Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why veracity matters

Quote Originally Posted by LeaP View Post
    Why are people allowed to say things like GD never goes away?...
    A statement I made a month ago has taken on a life of its own. Unfortunately, the last part of what I said was ignored:

"...I think some vestige of GD will always remain."

That's "vestige," as in "trace amount" or "legacy." Does anyone transition and completely forget that they had GD?

If we want to talk about veracity here is what really &^*% me.

TS troping out the bog standard "I always knew I was a girl" line and then transitioning in their 50's after family etc. I'm out, full time, sure some of my clients still think I'm male but I now introduce myself as Kate and am working through my client list as they come in to tell them. My wife and I own our own business so there is no "HR" or bosses to tell. I work in pants and a buttoned shirt because you can't really work in anything else with animals (no, literally, I mean dogs and cats). Am I verified enough Misty?? But I will say that whilst IN HINDSIGHT, sure, I didn't fit in, wasn't quite at ease with other boys most of the time it was actually intellectual, NOT to do with gender. I had NO IDEA that what I was feeling meant that my internal sense of gender was female, there was no internet, the only TS and CD's in the news tended to be drag queens and I definitely wasn't gay / attracted to males nor into performing so clearly I wasn't "one of them". But did I know I was "really a woman", not even close. So yeah, I smell a bit of "retrospectoscope" rewriting of some peoples history when they come up with a whole heap of cliche's describing their feelings about their life. And it doesn't just come from wannabes it comes from transitioned and transitioners as well.

We are also not immune ourselves to the "veracity trap". Paula, you've lived being bigendered have you? Have a personal experience on how hard / easy / surely your just TS in denial? Sorry Paula and not necessarily trying to pick on you, I'm actually starting to enjoy your posts and like you a bit more recently (though seriously can we "close" the "closure" thread in LO, it's starting to make my head spin at 6 pages and trying to go back and remember the context of a comment is bringing on early dementia!). I have no doubt you have friends who are bigendered but it really doesn't give us the right to assume stuff about them or what they experience or feel other than what we observe.

All I'm trying to point out is that we do need to make sure that when we look into that mirror with our "honesty matters" card in hand, we also ask the really hard questions and examine ourselves and our own actions. We are not always without reproach.

But did I know I was "really a woman", not even close. So yeah, I smell a bit of "retrospectoscope" rewriting of some peoples history when they come up with a whole heap of cliche's describing their feelings about their life. And it doesn't just come from wannabes it comes from transitioned and transitioners as well.
    Did you see what you did there. Just because you did know you were "really a woman" does not mean that others did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Adina View Post
    All I'm trying to point out is that we do need to make sure that when we look into that mirror with our "honesty matters" card in hand, we also ask the really hard questions and examine ourselves and our own actions. We are not always without reproach.
    My integrity is absolutely beyond reproach. My blog is 100% unvarnished truth.

It is interesting that some are so offended by my simple little sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Paula, your post is very well written and sums up everything that I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    I know why we are marginalized and discounted in real life, but why on this forum?
    So, if we expect everyone to fit into a cookie cutter definition of what a transitioner is, we are marginalizing a good chunk of the transgender community. We are leaving out many people who don't conform to the norms expected to be a member of this forum, who in turn have nowhere to turn. Wait. The transgender community in real life does this too. Haven't genderqueers been marginalized by the trans community? Haven't the passable ones socially ostracized the non-passable ones? Haven't those who have suffered through more pain - worse dysphoria, more procedures, or more social difficulty - put down the ones who suffered through less pain?

Yes, this shit happens in the real life trans community, not just on this forum. It's really a shame that we as a community can't be more united. No wonder the whole world hates us. We must unite and put aside all our differences if we are to gain acceptance and tolerance in this world.

Genderqueers, or other trans people who don't fit the cookie cutter mold of being transgender, are often excluded from the real life transgender community. We don't really have a place for everyone else. I mean, we have MTF CD. We have transmen. We have the transsexual forum.

