me of so many of my firsts.. My very first interaction was at a petrol station too.. wasn't self service though.

I also remember my first trip to the drive thru when I had to ask then for a change to my drink and the girl at the window without missing a beat turned to her colleague and said "she asked for no ice".. that one pronoun made my whole night!!!..

And hopefully one day you can have that first day out as I did only a couple of months ago real soon.. all the best hunni

xxxx

Melanie,
    A great leap forward for you, keep it up and take care.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.