Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdress and aging

Crossdress and aging

This thread may be a little disturbing for the elders in forum, but I don't want in any way to offend anyone. This is a subject that really concerns me. About to turning 50 the fact is that I am not getting younger and once in a while I catch myself thinking about this.

The other day I was trying a corset and noticed that it didn't look as gorgeous as a similar piece used to be 20 years ago. Then I noticed that my body is not as attractive as it used to do before. I still have a round butt but when I was skinny and had a small waist it looked like a girl's butt, but now it doesn't seem to be as appealing. Then looking at my shaved legs I can see that the skin is not the same anymore.

The point is that IN MY MIND, Luciana is a girl that will be young forever (probably at her 25) and she is very curvy and sexy. When I look at the mirror now I can see that she is starting to fade away because I am getting older while she is stuck at her 25. I don't know if my CD impulse will survive to my aging, but I keep thinking how I will feel when I look at the mirror and figure out that Luciana is not there anymore. I don't like to think about me as my grandma.

Anyway, regardless the CDing, I have this particular problem with aging. I hate the process. And I don't buy all the statements about the compensation of maturity, wisdom and such. For me aging is just an unfair process where my body will be taken off of me. And no matter what I do I cannot accept it. The CDing stuff just makes it harder to stand.

How do you handle this? Someone else has this problem with aging?

There is only one option to aging. Think about it. If you can afford it, go see a plastic surgeon to manage the cosmetic part.

At 67 i just accept it. That is not to say that i am happy that i cannot look as nice as the younger gurls, but it sure beats the alternative to aging.
    "Normal is just an illusion, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Addams

I think in our minds we're all "forever young." When I think of myself as a male, I think of me as a teenager. When thinking of myself as a female I see me in my early 20's. When I look in the mirror -- I see my Dad.

People look the way they're supposed to look. You've certainly known older people and it didn't bother you. Naturally it's because they're not you, but in fact we all have our own beauty, we just have to find it. (First step is self-acceptance.) Find some older people (and trust me, 50 ain't old...) that look appealing and figure out why -- what about them looks good? It's probably not that they try to cling to youth, but that they exhibit style and grace consistent with their age. Go for that.

I'm 67 and have been going out dressed on and off since I was 29. I sometimes look at old pics and think I look better now then I did when I was younger. I love the look of a classy older woman. Everyone has their own tastes.
    Terri

GG's get old and so does Luciana. Sorry but we all deal with it. Ill be 60 very soon. I do hope Katie as age fairly well, but she is not the girl I seen in the mirror 20 years ago.

I am now 70 yrs old. I have had the same thoughts at times, but I say to me, "live with it", The other alternative is illness, disability or death. I'll take what I have.

Jodi

Welcome to my world too.... I have to work at accepting the aging thing too. It isn't just with dressing either of course. I try to embrace it as much as I can though.

Funny how age doesn't seem to have slowed down Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Clint Eastwood, Dolly Parton, Betty White, Madonna, or even Cher one iota. Even RuPaul at 50+ is still very much the consummate glamazon, and as for Caitlyn Jenner - well, 'nuff said already....

Even at my advanced age (north of 65), I still prefer to look upon them as my role models as opposed to those folks who have already aged prematurely, both mentally and physically.

Let's be truthful here - the only "cure" for old age is either death (the "Final Frontier") or else dementia, in which case you become unaware of your present situation and revert back to mentally living in the past. Neither one is a particularly palatable option, and ones that I am not ready to submit to just quite yet.

So yes, "Leslie" is very much alive and kicking, and my pleasure in crossdressing simply continues to grow and evolve as opposed moving towards the downward slide.

At 51 one Stephj still goes for walks jumps rope and beats up on a heavy bag plus a lot of push ups 4 times a week may not be young any more but still trying to fight old age

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I will eventually be heading up there in age, 2 things I do NOW to prepare is this...

1.Find older role models...I actually see older gals that I say to myself wow...I want to look like THAT when I am older.

There are also real tg /cd gals out there I know too that I look up to, cause they look great !!!!

2. Take care of your skin now...moisturizer, vitamin C , and eye creme is your best friend .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Take pleasure in the fact that you are at the age you are as you get older. Only the lucky get to be "old"
    The best thing we can do is to watch our weight, eat right, get adequate exercise as we get older and dress our ages.... keeping in mind that all GGs face's age as they get older.
    BTW, I am now 68 and my avitar is a recent pic.

There is an old saying......." a person who worships youth denies themselves the future "
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 10-12-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Hi Luciana. I'd like to thank you for the recent series of VERY thought provoking Threads. I appreciate your honesty and ability to put your thoughts out to our world.