But what about the genderqueers?

What about gender fluids? Agenders?

What about those who want to live as a woman socially, but not medically transition?

What about those whose GD is relieved from a small dosage of HRT, and no need to socially or legally transition?

What about those who are genetically blessed and don't need FFS?

What about those who desperately need FFS but have no way of funding it?

What about those who transition in every way possible, but are content with their penis?

What about those who transition in every way possible, and need the whole gamut of procedures, but have to pick between FFS and SRS? They only have the money for one or the other, but desperately need both?

What about those that can't get surgery or HRT because of old age or serious medical conditions?

What about those who are underprivileged and live in states or other geographic locations where changing their name and/or gender is nearly impossible?

What about those who have special circumstances preventing them from changing their name and/or gender? Maybe it's employment. Maybe it's related to being in school. Maybe someone is torn about whether or not to keep their birth last name or change it to something else.

How about someone who was given a he/she name at birth, is content with their birth name because it passes as for both male and female, and doesn't change name, only gender?

What about the transitioner who really wants to save up as much money as possible before coming out at work, so if they get fired, they can have enough money to pay for FFS, SRS, electrolysis, HRT, food, rent, transportation, and the last minute emergency that costs $3000?

What about those who are lucky to still have jobs after coming out from work?

What about those who deliberately don't want to pass? Those who want to retain some male features, or those who have passing privilege who choose to come out to everyone as trans.

What about those who were lucky enough to gain a relationship after starting their transition?

What about those who in fact got their highest salary since transitioning?

Have you ever considered that stuff that could go wrong during transition is not conventionally related to transition, such as bronchitis? Or the death of a family member? I mean, life still happens on life's terms while transitioning.

How about those that just don't believe in putting themselves back into another box after transitioning?

How many of you can honestly say you answered "yes" to any of the above questions? Just one. Even if none of the other situations apply to you, you can relate to just one of them. Maybe you're the transitioner who was lucky to keep your job, but you lost your wife, and went through the whole set of procedures. But you don't fit neatly into the box of what is considered to be a transitioner, because you still have your job. I would imagine that way more of us don't fit neatly into the classical box of what a transitioner is supposed to do, look like, and experience. Maybe we all do, in some way or another. Humans are diverse and hence why transgender people do exist. Transgender people are just as diverse, and may variations exist within our community. There is no one-size fits all transgender person, or one size-fits all transsexual.

Maybe it's time we change the name of this forum to the "Transgender Forum", and we encompass all identities. And this section is appropriate for all general transgender related discussions, including questioning your own identity, gender dysphoria, coming out, social transition, victories, difficulties. We could keep the "Transsexual Body Issues" for discussions of HRT, electrolysis, and surgeries. And we can add a "Legal Transition" section for discussions around the legal aspects of transition. This, btw, is just a suggestion. I'm not trying to tell the mods here what to do, and I don't want to come across that way. But this idea is just a suggestion. Oh, and no matter how we would end up re-organizing the forum (or just keeping it as it is), I believe we should include everyone who identifies and goes through at least a part of the process, and go with the innocent until proven guilty. Asking people to "prove" their legitimate, and forcing people to comply to a rigid definition of what constitutes transition, is only going to either (a) exclude people who really need this forum, or (b) or result in people lying so that they can either prove themselves or lie to sound like they fit the rigid mold of what a transitioner is.

How can we ask for the world to accept us for being diverse if we can't accept the diversity within our own community?

Shouldn't this forum at least celebrate the people who would risk everything to be free?
    Shouldn't this forum at least celebrate the people who risk everything to be free, but don't follow through with all procedures? Shouldn't we celebrate the transitioner who came out at work, lives 24/7, but elects to not go on HRT, get electrolysis/laser, and no surgeries? Shouldn't we celebrate the people who risk everything, but take their good old time in doing so? Shouldn't we celebrate the people who calculate their risks and execute them slowly, as well as those who risk everything all at once?

