Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when dressed?

What do you do when dressed?

I am quite fortunate that with my new employment I often have a day off in the week, to myself. So I am spending most of these days as Katie, which I love. I am not able to go out anywhere dressed up, which is a real shame. So I have to find things to do at home. These things include paperwork for my job, housework (vacuuming etc) and occasionally popping into the garden for a cigarette.
    This got me wondering what you other girls do when you are all dressed up with nowhere to go?

Hi, Katie.

Come round to my house - I'll find plenty for you to do!

I take photos and videos of myself to help me improve my appearance. I also generally potter about. However, I got fed up of being dressed up with nowhere to go which culminated in me going to group meetings.

It seems that there is an inner force that drives us onwards and upwards. We eventually feel the need to meet and talk to others; something nearly everyone on this forum would love to do if they had the opportunity. Joining the forum seems to be a small, but significant step in coming out.

The home counties are waiting for you!

Cheryl x

Hey Katie...

I can empathise on the one hand of being partially closeted and feeling that need to just 'be' at home... I never vacuum or do chores when dressed - that would get in the way of messing with makeup and taking photos... (said only slightly tongue in cheek...) Occasionally just lounging in the garden... but you know what I'm going to say eventually...

Darn it Katie - you're probably within a 40 minute drive of Bletchley... home of the Enigma code-crackers but also that semi-famous LGBT venue Pink Punters... You know where this is going... You present really well and would feel the joy of being out - spend an evening - winter is great because of dark nights - no-one would see you driving... I'd find a way to be there every month if I was that close...

I realise it may not be quite what you meant - but I suppose that supports two perspectives of this thing we share: we do it to feel comfortable in and of ourselves (which we can get at home, hotel rooms, storage units! - in privacy) but we also seek and desire affirmation from others when we express who we are inside - whether that's the true self for those who identify as female, or the 'other facet' for those of us who are flexigendered, and need and want to always have the two aspects to turn to...

If you ever want a trip to PPs, Becks and myself are looking for a new chauffeur... (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ah-Temporarily)

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I do the same things as in boy mode.

Run my errands, Post Office, ATM, Gas station, the drive thru at McD's.

I keep my human contact to a minimum.

Do I detect a thread consisting of only UK members up to this point?

First one i think i have seen!

I have only ventured out for a smoke late in the evening whilst on holiday this year, but When dressed at home, i just carry on as normal, Cook the dinner, watch a film with my wife and general other household duties. It just feels right! I don't go out of my way to try to do girly stuff, I just do what needs doing.

Katey888, Looks like i should have met up with you while Down your way in the summer for a chat and maybe a pint. Even though it rained hard for a few days, we just stayed in the cottage and again, just did the usual stuff plus a bit of make up practice of course.

Colleen.

Hi Katey
    I do live fairly close to Pink Punters, it's somewhere that I have wanted to go for a long time. Unfortunately, at the moment I am not able to go there for lots of reasons, including an unaccepting wife. It certainly looks like you had fun there when you last went. Hopefully, I will be able to go one day.
    Katie

I go shopping, dining, etc. Basically anything I want. Problem is the more I go out the stronger my inner girl gets. Pretty soon my male side will be the inner lol.

I do the typical things I usually do when not dressed. Read, video games, TV, talk to friends online, housework. It is peculiar though, there seems to be a heightened feeling of some sort doing these things dressed vs not dressed.

Aspiring Member
    Business as usual at home. Maybe a few selfies or photos if I especially like the outfit. Nothing - absolutely nothing - with headphones on. I need a higher state of alertness when dressed, however.

Reality Check
    If you are "popping into the garden for a cigarette", you may well be out to your neighbors.

What do I do as Krisi? Obviously, I spend too much time on the computer. Other than that, it's the same things I would do as Homer with the exception of going outside or using power tools. Or doing things that might get me dirty or sweaty.

Occasionally, I will get out in public but a lot of things have to mesh together for that to happen. Even then, it's walking through the mall, the park, or the business or tourist part of a nearby city.

Aspiring Member
    Usually everything. Depends on what I have going. Generally go to work,household chores and the like.