I am over 60 and yes, aging is a bit distressing. On top of aging, I have had to deal with a disability (leg braces) for 30 year. No heels for me! Frankly, I think I look better when I CD! Is it the magic of make up or just my crazy imagination. My SO thinks I look "beautiful", so I guess I can't ask for more. My hope is to age gently and graciously.

I am 52, and I tend to look to famous women my age who bear a little bit of a resemblance to me. That said, if I come off looking like Diane Lane, then i am happy. If I come off looking like Nathan Lane, then not so much...

b2158bea4e03be590f5d20ebf3542899.jpg 3639723_std.jpg
    Last edited by OCCarly; 10-12-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Well at 72 I am just as ugly as always. Never was or will be pretty. So it's the closet for me . hehe It is fun when I dress at home though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    There are also real tg /cd gals out there I know too that I look up to, cause they look great !!!!.
    gee thanks adriana, i know you're talking about me!!
    paula

I have always been young at heart, or maybe it is just a permanent immaturity? My body, skin and face clearly show the signs of aging, even though I always, as my Dad too, looked much younger for my age as I aged, and still do in male mode. I have also been able to always put major issues, after some suffering, quickly out of sight and out of mind in a short period of time. So, I am still awed at the transformation from male to female that I am able to accomplish every time that I dress up to go out. As I just mentioned in another thread here, I limit my serious "look at myself" time in the mirror to only making sure that I am at that point of "As good as I can do" and then maintain that presentation throughout the evening. Like you, a close look reveals the painful truth and I try to minimize that truth as much as possible. Yes, I do occasionally suffer that aging reality and then quickly put that out of my mind.

Tricks of the trade that many of us use include shape wear, proper fitting and stylish clothes and accessories to compliment what we have and act as camouflage for what we do not have. I use those to their fullest and am constantly looking for new tricks to help fool my truthful mind. As you can see from the posts before mine, many or most of us are much older than you and still flying high enjoying our moments, while at the same time hiding many unwanted truths. Good luck you are moving toward that other light at the end of the tunnel and other truth in life besides taxes. So, please try to enjoy all the moments you get and can create.

As I got older I got a lot smarter, and a lot less good looking. Ugly and smart is a lot better than pretty and stupid, if you ask me. So no regrets.

This is a great conversation and some very intriguing thoughts. I too struggle with the aging thing even as a guy. Just see things changing that disturb me.

When en femme, those pervasive thoughts seem to soften. I know this is just my mind playing tricks on me though. Even with the wig, makeup, etc…I am still just a guy wearing women's clothes.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I have always been young at heart, or maybe it is just a permanent immaturity? ...............
    My philosophy on growing older gracefully which I sometimes tell people is this........
    "Never fear getting older as only the lucky get to be old but, never forget what it like to be a child"

So, it's a great thing to be young at heart which is never to be confused with immaturity.

I would like to thank you very much for all participation and exchanging of thoughts! I am loving this community so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce P. View Post
    Hi Luciana. I'd like to thank you for the recent series of VERY thought provoking Threads. I appreciate your honesty and ability to put your thoughts out to our world.
    Joyce, I am glad that my provocations are being well taken here! I wasn't too lucky in the past in other forums. Seems that here people are too much more open mind. All these threads are part of my internal conflicts and stuff that I think in a daily basis. Sometimes I guess I think too much though!

Reality Check
    Laura says it all in post #2. If you are lucky, you too will eventually be an old crossdresser. Please have some dignity and don't try to dress like a twenty five year old when you are sixty five.

Yep, aging stinks. At least half the regular posters on this forum are past 40 I think, many are in their 60's, 70's. Hopefully most typically dress somewhat of their age. Nothing wrong with cheating it a little bit, but but micro skirts, thigh highs and 6 inch heels probably aren't a good look. Basically if it is not a good look on a GG (age related) then not a good look on a CDer either.

You say you are stuck at 25, in my head, I still feel 20, if that. I am 50, near 51. I will say this, I do have a somewhat youthful appearance for my age, but it isn't 20. I am talking about regular guy me too BTW. And I struggle hard to act my age, as well as regular guy me hehe. I haven't done anything to give me my youthful appearance other than an attitude that old age is going to take me kicking and screaming. Father time is knocking ever louder at the door, but I haven't let him in, he is going to have to break down the door and he will have one heck of a fight on his hands. In the end, he will win as he always does, but not without a fight. not internally anyway.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes moisturize your skin now.
    I have been doing it for 10 years now and people don't think I am as old as I am.

Banned Read only
    L:

There are a couple of old sayings:

"I'm not as young as I once was, but with any luck, I'm not as old as I'm going to get."

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

Words to carry with you, and I know as I will be 67 in a couple of months.

DeeAnn