Why are people who are on record as not being out at work, not changing their name, not putting themselves at risk, allowed to come here and say things like "GD never goes away"? does it matter to anyone (except me) that there are trans women here who have put everything on the line just to be free? Does that mean anything to anyone? Are people who don't want to come out at work because it's scary as hell really in the same boat?
    I only wish Cody could be a member of this forum and post. He would probably be laughing at the ways some of us here want to put ourselves, and everyone else, back into boxes. Isn't the point of transition to be your authentic self, and not to put yourself into another box? Even if you end up transitioning into a very binary identified, femininely dressed, feminine featured, feminine behavior woman who has had every procedure possible and legal name & gender change, well good for you, because that's who you are hopefully, and you weren't just trying to put yourself back into another box - the box of extreme femininity. Yeah, Cody wouldn't be too happy with the idea of someone having to legally change their name or gender to be considered a transitioner, full-time, or anything else. Why? Because Cody can't afford to pay the $700 court fee to change his documentation. Some higher income transitioners have an easier time coming up with $700, and lower income transitioners can get the court fee waived in Los Angeles County. But some of us make too much to get a waiver, and too little to afford the court fee. Perhaps someone from this forum who believes you must change legally change your name and gender to be considered RLE or full-time could give Cody $700 so he can legally change his name & gender.

Finally, I am a firm believe in innocent until proven guilty. Maybe there are some people who in spite of living and being raised in the United States believe in guilty until proven innocent. I will say this. Every one here who believes we should ask someone to prove that they are transitioning will never get picked for jury duty, for you can simply say that you believe the defendant is guilty until proven innocent. Obviously, anyone who believes that you need to prove yourself before posting believes that you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 10-16-2015 at 02:19 AM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Yeah, I know exactly what I said and did there Emma. I also am acutely aware of the issues surrounding retrospective analysis of even objective data let alone subjective data. I have no doubt there are some individuals who knew that from day dot. What doesn't quite wash for me is when someone expresses that in the same cliched phrases that are littered through TS literature and internet boards. If you have a story tell it in your own words, not someone else's.

Misty, it has been my experience in life that many of those who are adamant about their own integrity seem to be trying to justify it to someone. I was merely trying to point out that even those of the highest integrity and honesty will constantly question themselves on that integrity and honesty.

Cody can absolutely join this forum. TS forum is open to all
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

I had no idea what i was either Adina..

I spent my time wishing i was a girl but knowing what a transsexual was...as i developed i thought i was a kinky freak..i just kept my mouth shut..

i found out about transsexuals and i thought they were "allowed" to live as women because they were sex workers or dancers...

and even today that 40 plus year journey of cluelessness causes me to have difficulty saying "i'm a woman" out loud without a feeling of shame and confusion...

+++++++++++++++
    and my transition went pretty great!!! i'm thrilled i did it and it saved my life...
    i didnt care how brutal it was...it was a brutal 2-3 years...but i had to do it, i kept my head down, planned it well and executed it...
    and it all came together as everyone around me saw me succeed and i just basically felt normal for the first time...

++++++++++
    so i hear you totally... i literally i had no idea and in some ways i still dont.. ...and i think it definitely impacts how i view the ts experience...and in my 40's as i got to know lots of people that were transgendered, i was heavily discouraged outside of my therapy to think of myself as transsexual...looking back that's how i learned how little most crossdressers really know

and because of my experience i always view this through the lens of gender dysphoria... and i learned over time that unless you are transsexual, you don't feel the GD the way transsexuals feel it... and its literally an incomprehensible thing to people that have not felt it...

and so when a ts person says things about what they will or won't do, i know that they are not going to ever be able to control GD,its going to do what it does...
    and i know its just all bluster that is not being realistic about the future...
    I am real

Quote Originally Posted by Adina View Post
    Misty, it has been my experience in life that many of those who are adamant about their own integrity seem to be trying to justify it to someone..
    LOL

So, ...only on a forum like this can somebody be maligned for trying to be as honest as they can. People who hide behind anonymity throwing stones at people who post their real names and pictures.

