Thread: Why veracity matters

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why veracity matters

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Apparently the veracity of members is very important.
    It's confounding to me that so many believe that the veracity of members is NOT important.

I guess I just need to know something once and for all; Is the TS forum supposed to be a support forum for people that are TRANSITIONING or not?

Why is it sooooooo difficult to make a distinction between people that are doing the hard stuff and those who are not? There are no guitar forums where people who don't play guitar are allowed to pontificate on playing guitar. There are no motocross forums where people who have never raced are allowed to talk about what they would do in a race. Try it sometime.

I will not support the closeted in their effort to pretend they are not closeted. The very essence of transition is about NOT being closeted. Yes I understand that we all have our own timelines, but a 'timeline' suggests a measure of progress does it not?

Real? A picture of trans women out and about says nothing about transition. I know several people who may or may not be trans who go out 'dressed' all the time. Is that what this TS forum is about? Going out dressed? Outings? You wanna be out? Then be OUT.

Why are people who are on record as not being out at work, not changing their name, not putting themselves at risk, allowed to come here and say things like "GD never goes away"? does it matter to anyone (except me) that there are trans women here who have put everything on the line just to be free? Does that mean anything to anyone? Are people who don't want to come out at work because it's scary as hell really in the same boat?

I know why we are marginalized and discounted in real life, but why on this forum? Shouldn't this forum at least celebrate the people who would risk everything to be free? Does coming out mean anything in this 'community'?
    Last edited by Nigella; 10-14-2015 at 02:43 PM. Reason: circumventing the word filter is not permitted
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com