Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween?

Halloween?

Is anyone else taking advantage of Halloween to dress up? I plan to visit Washington DC and watch the High Heel race. There are always many crossdressers out.

I am considering going as a 50's prom queen: Sleevless, pink satin dress with a nipped waist and a wide skirt, white patent pumps with five-inch heels, elbow-length white gloves, a pearl necklace and drop pearl earrings. Searing red lipstick won't go with the dress but I think I will wear Chanel's True Red anyway. Blond wig....maybe a crinoline if I have the nerve....gosh I hope I can pull this off....

Go for it. Wish I could go but I'm to far away. Either way wish you the best and have fun

I would love to go out as myself on Halloween, unfortunately I'd be quite likely to run into people I work with which puts the kibosh on that plan.

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar
    Every year I do my Avatar, and go to main street here in Lake Havasu Az.. not bad for a 76 year young Broad ,.. LOL
    JoanAz

Banned Read only
    I envy those who are able to get dolled up and get out. I'm always stuck handing out candy at Halloween. Halloween is on a Saturday this year. There's a potential for several changes during the day. Sounds like you're going to have a blast.

I have no plans to go out for Halloween, but i'm still planning on dressing up. Maybe something punk or maybe something gothic lolita, still thinking about it.

Few 'normal' straight guys would be caught dead dressed in girl clothes. So doing so just raises the suspician that we're CD, TG, TS or gay. If that's ok with you, then go for it! OTOH, if you feel the need to stay in the closet, or coming out would cause disruption in your life, it's better to avoid pushing the envelope.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm debating going out as Sarah, I have been messing about with an outfit I threw together of a female mad max, mad Maxine more like
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Silver Member
    If Halloween offers the additional confidence needed to go out somewhere in public dressed as a female, do it! Maybe they will both enjoy themselves and realize most people don't care how they are dressed.

I have not heard of anyone being outed by dressing as a female character on Halloween. And unless someone honestly tells you their personal suspicions - which they don't - you will never know if anyone suspects you of crossdressing or any other behavior or belief, whether you dress on Halloween or not. Judgmental people probably think far worse things of us than being a crossdresser - and we will never know.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 10-11-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Going to be my 1st time in a female costume this year, sorta. at work a couple of years ago a woman offered me an old Victorian dress that I wore over my regular clothes for a little bit. No make up, the bottom of my jeans showing, tennis shoes, but I did find an old lady wig so I wore that. That certainly did not raise much in the way of any suspicion.

THIS YEAR however, originally, I had convinced my wife to have her be Glenda the good witch of the north, and me the wicked witch of the west. But, with her being laid up after a bad fall, she altered her costume to be a tainted fairy, which went better with her walking boot. women... lol I decided I would stay as being a witch, although I altered it to being more of a traditional witch. We are going to be attending a Halloween wedding with all of this. My wife is giving a bit on this. I know she has had a I don't want to see it thing going on since I told her about my CDing. But, I am in a "character" rather than just being female, and it being Halloween. I have told her on a few occasions if she was uncomfortable that I would bail on the female witch, but she seems ok with it all. She did in fact say to me, don't take a mile on this. So in a sense, she is definitely doing at least a slight expanding of the boundary here. Perhaps getting a feel for what it might be like to see "me" but still with a cover of a character.

I think if I was dressed just as a woman, with no particular character it may raise some suspicion, and this may as well, (why be a female anything) If it does raise suspicion, I guess it just does...
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I have went out as a girl 2 times mostly as a joke and years apart .I had a mostly positive night out both times .I have never done it since and more than likely i wont do it again .I just plan on dressing in private
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Few 'normal' straight guys would be caught dead dressed in girl clothes. So doing so just raises the suspician that we're CD, TG, TS or gay. --------------
    You're forgetting the OTHER option, Lexi. Dressed as a female in a female costume!

One of the female looks I'm working on for this year is, Elsa!
    Elsa-Concept-Art-disney-frozen-35619800-800-629.jpg

Whether or not I can pull this off is a "realistic" Elsa mask!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've only dressed up mostly in private, although some of my friends know that I do dress up and even a few have seen how I looked dressed up. I got one who's family has a halloween party every year and I'm thinking about wearing one of my southern belle dresses to the party this year. His family is pretty open about pretty much everything and I've been around them alot so I know they won't have any issues with me doing it.

I have never went en femme for Halloween but next year for our local comic book convention my SO is going as Mario and I will be Princess Peach. I'm so excited for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleyjane15 View Post
    I have never went en femme for Halloween but next year for our local comic book convention my SO is going as Mario and I will be Princess Peach. I'm so excited for next year.
    Jealous of this! I'm hoping to someday get a Princess Peach outfit as well! Hopefully there will be pictures when it happens!

I always feel like it WOULD be too weird to get dressed up as just a "regular" girl

but that gives the PERFECT excuse for the outfits that would barely fit in anywhere!

Princess! Prom Girl! Ballerina! etc

I'm hanging out at Detroit's "Youmacon" for an extended weekend(over halloween) as Disney's Belle. My favorite Character of all time! I might go one day as "Lust" from Fullmetal Alchemist out of a Japanese manga series. I don't know yet. I do have the tattoo for it....
    I'm going to be going with my wife and her friends, who will be in costumes of characters out of their own original comic books.....
    Should be a fun, interesting weekend. Who knows....
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Quote Originally Posted by jazmine View Post
    I'm hanging out at Detroit's "Youmacon" for an extended weekend(over halloween) as Disney's Belle. My favorite Character of all time! I might go one day as "Lust" from Fullmetal Alchemist out of a Japanese manga series. I don't know yet. I do have the tattoo for it....
    I'm going to be going with my wife and her friends, who will be in costumes of characters out of their own original comic books.....
    Should be a fun, interesting weekend. Who knows....
    Belle is my favorite Disney princess, loved her dress! I was able to get a dress like it back at the beginning of the year, which was a dream come true!

Quote Originally Posted by AllieBellema View Post
    Belle is my favorite Disney princess, loved her dress! I was able to get a dress like it back at the beginning of the year, which was a dream come true!
    Yeah, Definitely! I actually paid a friend to make me a dress the way I envisioned it it my head. I went all the way putting the costume together. I didn't want any cheapo store-bought stuff. It'll be interesting, because I actually have the "Lust" character tattoo, and don't plan on covering it up.....
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Quote Originally Posted by AllieBellema View Post
    Jealous of this! I'm hoping to someday get a Princess Peach outfit as well! Hopefully there will be pictures when it happens!
    Oh, There will definitely be pics. Unfortunately the Con is not til next May. But that gives me plenty of time to have the costume custom made and slim down to fit into it.

My wife is going as the mad hatter and I am going as Alice. We have fun every year!

Last year I went out as Dr. Frank n Furter and had a blast. This year, since my wife knows I am a CD, I will be a sexy femme Joker and she will be Harley Quinn. We're gonna attend the West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval. It should be awesome, from what our friends keep telling us.

I think I will find it hard to top last year when I was in North Hollywood.

Reading the previous post, maybe it was it West Hollywood?
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 10-20-2015 at 08:23 AM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I think I will find it hard to top last year when I was in North Hollywood.

Reading the previous post, maybe it was it West Hollywood?
    I am told they shutdown Santa Monica Blvd for a few blocks on Halloween. Is that where u attended?

I'm leaning towards Marianne the Librarian (camel pleated skirt and satin flowered blouse with sensible flats). In the past I have been the good fairy and a leopard (dress, heels and ears).
    joank
    Southern California