I swear this argument is getting increasingly bizarre. I would love to flip the lights on in this place.
    Last edited by Badtranny; 10-16-2015 at 07:29 AM.
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

GG Married to a MtF TS
    I have always tried to be supportive in every way I possibly can to people in general and especially people who are struggling. This is my nature and frankly has gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years. I don't feel free to post on this thread because I am pretty sure I am one of the people being discussed who aren't qualified to comment since I'm not going through transition myself, but at this point I feel like I must.

I just wanted to say a few things that strike me and you can take it or leave it. The original post talks about being able to distinguish between those who are doing the hard stuff and those who are not. I hide my pain well and compartmentalize pretty much everything in my life. I have lived through horrific abuse in my past and not very many people know my story and they certainly do not see my pain. Trust me when I say that living in a small town in the deep South, attempting to maintain a private life, while raising kids and doing the things we need to do to strike some balance in our relationship is very challenging for me and my wife. We navigate our life by communicating way more than is natural for me and there are days I feel like I am at my breaking point.

For someone to say that my wife is not doing the hard stuff because she is trying to keep her family intact is insulting. She and I both do not judge someone who has to live their particular truth in other ways and has no other choice but to share their truth openly or die. I feel nothing but compassion for everyone who struggles with GD and am heartbroken when I hear the stories of ridicule, abuse, and great personal loss. My wife struggles to strike a balance in her life every day. I don't understand the exclusive attitudes expressed in this thread and in this forum in general. I have met a lot of people who are on this journey. Each individual has their own story, moves at their own pace, and has a different destination based on their needs. I think all of these paths are valid, they all bring something to the table, and they all deserve to be heard. If you make the decision that only people who have "put everything on the line" by your particular standards deserve to be heard, then that is your prerogative.

The original post said "The very essence of transition is NOT being closeted." My wife works from home and dresses the way she chooses both at home and when going out, she wears only female clothes and has for years (she has a very non overt gender presentation, but so do I), she has disclosed everything to her employer and her family, she changed her gender marker but not her name, she is on HRT and has a confirmed date for GRS next year. If ONLY doing these things that I have listed (which is not an all inclusive list) means my wife is not a "transitioner" by your standards, then so be it - my wife is not in transition. This doesn't change the fact that she is doing what she feels she needs to maximize her control over her GD while minimizing any negative impact on her life (which includes those whom she loves). Period. No need to use the term transition when referring to what she is doing. You can own it. You can have it. We don't need it.

My wife amazes me every day. She spends countless hours counseling other people who experience GD and does her best to be supportive and available. Some of these people have been suicidal and she has at times been their only source of support. She is working with her H.R. department to eliminate existing transgender surgical exclusions in a multi national corporation with over 25,000 employees. She is also working with them to put procedures in place to better support transgender employees to ease the process of transitioning at work. She no longer comments on the forum because she has been torn to shreds in the past and she has moved on and is supporting her community in other more meaningful ways.

I don't understand the need to continuously put people in their place when their approach doesn't match either a common narrative or your particular approach. You can consider that you have, in fact, accomplished this with us. Now you may pat yourself on the back and feel good about your personal sacrifices and your specific definition of transition and sleep good at night knowing that you 'showed us how it's done'.

Obviously there is no need for me to visit the TS section of the forum anymore. I will go back to my daily struggles and know that any support that I seek on how to navigate the mine field that exists in my life today will likely not be found here.
    Last edited by Kimberly Ann; 10-16-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Silver Member

I swear this argument is getting increasingly bizarre. I would love to flip the lights on in this place.
    OMG, I love the mental picture invoked by that last bit!

As for bizarre, how about the point being missed? The responses in my companion thread are really interesting in that they show that transition-related discussion is crippled here - regardless of where the responders stand on other content and participation! NO MATTER WHAT, even if people think the problem IS transitioners, transition discussion isn't working.

