Thread: Fingernail length? How long?

Fingernail length? How long?

I let my fingernails grow out some. How far can I go before I get read?

I keep my nails about 1/4 inch past tip of finger and always at least clear polish, very few people notice, only women will say any thing about them and then it is always some thing nice. Been doing this for several years, I like the square nail tip, it is the strongest for not breaking. It take awhile to get use to long nails, now they are just normal to me. Marshalynn

Banned Read only
    Good post, I used to bite mine (like right off �� ) but now I can't stand clipping them, kinda hard to type even...I'd say mine are almost .5 cm past the fingertip (viewed from the palm) and so far no comment at work (mind you I tend to clench my fists and frown a lot LOL)
    Last edited by Katey888; 10-12-2015 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Prohibited content removed

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    These are mine and they are too long... (And French tipped as well). But seriously anything passed the end of your fingers will be noticed. May not be commented on but will be noticed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Call me Donna, please

Banned Read only
    Lena,
    I help my son with his house extension at the moment so every weekend I just survey the broken nails, so if they get past my fingertips I'm happy.
    I do love having nice nails but it goes with needing hairless hands again it's amazing how quick it grows back, I can go about three days before shaving them again !

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lena,

I have seen men with longer nails . . . rare but I have seen them. Are they CDers? Hard to say. However, most men even those who indulge in manicures will have shorter nails perhaps slightly beyond the tip of the fingernail at most. If yours are longer will you get read? As others have said noticed but perhaps not read.

Another way to look at this though is if you survey women in public you will find the length of nails vary as well. Everything from stubby nails to well coiffed French tipped nails. I present full time as a woman but keep my nails short because to be honest long nails are a pain in the butt so they are just slightly beyond the finger tips. However, so is every other woman's on the floor where I work . . . a coat of clear nail polish or light pink can make even the stubbiest of nails look nice.

Cheers

Marcelle

Donna. Your nails look absoutely gorgeous - I'm envious.

To answer the OP, I'm growing my nails out and have started to wear clear varnish. At first I was worried about what people would think but having recently come out to my SO, I really don't care what people think.

If someone has a problem with the length of your nails, who has the problem? Them or you?

On a more practical note, it has been said that one of the biggest giveaways of a CDers is their (manly) hands. Therefore, if you intend going out dressed, then growing out your nails should hopefully help in that area.

mine are long with sparkly white/pink polish (fingers and toes)...i must say that mine were notice as soon as i first put on even the clear polish....at the time (year and half ago) i explained it away saying it was just hardener....but as soon as i went pink and sparkly it was a dead give away so i just owned it....i like it and i will wear it 24/7. my wife gave me small diamond ring she had expecting me to put it on my right hand....it was too small so i added to my left hand next my wedding band...feeling very feminine now with fingers that look it.

Mine are long enough to get noticed but no one around me is intelligent enough to read.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    About as long as your finger tips. Less if you work in the trades or do manual labor, perhaps a bit more if you wear a stylish suit to work and are otherwise well groomed.

In a similar thread posted the picture of mine as they normally stay. Never had a negative comment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have seen many a fellow with nails way longer than would be expected in my line of work. I don't think you'll get read unless they are painted. Another person might think of you having poor hygiene though.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I am soooo jealous of you girls that can grow your nails, I work with my hands and its impossible to grow them, I love the pics you have sent in, when I change my job I will post some pics

I need to keep my nails fairly short because I spend most of the day on a computer keyboard, and long nails cause too many typos. I often wear red nail polish in male mode though, and "nobody suspects a thing."

currently.... long enough to probably begin suspicion. I haven't had comments. I haven't seen people gawk, but if I let them go any longer, that will probably change. I am going to file them down a bit tonight.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Thanks for asking the question. This is one that I have been thinking about a lot lately!

1/16" to 1/8" for me. I like to see light through em when I'm looking at palm side of fingers.