Thread: Conversations you wish you could reply to.

Conversations you wish you could reply to.

The other day at work two women were talking about how their husbands do not understand why they need so many shoes. They looked at me and said you probably don't either.

I wanted to answer so badly that I do, and tell them about my shoe collection.

One day our secretary was having trouble with her pantyhose staying in place. I was walking by her office when she was discretely trying to readjust them. She blurted out that they keep wanting to slide down. I just said tell me about it. She just laughed. As I walked away I just remembered the Halloween I went out with the wife and had the exact same issue.

Why I enjoy knowing these experiences it is hard not to be able to express my true understanding to them.

What conversations have you been involved in and what did you say, or not say?

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    There's been so many such conversations I wish I could join in on, especially about high heels and how to walk in them.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Yep, yep and yep.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

To many times !. Some comments i have replied jokingly and other times i just say nothing even tho i would love to say something
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    No women that don't know me have ever asked me about issues involving women. If I hear a conversation about women I just smile to myself and talk about it later with my wife.

I have the opposite problem, I have a coworker who knows I dress ( we've been out together) as the only female at the job, she has asked me for advice at times.

Banned Read only
    In reply to the OP, as a 'guy' I still have a huge shoe collection and knowing a lot of very well dressed dudes it's quite common, GGs I think love a guy who knows how to dress well (but like a guy LOL)...Lipstick or mascara conversations on the other hand, now those I would love to chime in on, but maybe not (yet) 😲

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Years ago, I got quite used to registering a blank expression I practiced in the mirror. Every time I hear anyone NOT a dresser say something like that? I automatically put that look on my face without even thinking!

Now that I had to tell my daughter? Whenever she mentions something about clothes, shoes, etc. I sometimes have a S-eating grin on.
    Which she HATES! Because of our DADT relationship.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I used to offer solutions to the womens various problems.

Stuck in an office full of them and trying to fix computers it is hard not to interact.

I do wonder if they ever suspected.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

i think we only begin to understand women and their clothing habits through our crossdressing and being out crossdressed.
    I think its unusual for women to do such "women's talk" in front of a guy anyway, so there right away may have been an invite - they probably know/sense/feel/wonder if you cd!
    I now realise why women need so many clothes and shoes, and am so impressed my SO manages on a tight wardrobe, which can only be down to knowing your colours and their combinations. Being a man-in-a-dress does allow me to join in the women's talk, so i get the best of both worlds!

xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I have been the 'Nail EMT' at my office before. I have had the ladies from accounting and some of the EAs come to me for help to salvage a damaged nail more than once... even if it was just to loan them my kit.

Now, I wasn't presenting as female at work, but between the colors and my own nails, word spread.