The whole deal with this Transgender movement as of Late is it's so Dam New and undiscovered in so many places and with all the different people on this site and we are mostly from different country's we could NEVER get together on one page in my opinion . For the simple fact of what works for you where you live may not work for me where I live. An it might seem I am always talking about my state or town and how it's different BECAUSE it is,, An I am sure where you live it's not the same as mine.

Resources , Doctors,, Therapist, Pharmacist , Groups, Clubs, Venues, On and On,,, So there is no way we will all EVER get along and agree with one another on anything including HRT an what kind and how much and what for . It all works different for everyone and everyone has a different agenda on what and where there going or where there trying to get. Maybe some just want to go the distance and become a total woman and live there life . Some may get to a point where they are comfortable with who they have become some where between and stop and live that out,, Now matter what we all do only thing we do have in common is we all admitted to someone Doctor, Therapist, Group, Spouse, Family or at least the most important person ourselves that WE are TRANSGENDER !

So that being said how far you or I go with that piece of information that we have said self admitted is yet or will be seen,, So thinking other than that is just a total waste of time in my book,, I hope all of you Luck in this deal,, I would be Happy just to feel good like I am now and ride this pony out !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

@Stacy - Plenty of us here are from within the United States and still can't agree. In fact, even people from the same state can't agree.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Untitled
    There will NEVER be agreement on this forum. We cannot verify anyone's experience, do you know that I have had surgery? I have posted such, but apart from two other members here, one of whom is biased anyway, how does everyone else know that what I have posted I have experienced?

What I find disrespectful is those who knowingly post their "experiences" when they really have not a clue. The only way we can be sure is by checking their own contributions on this forum and observing their own lack of knowledge due to their own admission of where they are or what they have done.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I'm just going to reply to Badtranny, as much as I want to cover some other responses, due to time, and well I think these are the most important points to respond to.

It's confounding to me that so many believe that the veracity of members is NOT important.
    Do you know why? Because on the internet individual veracity isn't all that important. It really isn't....because we have MULTIPLE sources of info and can see what the overal consensus is. Besides, there is no "One True Path", or "One True Solution".

I guess I just need to know something once and for all; Is the TS forum supposed to be a support forum for people that are TRANSITIONING or not?
    I think the Safe Haven is more transition-focused, don't you think? So that really isn't much of a problem, is it.

Why is it sooooooo difficult to make a distinction between people that are doing the hard stuff and those who are not?
    Is it really an issue? I don't really see a plague of non-trasitioners giving advice on transition matters. They tend to be asking questions, not answering them. You know damn well that they aren't commenting on hormone levels or the merits of patches vs injections, or FFS doctors or whatnot.

But that doesn't mean non-transitioners don't know "anything". For example, I know patches are safer than pills for older folk. And I wouldn't recommend Dr. O for FFS because of the cookie-cutter look in his girls that's easily recognizable.
    Non-transitioners are quite capable of pointing people to resources.

I will not support the closeted in their effort to pretend they are not closeted.
    Who's pretending?

Why are people who are on record as not being out at work, not changing their name, not putting themselves at risk, allowed to come here and say things like "GD never goes away"?
    Because it doesn't for some people. Yes, I know of transitioned folks who have said it hasn't gone away entirely...for them. Everyone's an individual you know. Your experience is not their experience.

does it matter to anyone (except me) that there are trans women here who have put everything on the line just to be free? Does that mean anything to anyone?
    What do you want, a ticker tape parade. You've transitioned, congratulations. Not much more than that can be said. Besides, we both know that socio-economic status has a LOT to do with whether someone transitions or not.

Are people who don't want to come out at work because it's scary as hell really in the same boat?
    Hey! We both know that transition costs money! If someone loses their job because their workplace isn't trans-friendly then they would have less resources for transitioning, right?

