Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you won a Million Dollars would you?

If you won a Million Dollars would you?

I have been thinking that if I ever won a million dollars and how I would spend it and I realized that I would be selfish and spend all the money that I got on transitioning from male to female. I think that is the major thing that prevents me from making the transition right now. I would do it in a heartbeat and make the changes.

I would invest it all and would retire immediately. Then I would start traveling with my wife and just enjoy life!

Nonetheless, probably I never will have this million dollars. The only way it could be possible would be if I won the lottery, inherited a fortune or robbed a bank. As I can't see nothing of this happening... just LOL!

Just remember that a million dollars doesn't go nearly as far as it used to. Since you're fantasizing anyway, it might as well be for several billion.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Living in Brasil and being a regular person not interest on blow the money by buying a Ferrari, yacht and such things, it would be the same as a standard American winning 20 million. Therefore in MY case I would be fine with this single million dollars! LoL!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    We can dream right??? I wouldnt transition...however I would get a full body lazer, and some facial feminization....thats about it...Ohhh...and a flat black bmw with black rims....I saw one the other day and I TOTALLY saw myself in it pulling up to the Vallet in my shiny skin tight black leggings, blazer, heels, and my clutch purse. xoxo
    Attached Images Attached Images

A million dollar win would likely havve 10% go to my local Pride Center. Whether they would want the cash out or an endowment would be up to them.

I am not interested in transitioning, so I might set up a fund to assist others who are in need.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

I know myself and I know my nature. I have already given away nearly $200k to my in laws in the Philippines in the past 15 years, set up multiple businesses there, put several younguns through college, and put my name on a financial sponsorship of a transgender beauty contest. I would blow all the money on setting up and owning the McDonald's franchise in my in laws hometown (which does not have one yet).

And yes I would transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    We can dream right??? I wouldnt transition...however I would get a full body lazer, and some facial feminization....thats about it...Ohhh...and a flat black bmw with black rims....I saw one the other day and I TOTALLY saw myself in it pulling up to the Vallet in my shiny skin tight black leggings, blazer, heels, and my clutch purse. xoxo
    Nice! I'm right there with you, although I'd be wearing the black leather skirt.
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

Let's see...
    Hair transplant so I can grow mine out.
    Electrolysis so I won't have to shave anymore.
    Facelift so I can look a little younger.

A little to add to the wardrobe and TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL.....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

ah, the million dollar dream....is there anyone who doesn't day dream about this even now and then? Myself, I would want it to be 100 million or so and i certainly would buy a really good size house out in the middle of no where and buy up all the land around it for miles. then I could get outside more often than waiting for this time of year to roll around, new car? check, more clothes? check, investments? check, and I would certainly try to help some people out but that would require some serious research and giving anything directly to them. I don't believe in charities for the most part because when CEO's are making six digits....there's a problem there.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

The financial cost of transitioning aside, winning money should not be a reason to transition just because you can. Transisitioning is a serious life decision and should not be made on a whim.

Reality Check
    As Donnalee posted, a million dollars isn't what it used to be. And don't forget the tax bite.

To answer your question, I wouldn't transition. It think in reality, money isn't what stops people from transitioning, it's personal relationships and history and the fact that just adding boobs, removing the penis and testicles, hair removal and facial surgery won't make most of us into that hot chick that we dream about.
    Last edited by Krisi; 10-12-2015 at 04:28 PM.

Banned Read only
    It takes way less than a million dollars to transition. I was waiting for that too, to be honest. I lost most of it in the market crash of '08 / '09. It wasn't necessary.

If you need to transition, just do it.

Reality Check
    Even if it costs way less than a million dollars to transition, I'm afraid there are many folks who cannot afford to do it, both financially and for other reasons.

Very interesting scenario, if I had the much money, I would transition.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

By the time it was converted to sterling it wouldn't sound as impressive. I'm already in the correct body so I would use it to live more comfortably.

I would definitely not transition. I am quite happy as I am, but it sure shows what a varied level we all have of cross dressing. We can definitely not be all put in the same sack.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Pay my house off and rent it out and buy another house.
    Invest some of it but not in the stock market.
    Give to close friends that need help.
    Live my life out in moderate comfort.

Right now I lead a pretty decent life. I have pretty much everything paid off. If I had a million, it would put me over the edge to be able to retire young and enjoy life more. I would not transition. Not sure that is completely what I would want.

First, I would go into work and give my notice.
    From there I would live life relaxing and enjoying myself.
    Not needing to splurge on major things.
    but remove the stress and pains of working every day.

No transition for me.
    not really desired for me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Pay off my debt which isn't much. By a new wardrobe. Retire and travel the world as Katie. Maybe get a boob job.

The job thing; I'd definitely be one to bring a recording of Johnny Paycheck's song 'Take this job and shove it' with me and play it loud and long at my place of employment, in my bosses office (she's been making our lives miserable of late).

However. Transitioning isn't in my future; becoming an old, homely woman really isn't going to improve on being an old, homely man. There's simply no way to fix my life at this point. If I were a teen and had a body that could be made to be a normal looking female, maybe. But I have no desire to be a monster; I have never seen ANY woman with my body type (think: Ben Rothlisberger, I resemble him).

But the money will make it easier to live with the problems that do exist.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would invest it in property, then use the proceeds to improve my lifestyle.

It is nice to be charitable but a million dollars really is not that much these days.

Investing it first can make the stash a lot stronger.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Pay off my bills, then invest what was left and hopefully move somewhere where I could live and socialize as a woman.

Hi Pam,

I suspect most of us would spend some on ourselves, so it's not totally selfish - if you bought a lottery ticket already supporting good causes, you've already given back something, in a way..

I'm certain that there are a host of other things the cash would go on without going anywhere near the T-word... but there would definitely be some awesome Girl's Nights Out to be financed... in the UK, North America and probably Down Under too...

It's a good thought to have for the day, however you could spend it...

Katey
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta