I'm sure some members here doubt that I'm transitioning. Or at least trying to. I've started late in life. I'm moving much too slowly. Why the hell is my avatar a damned motorcycle?

I was four years old when I first declared myself to be a girl. I remember going to bed and praying that a certain little appendage would fall off overnight so I could show my mother that I REALLY WAS A GIRL. In 1955, a kid got beaten for such nonsense. I tried everything possible to man up, to drive this perversion from my mind. Finally, I found I really could do this.

I drive a truck. When I get an hour break, I can't run to the doctor's office or lawyer's office to take care of a bit of business. Not when I'm in a different state. Then there's the minor fact that I'm a far cry from being rich. My late wife managed to make sure of that. At 64, I should be planning my retirement; instead, I'm hoping to be able to work another ten years. I now have my documents for name change and gender change. I've wasted most of this weekend trying to e-file the name change documents. I'm only a single peg above computer illiterate. I'd just take them to the lawyer, but I have to head to Indiana first thing in the morning. When I get back, I have to switch trailers and go to Nebraska. I have to do the name change before I can attempt the gender change. At least I have the letter from the doctor for that.

The Harley for my avatar. I'm ugly. I'm fat. I'm old. I'm not photogenic. Enough said.

I'm out at work, but have to wear a uniform. All my family knows. I've been told by my sister that I have to attend Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings in a dress.

I'm trying to get this moving faster. It just isn't easy.

Leah