Thread: Beautiful creatures.

Beautiful creatures.

I have been reading a lot of post and looked at a lot of pictures here. All to often a thread will come up were a number of people will post that we as crossdressers never pass, or seldom pass in public. I have posted myself that we all don't pass all the time, but yet we all do at times. Which brings me to my point.

Look at the pictures of the beautiful girls here. OMG how can some [most] of you not pass. Because we worry so much about passing we go to great extremes to make sure we do. The average GG seldom goes to the trouble that we do to make ourselves beautiful.

I know that we really shouldn't worry so much about passing and maybe just be ourselves. BUT Most of the girls here are gorgeous and should never have to worry about passing.

Cheers to the most beautiful creatures on earth.

Just my 2 cents worth.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    To me,
    Gorgeous, beautiful, and attractive does not make someone able to pass as a genetic female.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    To me,
    Gorgeous, beautiful, and attractive does not make someone able to pass as a genetic female.
    I tend to agree, there are a lot of GGs that let's say don't look like super models that obviously 'pass' and there are a lot of girls on this forum who are just plain gorgeous but I'm sure don't pass all the time...it doesnt just come down to looks, I think you have to truly 'feel it' from the inside out...then you can pass wearing Carhart overalls and steel toe boots (ok, maybe with a little contouring and some mascara hon! ) 😉

I have to agree on what others said in this post. I pass sometimes, well most of the time. But would like to more times. I do think it is within and how we act in our mannerisms. Mostly GG's are strong in their feminine role. We are weaker in that area as we are men. Yet we should not be overacting to try to emulate the feminism that we feel. I think we need to be ourselves in a genuine role as the females do and do less of our manly mannerisms and we would be fine.
    Part Time Girl

Silver Member
    Katie - I understand your thoughts and agree with you. "Passing" is such an arbitrary concept and means different things to each one of us. "Passing", however defined, is circumstantial, perceived and usually meaningless. The belief that we "pass" does, however, offer confidence and pleasure. I suspect what is more important is that, when dressed, we do not stand out and call uncomfortable attention to ourselves. I also personally believe that the people who share their images here are usually beautiful, attractive and happy - regardless of the nebulous question of whether they "pass".

I think about the nervousness we have about safety and recognition and not wanting to feel uncomfortable. We want to blend. But if we want to look like most women around us in the mall or walking down the street, we would not wear makeup, dresses or heels. If we wear minimal or natural makeup, as most real women do, we might not stand out for being too made up but we are less concealed and more individually recognizable.

I think many of us will worry to some degree, regardless of how we look, and that is OK, often exciting and helps us be protective. But, depending upon our own circumstances, likes/dislikes and confidence levels, we should live our lives for ourselves and enjoy looking and dressing as we want to.

Once upon a time Pablo Picasso was sitting in a cafe. A woman approached him, gushing with adoration, and asked him if he would just draw something on her napkin. Picasso obligingly did a little doodle and handed her the napkin.

"Oh, Mr. Picasso," she said, "I would be so thrilled if you would sign it."

"That, Madame," said Picasso, "will cost you $50,000."

"Fifty thousand dollars for something that will take you a moment?" she said.

"No, Madam," Picasso said, "It has taken me a lifetime."

As others have posted, passing is not so much about the clothes and makeup, although, of course, they matter. But it is more about movement, body language, and, ultimately, the confidence that comes from being yourself. It is the result of dedication, practice, and experience. And that can take time.

Want to pass? Sign off of crossdressers.com, put down your phone or tablet or mouse, get dressed and walk out your door. Be careful, be prudent, be safe, but the World is waiting.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I've seen some girls here that truly make me jealous...
    Just Roll With It

Quote Originally Posted by katie_barns View Post
    I have been reading a lot of post and looked at a lot of pictures here. All to often a thread will come up were a number of people will post that we as crossdressers never pass, or seldom pass in public. I have posted myself that we all don't pass all the time, but yet we all do at times. Which brings me to my point. Look at the pictures of the beautiful girls here. OMG how can some [most] of you not pass.
    Because you're assuming that what appears in two dimensional static small pictures automatically correlates to what you would see in full size in real life in motion, and under further scrutiny. I couldn't pass in a coal mine during a solar eclipse at midnight while there's a power failure affecting all artificial light. But I'm sure you could find somebody in the theater make up profession that could make me up, pose me just right, and get a blind person to be absolutely sure that I'm a 60 year old homely woman.

