Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you press the button?

Would you press the button?

I don't know exactly what the crossdressing represents in your life. I am not talking about guys in the trangendering process, but the real crossdressers that are happy on live as a man but that have the urge of being a girl once in while.

For me it is overwhelming. The urge to dress is like a drug need that at certain point I will have to sate. Also it is very straining and even stressing to keep secrets, hide clothes, the ghost to be caught, anyway, all this burden of a double life. Don't get me wrong, I do love the girl that lives in me but mainly because I didn't have any choice unless to learn to like her. However if I could choose I would rather never had met Luciana!

Now imagine if one day a stranger knocked your door holding a box with a big red button on the top and said "You can completely wipe off of your life all the crossdress impulse and all the memories that you have done crossdressing once. All that you have to do it to push this button." (I stole it from 'The Box' movie... lol...)

Who of you would press the button?

I guess I would without think twice.

Yes, to be either 100% male or 100% would make life a lot easier.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    The flaw of that scenario is, there is no mention or guarantee that once your memories and desire to CD are wiped out that you would be harpy as a "normal" 100% masculine male.

This is like asking a female it she would like to be 100% feminine all time and time and she will never done a pair of jeans etc.or anything traditionally related to males again.
    I don't think that you will get any takers .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 10-11-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Banned Read only
    Simply, No.

I've learned a lot from DeeAnn's perspective. When you think about how men and women function differently with each other and within society at large, it helps to complete the picture. It feels like there is significance in my developing certain understandings that are beyond my usual male persona. Time as DeeAnn facilitates that. So, if that is the price, I think I can afford it.

DeeAnn

I`m with Luciana.

Years a`go i had pressed the Button, but now, its just natural to switch from male to female mode.

Would not be just one, anymore. :-)

Hugs Joe Ann

No I would not push it, My only regret is that I didn't tell my wife a long time ago. I think we have the best of both worlds

No, I would never press that button. My life was great and I would not remove one memory from it.
    Part Time Girl

No, definitely would not push the button.
    I have some great friends, and a big part of my life is Raychel.
    There is no way I would want to erase all that.

I am sure here are people in my life that would be there pushing the button for me.
    but it is not there life to live. I am happy with who I am, and that is that.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Not now, after all those years facing that daily challenge of being hidden and in denial, now to being the real me and enjoying myself as a total person I won this battle and am taking the spoils of my inner war. I believe my struggle has made me a stronger and more accepting person and do not want to throw all that away.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

That would then mean that we are actually existing is a created Matrix type world then, wouldn't it? If would seem to me if that is true there exists the potential for us to control it like Neo did in the movies.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    No, CDing definitely comes with it's problems but nothing else offers the pleasure it brings. Acceptance by the public would make it absolutey great.

No. I wouldn't have always said no but this is me, this is who I am and I know nothing else.

I love the jfk quote "we choose to go to the moon...not because it is easy but because it is hard"

I chose to accept myself and put it out for my friends and family to see the real me, not because it was easy but because it was hard. And it is hard but I've done it, and my family and friends have made it easy.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I used to think I would. I used to go to bed every night begging God to take this from me, but that never happened (not that I didn't try mightily on my own to make that happen).

As I've grown older, and perhaps more weary, I just don't have the energy to fight it anymore. This is who I am. This is who I have always been. To remove my female identity is to remove half (or more) of who I am. I would be a different person, and now that I think of it ... I like the person I am, and I wouldn't ever want to change. Hassles and all. No life is free from misery. So the downsides of this, are mine in this life. So are the upsides. There are certainly worse fates :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I sort of pushed the button every time I purged in the past. I'm glad now those days are behind me. Actually such a hypothetical question actually anoys me if I were honest. It brings up a lot of bad old memories and feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    The flaw of that scenario is, there is no mention or guarantee that once your memories and desire to CD are wiped out that you would be harpy as a "normal" 100% masculine male.
    although, it kind of assumes that the rest of your life would be pretty much the same. So if only the crossdressing is what's keeping you from achieving what you want in life, then eliminating it actually would improve your life.