They 'guys' didn't notice much beyond my popularity with the female staff, which seemed to confuse them and brought me no end of satisfaction.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I just tell people I completely understand and I love shoes. I just don't specify what kind of shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    The other day at work two women were talking about how their husbands do not understand why they need so many shoes. They looked at me and said you probably don't either.
    I tell them I don't have to be a woman to understand; after all, I've been listening to them talk about their lves for so long. Then I add, that I suppose that they will understand why I still like to ride a motorcycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I used to offer solutions to the womens various problems.
    Same here. As we're exposed to their thoughts so much, it should be no surprise to them that we at least think about what we overhear.
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    i think we only begin to understand women and their clothing habits through our crossdressing and being out crossdressed. I think its unusual for women to do such "women's talk" in front of a guy anyway,
    Most of what I understand about women's lives has nothing to do with me being a crossdresser. I think a lot of guys here really overestimate how much they know about what it's like to be a female; dealing with the clothing and appearance is the least of it. As a quick example, not one of us (other than those who have started HRT) knows what the monthly hormone shifts do to how a woman feels about, well, everything. Depression from out of nowhere, increased sadness or irritation for no particular reason, and of course, the concept of 'needing a good cry' on a regular basis, which pretty much none of us really 'get'. Add in the water retention changing what she can fit in at different times of the month, swollen feet that won't fit back into shoes that were loose when she put them on this morning, menstrual cramps and the sometimes inconvenient lovely fluid discharge that goes along with it, carrying around a bag filled with ten pounds of 'stuff' everywhere all day every day, the constant feeling of need to check on if her make up/hair looks right, it goes on and on. WE HAVE NO IDEA. We only 'think' we do. Try watching a lot of 'what's in my bag' videos on youtube. Because unless you carry a purse ALL THE TIME you're not going to know what those girls go through. Sure, we know the routine stuff, brush, comb, wallet, tissue, pen, keys, compact/mascara. But we forget all the incidentals that accumulate, consider; old theater tickets, bagel/coffee shop punch cards for stores that have been closed for two years (but might reopen so she saves it anyway), dried out gum slices, pens that don't write 'but are cute' so she saves them, bobbypins/safetypins/clips/scrunchies/elastics, nail glue, mini nail polish bottles, hair spray, water, sanitizer, tampons, pantyliners, midol, motrin, tylenol, the 'stuff' list in unbelieveable.
    We get to 'play' with make up. They work at it, and I mean WORK. Consider watching the youtube make up tutorials that the girls give. Then consider how many hundreds of hours they spent sitting in front of that mirror trying out thousands of different combinations to get their 'look' just right. and how many thousands of times they had to wipe half their face clean and start again because they couldn't get one side to match the other. Girls with straight hair desperately trying to make it curl just right. Others with curly hair using heat irons to straighten it all out, both takes an hour or more, in the desperate attempt to look exactly how she wants, with each piece of hair in the exact 'right' spot. God, it must be maddening on those humid days when nothing stays the way it's supposed to, I remember hearing my sister yelling in exasperation at the mirror before going to school back when I was a kid. And they go through this every.....single....day. For decades. Sometimes many times a day.
    I had to study the dynamics of human sexual attraction because i couldn't figure it out. People have really made a science of it. I finally got it. I understand. But my likes and dislikes stay the same all the time. Imagine having who you're attracted to change drastically as your hormones shift during the month, but not knowing why; one day you really like going out with the nice, stable guy, two weeks later you can't stand him but get really hot for the bad boy who will break your heart (which you know, but can't help but be attracted to him anyway, while pushing the nice fellow away until the shift goes the other way another two weeks down the line). Insanity on a regular basis. I really don't think anyone but the bipolar folk have any idea of what that could be like.
    We really, really, have no idea.
    And, Pam, there are a lot of situations where a lone guy is pretty much considered part of the woodwork; women ignore that we're even there. I've been that lone male at my job for about 40 years, and I know that women forget I'm there, because I've been told so more than a few times. I mean, 12 women in the department in various roles, and me. I get forgotten alot, until they find a particular need for someone tall or strong.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-13-2015 at 02:07 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    " One day our secretary was having trouble with her pantyhose staying in place. I was walking by her office when she was discretely trying to readjust them. She blurted out that they keep wanting to slide down."

That's when I would have reached over her desk, grabbed her stapler and handed it to her. Quick solution.

But yes, sometimes I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying something that might cause people to wonder why I know so much about a subject men don't typically know about. Women's clothing and shoe sizes for example. One time my wife and her sisters were sitting around talking about what kind of bras they wore and one asked me what kind I wore (as a joke, I hope). Since I wasn't wearing one at the time, I just pulled my shirt up and said "None". The honest answer would have been "Ahh Bras" but I didn't want to go there.

Banned Read only
    Lea,
    I had a conversation with my counsellor about the merits of wearing tights, stockings and holdups.
    We both decided that we didn't like tights, I prefer stockings but she didn't like suspender belts ! On the subject of holdups she commented on a certain brand that let her down badly when walking across a car park, they were both round her ankles by the time she arrived at her office, I related a similar story.
    This whole conversation happened at my last session when I turned up underdressed in stockings and slipped a pair of heels on, she kept asking if I was comfortable knowing what I was wearing underneath and loved the heels !

On another occasion my sister in law called wearing a high pair of wedges, my wife commented on them and her sister replied that it made the arthritis in her toes more bearable, I have the same problem and said I know what you mean without thinking , they both looked at each other, nothing was said for a few moments and then the conversation moved on .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-13-2015 at 11:09 AM.