I know that we really shouldn't worry so much about passing and maybe just be ourselves. BUT Most of the girls here are gorgeous and should never have to worry about passing. Cheers to the most beautiful creatures on earth.
    Well, we don't HAVE to worry. We can simply not care whether we pass or not. However, in the spirit of the forum: Cheers! IF we drink enough, that will surely help us 'pass'. At least, pass out, anyway!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

While beauty is only temporary we can all take solace in the fact that it is beautiful that we are here, exposed to the world but confident to be so.

Sarah
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Katie I like your thinking and I agree many here are beautiful and truth be told beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    We are just trying to be true to ourselves or at least one part of ourselves.
    Katie I love your encouragement

I'm going to echo Leigh and say I love your encouragement Katie. It's very sweet. Muah!

But THIS!... Persephone comes up with the perfect illustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Once upon a time Pablo Picasso was sitting in a cafe. A woman approached him, gushing with adoration, and asked him if he would just draw something on her napkin. Picasso obligingly did a little doodle and handed her the napkin.
    "Oh, Mr. Picasso," she said, "I would be so thrilled if you would sign it."
    "That, Madame," said Picasso, "will cost you $50,000."
    "Fifty thousand dollars for something that will take you a moment?" she said.
    "No, Madam," Picasso said, "It has taken me a lifetime."

As others have posted, passing is not so much about the clothes and makeup, although, of course, they matter. But it is more about movement, body language, and, ultimately, the confidence that comes from being yourself. It is the result of dedication, practice, and experience. And that can take time.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze_ View Post
    I've seen some girls here that truly make me jealous...
    Me too. However jealousy is a tricky feeling because we usually envy only a particular thing while we should be able to make a complete exchange and get the whole package...

I am going to echo others before me and agree "passing" is so much more than how someone looks in a picture that was probably selected as the best of a bunch. While many "pass" with a glance, the illusion quickly falls apart upon interacting with others. There are so many other things beyond appearance (i.e., hair, makeup, clothes) that go into a seamless presentation. This becomes quite apparent at events held by the local transgender group I am involved with. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but real life interactions among the unsuspecting are priceless.

I really don't pass. The only believably feminine feature I have is my height of 5'6. My jawline is very broad. My cheeks are lean. My calves are legitimate tanks(not just for a female, I'll literally have my bros ask me how I got such huge calves, lol!). My brows are really low/thick and hood my eyes. That, and my thick 5 o clock shadow.

I guess it's those middle eastern "manly" genetics...

To me, passing is a matter of blending in. If I'm going someplace where the majority of GGs are casual, I dress casual, If it's an affair where the majority is dressed to the nines, I'll wear my feminine finery I never expect to pass 100% of the time but each time I do, I consider it a success.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    I tend to agree, there are a lot of GGs that let's say don't look like super models that obviously 'pass' and there are a lot of girls on this forum who are just plain gorgeous but I'm sure don't pass all the time...it doesnt just come down to looks, I think you have to truly 'feel it' from the inside out...then you can pass wearing Carhart overalls and steel toe boots (ok, maybe with a little contouring and some mascara hon! ) 😉
    When I made the original post I sort of expected the responses that have been posted. I will not argue that passing is more than just looks. We have to act and be a female to pass; but GG’s don’t always act as female either. It’s really about the illusion, which encompasses the whole package.
    I also understand that not everyone is out to pass or even go in public dressed. Here is my theory.

If you look like a women and act like a women then people will accept you as a women. There are little things that can give it away. Arm hair, masculine features in the face, ect. These might make people question if you’re a real girl, but doesn’t get you clocked. Only you can get yourself clocked. [that statement should open a can of worms] The pictures here are just pictures I know, but according to them I’m not the most passable person. Yet….

A short true story. I was in a mall a few years back as Katie, and decide to use the restroom. It was very crowded there. After I entered the restroom I had to wait in line to use a stall. There was a women in front of me with 4 or 5 young girls [ ages 5 to 7 maybe]. She had her hands full trying to get each girl in a stall and help with clothing. The little one in front of me turned and asked if I would help her get the button on her bib-overalls undone. I sort of freaked, and looked at the women with them. She heard the little girl and smiled at me and nodded her head ok. I then squatted in a very lady like manor and help the little girl. She scooted off to a stall. The women thanked me. I then used another stall that opened up. Later outside the restroom I saw the group, now standing with a man. The women thanked me again.

If I did not pass 100% then that women would never have let me touch that little girl. She probably would have jerked her away. That was a pivotal moment for me. To be looked at as just another mommy to help.
    Those here said they liked my enthusiasm. Thank you. Maybe my enthusiasm and belief is part of passing. Just saying. Do I pass all the time, hell no!! but if you have the looks, The rest is up to you.