I know why we are marginalized and discounted in real life, but why on this forum?
    No one's marginlizing you, they're just not giving you a throne to be the Queen Bee.

Shouldn't this forum at least celebrate the people who would risk everything to be free? Does coming out mean anything in this 'community'?
    Sure it means something, it was a good thing for you, wasn't it? That's something to be celebrated as what it is. But once it's done, it's done. Do want a crown and sash? Do you want to be called Transition Princess Melissa and have people curtsey when they speak to you?

LOL
    People who hide behind anonymity throwing stones at people who post their real names and pictures.
    Excuse me? There are transitioned folks here who suggest NOT using real names here to help keep privacy and the ability to woodwork an option. I used to append my real name to every post, but it was a TRANSITIONED TS who suggested to me that might not be a good idea. So who should we listen to, you, or her?

No one elected YOU (or anyone else) Queen Bee. You should know better than to say stuff like that.

Veronica
    Last edited by Nigella; 10-16-2015 at 01:11 PM. Reason: We are not dragging up the past
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

May an outsider say a word here? I sometimes comment in this forum even though I'm not transitioning, or even TS, but am a distant relative to you all. I love this forum because you are people who have opted for the big roll of the dice. Some of you have bet everything on the roll, some have bet less, but I find the whole enterprise to be very moving. It's dangerous, joyful, fearful, liberating--with an uncertain outcome. You are lovely people. I honor you.

Missy is one of my favorites here. She's always worth reading because she comes straight from the shoulder. She's entitled to her honesty because it has been purchased with pain and suffering. Of course being honest doesn't mean she's always right. Honesty exists at a different level than right and wrong. But honesty--purchased at such a price--is a rare thing and a value in itself, and needs to be acknowledged.

Silver Member
    Good points, Nigella - except that in your case, I don't care. Not in the personal sense, but because you are a moderator. I take your reality for granted. Sandra also provides a wonderfully believable partner-in-posting (besides being a mod herself). I suppose, as I have done in other cases, that I could unearth the details of your real life. But I don't feel the need to do so.

Agreement isn't the point of veracity, though. Bona fides is the point. I may not agree with something you say about transition, but I guarantee that I WILL pay attention and give it consideration because you've done it and I have not. You and Sandra have a certain importance to me, in fact, because your marriage has survived.

Woman first, Trans second
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn cd View Post
    Missy is one of my favorites here. She's always worth reading because she comes straight from the shoulder. She's entitled to her honesty because it has been purchased with pain and suffering. Of course being honest doesn't mean she's always right. Honesty exists at a different level than right and wrong. But honesty--purchased at such a price--is a rare thing and a value in itself, and needs to be acknowledged.
    Everybody is entitled to be honest - that doesn't have to be earned. In fact, all Misty's really after (at least as far as I can tell) is for everybody to be honest. Honest with themselves and each other, about the nature and value of their experience or lack thereof.

Incidentally...

May an outsider say a word here? I sometimes comment in this forum even though I'm not transitioning, or even TS, but am a distant relative to you all.
    alanis_ironic.jpg
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
    In fact, all Misty's really after (at least as far as I can tell) is for everybody to be honest. Honest with themselves and each other, about the nature and value of their experience or lack thereof.
    Well, it's nice that a few people understand, unfortunately you're not the people that I'm trying to reach. :-)

People are getting waaaaaay too upset and I don't think I'm helping the matter.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Gold Member
    Trying to look globally, it is one of those things that if you can't tell who an individual a person is replying to, you may not know exactly which point they were talking to. Some (maybe many) are very clear, no doubt. Other's may not be as direct and the confusion in threads like this can skew logarithmically. A person comments after there have already been several and everyone thinks they are talking about their point. I know I could be in that mix. In my mind I remember someone directly telling me X, but it could have been less direct and a reply to combination of comments from multiple people/threads. Eventually you hit the point that a reboot is the only possible move forward. The problem with a linear, and typed, conversation in what is more like group talk.