This is like asking a female it she would like to be 100% feminine all time and time and she will never done a pair of jeans etc.or anything traditionally related to males again.
    Not the same thing at all. Women don't generally put on male clothing trying to emulate men and look like one; they do it in order to either do certain chores, activities that would be easier in looser more comfortable clothing, convenience (wearing her boyfriend's shirt in lieu of a robe, his jacket because it's cold and it's either warmer than hers or she doesn't have her own with her), or as a fashion statement (Athletic wear, men's fedora, men's dress shirt worn as a dress, etc.).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Fakley View Post
    I used to think I would. I used to go to bed every night begging God to take this from me, but that never happened (not that I didn't try mightily on my own to make that happen).

As I've grown older, and perhaps more weary, I just don't have the energy to fight it anymore. This is who I am. This is who I have always been. To remove my female identity is to remove half (or more) of who I am. I would be a different person, and now that I think of it ... I like the person I am, and I wouldn't ever want to change. Hassles and all. No life is free from misery. So the downsides of this, are mine in this life. So are the upsides. There are certainly worse fates :-)
    This. My feminine side, however much she is, is not only a part of me, she is the best and the brightest part of me. Why be a horse when you are already a unicorn?

Yes, I would push the button. Even though I have a wife who accepts it, CDing is still very much a struggle at times. I am learning to accept it and myself, and that ultimately is my only real goal, personal acceptance. If I could press a button to be cisgender, without a doubt I would definitely press said button.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Not the same thing at all. Women don't generally put on male clothing trying to emulate men and look like one; they do it in order to either do certain chores, activities that would be easier in looser more comfortable clothing, convenience.............
    Really?
    Have we become so used to females wearing men's clothes that were have become oblivious to the fact to the fact that they are indeed trying to emulate men to one extent or another....... at least part of the time?

BTW I found this which pertains to how male and females deal with gender dysphoria differently ........

"For males seeking to explore the female society role, the first step is often cross-dressing. For women , the tendency is to explore being a tomboy. Why the difference? In society, the male role is a lot more restrictive. So, any outward expression of feminine traits brings immediate ridicule. In addition, men are not "allowed" by society to wear anything pertaining to the opposite sex. So, alone, at home, men exploring their gender identity will try on female clothing as an aid to imagining themselves as women, so they can act, move, and even practice speaking as a woman"

Yeah, it's that simple and by now we all know it but, sometimes it seems we forget.

So,the bottom line is....... men do indeed try to emulated women when " dressed" because it's deeply frowned upon for man to wear woman's.
    clothes while it's perfectly acceptable for a female to wear men's clothes.
    In other words, a male has no choice...... he either has to wear men's clothes or, emulate a women when wearing female clothes .

It's also possible that some male> female CDs are tuned on by the taboo aspect of it all...... at least to some degree. ...even it they are truly TG.
    Now.....I know its a touchy subject but, can a touch of "autogynephilia" actually be a part of what some of us feel..... even some TS?
    After all , we are all turned on by things that are taboo but, enjoyable to us.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 10-12-2015 at 09:35 AM. Reason: spelling

No I would definitely not push that button. Michelle has added a whole new dimension to life and I have met people and had experiences that I would not otherwise have had...and I enjoy every minute of being Michelle

As an earlier poster said, it is not easy being "different" but I love being different

Michelle
    xxx

NEVER! I gotta be me, and that includes both parts of my being.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

No.

O, i need a longer answer for a yes or no question.

No.

At one time i might of pushed that button now i do not think i would .I have come to an acceptance and finally enjoy what i do
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

No button pusher here. I look at it as a blessing. I live as a guy. But I get a lot of pleasure from CDing. The best of both worlds, you might say. I sort of feel sorry for guys who haven't tried it. When I'm all smooth and shaved and dressed up in a nice dress and heels, wig and makeup, and I look in the mirror, I am blown away. And I feel sorry for all the guys sitting in some smokey bar trying to get lucky. I have never even considered transitioning, but I wouldn't give up CDing for anything. What would I replace it with. It's a big part of my life, but not all of my life! And you can't get an STD from crossdressing. BONUS!

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    No, CDing definitely comes with it's problems but nothing else offers the pleasure it brings. Acceptance by the public would make it absolutey great.
    You put it very well, deebra, especially the last sentence. And no button for me.

I do like dressing up but having lived with crossing all my life like most here I would like to know what life would be like as just me. No thoughts about what clothing to buy, spending money that I probably shouldn't be spending and taking time away from life that could be better spent on other experiences. If the promise was to erase the urge and it would never come back.........I would press that button!