Banned Read only
    As an in-home crossdresser and a retiree with a still working wife I have a lot of time to let Stephanie out. I usually dress after I drop my wife off at work....no surprises of her returning home unexpected. I usually spend some time on the site. After breakfast and reading the morning newspaper it is household chores....laundry, ironing, vacuuming, general cleaning, baking, meal preparation. When the weather is nice I'll spend some time in the backyard which is fairly secluded and offers privacy.

I do housework and such. If I'm feeling really brave, I'll hop in the car and drive to the ATM.

Honestly I don't get all dressed up with nowhere to go. Left that behind me long ago thankfully.

I think your question, considering that you don't go out was supposed to be. What do you do when your all dressed up but don't/can't go anywhere?

The answer to that is I don't normally get dressed up and not go out. But when I do. It's to paint the inside of the house.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I work from home in my studio and when dressed just carry on working as long as I'm not expecting visitors. Hang on, what am I saying, 'working'. Browsing on here, watching youtube vids about makeup is more like it. I take photos of myself (easy in the studio) to see how my makeup is improving and how my look is improving!

On the rare occasion that I stay home while dressed, I like to bake things. Things that should be baked, that is, not just randomly.

These days dressing in drab and having to go out seems more weird to me.

There is nothing weird about putting on a dress and going out, just seems natural.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just do what needs to be done just like normal people.

Banned Read only
    Katie83,
    My wife has a list as long as your arm of things to do ! The simple way of getting round that one is to dress as Teresa she only does domestic stuff, the man just ******* off to the pub !
    I will admit the pawing through the Screwfix catalogue disappeared long ago, dealing with all that sort of thing means one thing , broken nails !

I love my painting and combine it with the enjoyment of CDing, some of my best work has resulted with that combination.
    I'm with Katie888 on the garden thing sitting in a secluded spot with a denim mini skirt and Tshirt is pure heaven!

Sadly I don't drive & I'm still one of the TGurls at home crowd but I'm in the process of sorting my first makeover & dressing trip so who knows what the future holds - maybe a trip to PPs ....

As for time dressed at home - photos of make-up attempts & to see how new outfits work as well as household chores sometimes - hey CD'ing is meant to be fun!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Hey Katie...

I can empathise on the one hand of being partially closeted and feeling that need to just 'be' at home... I never vacuum or do chores when dressed - that would get in the way of messing with makeup and taking photos... (said only slightly tongue in cheek...) Occasionally just lounging in the garden... but you know what I'm going to say eventually...

Darn it Katie - you're probably within a 40 minute drive of Bletchley... home of the Enigma code-crackers but also that semi-famous LGBT venue Pink Punters... You know where this is going... You present really well and would feel the joy of being out - spend an evening - winter is great because of dark nights - no-one would see you driving... I'd find a way to be there every month if I was that close...

I realise it may not be quite what you meant - but I suppose that supports two perspectives of this thing we share: we do it to feel comfortable in and of ourselves (which we can get at home, hotel rooms, storage units! - in privacy) but we also seek and desire affirmation from others when we express who we are inside - whether that's the true self for those who identify as female, or the 'other facet' for those of us who are flexigendered, and need and want to always have the two aspects to turn to...

If you ever want a trip to PPs, Becks and myself are looking for a new chauffeur... (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ah-Temporarily)

Katey x
    Last edited by Molly James; 11-20-2015 at 12:36 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    These days? I'm going out a lot with other T girls. Take photos there and after I get home.

In the old days when I just dressed at home. I tried out various outfits and took photos. Then took everything off.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I tend to do nothing, and then rue the fact afterwards. I've tried doing the ironing (which I normally love!) and other household chores, but I just can't get into a routine, other than that which includes picking my wig hairs up and making sure a car hasn't just pulled up on the driveway.

They can be days well spent, yet at the same time wasted.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Hey Katie...

You present really well and would feel the joy of being out - spend an evening - winter is great because of dark nights - no-one would see you driving...

Katey x
    This is the well-known syndrome of daylight dysphoria...

I do the usual house things...cleaning, laundry, pay bills, watch some tv.
    Otherwise I run errands and shop.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    If I am not going anywhere for the day I may either skype with some friends, work on my blog, but sitting home alone gets to me so by 6 pm i usually text and see which one of my admirer or cd friends are around to hang out with, even if its just to come over and watch the game, or have dinner together....I cant sit home for too long alone...xoxo