Lovely picture of you Sue.

Gold Member
    Thank you Becky! I was going with the "be real" theme and saw a few people posted with signs, including yours. My thoughts went to how in the movies and TV, if a person wanted to validate that their picture was current (or time travel themes, the date in the future or past), they would take a picture with a newspaper. I thought using Misty's picture, which was current, had more panache since she started this thought process and it honored her thought.

That said, we will never have pure validation. So in a forum like this, everyone does need to use care in taking advice. Out in the open forum, I think the problem is minimized as you get a group view and one person giving garbage advice will get called out. The danger is taking your help from PMs. PMs are great for side, personal conversations, but real assistance probably should be out in the open.

And Becky, keep rocking that authenticity! The good stories make me cry as much as the bad. We need to give everyone hope along with the warnings of what can go wrong. If they only get the negative (and they need that visibility), then things like despair can set it which can create negative outcomes by itself. Balance in all we say, balance in all we do.

May an outsider say a word here?

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
    Incidentally...

alanis_ironic.jpg
    And that kind of sums it up. If you're honest about yourself and you don't meet someone's litmus test for transness you get insulted. Is this supportive?

insulted for being honest??
    that's a dishonest statement..

that simply does not happen..

earlier you shot out some general insults and got it right back...you stepped back from your comments saying they were in the heat of the moment
    and now you say your position is that you were insulted for honesty and "litmus tests" thats dishonest...

people don't get insulted... they feel invalidated... people don't get insulted, they get called out
    people don't get insulted..they get their feelings hurt if someone disagrees with them..

if insults do fly, its not for honesty and sharing of experience..

====================
    you want something that actually is ironic??

the harping on "everybody is different" and "all points of view are valid" stops when that difference is about somebody that is direct, caring, unflinchingly honest and undoubtedly successful at transtion, has a strong point of view and is willing to engage people in a grown up way is viewed as a problem.

thats ironic...and frankly not in the funny kind of way
    Last edited by Kaitlyn Michele; 10-17-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    I am real

My opinion

The hell with it!
    I was going to keep my nose out of this mess but!
    Everybody is right everybody is wrong.
    Personally I don't come on hear for validation I come hear to share my journey. No matter how stupid I sound sometimes. It's my journey!
    I don't give a rats ass if someone thinks I fake. I have enough stuff to deal with. Trausition is a big thing or at least I think.
    I give people the option to pm me to ask questions if they want.
    To be honest I don't have a clue what I'm doing and I'm just playing this by ear.
    This site has helped me find myself and there is a lot of good people hear willing to help.
    The big thing is not to take advice and run with it. Feel it out and do what's right for you.
    If I take 5 years or 9 mounths to come out or a women then so be it. It's my journey.
    Some never come out.
    Some are total fiction.
    Some are just here to get there kicks or whatever.
    My cat could join and say she is Transgender. Do make up,post a few pictures and away she go's.
    (My cat is not on here just so you know��)
    Who knows it's the Internet for Petes sake.
    Sometimes going on a witch hunt is can do more damage then good. It generates, mistrust ,anger confusion and any help that could have been given is now lost.
    That is the vibe I have gotten hear over the last little wile.
    Some women hear like misty are brutally honest sometimes and have no fear of saying what's on their mind. And that is a good thing in my opinion it tends to keep people honest and it probably scare away the fakers.
    To me that's fine. That is who they are. Live with it. That's what I do.
    And if it gets to much fight back don't go run in a corner and cry.
    You are going to face a lot more tougher things in you transition then what someone said or thinks of you on the Internet.
    I closing I would just like to say this is a good place with a lot of good people on hear that want to help.
    Transgender and cross dressers included.
    Let's keep it up. If it were not for this place I would probably be pushing up daisies.

Just my thoughts
    Not yours
    Julie j summers
    Last edited by Nigella; 10-17-2015 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Swearing has been edited out, no need to celebrate its use