Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did something happen to make you cross dress or was it natural

Did something happen to make you cross dress or was it natural

Morning Ladies

I was wondering if your crossdressing was natural or did it just happen?

I can always remember when playing hide and seek, getting into a dress to hide amongst the clothes in the cupboard / wardrobe thinking i would blend in and couldn't be found or was it i just liked wearing the clothes that had a nice feeling and made me want to dress. But, for as long as i can remember from childhood i always wanted to dress, sit on the vanity sink wearing womens clothes and putting lipstick on looking around and seeing if i was being watched?

Thats my story whats your's

Julie

For me it came natural. I never played dress up as a kid or anything like that. I'm glad it did though, life would be boring without CD'ing lol

Um. The only memories that I can recall that maybe had something to do with my dressing was, when I was around 7 or 8 I was at a church camping trip. If someone at that camping trip misbehaved, they's be forced to wear a little blue dress for the rest of the trip. I honestly believe that sexual arousal comes well before the age of 11 or 12. Next, I remember reading the school dress code and it stating "no skirts shorter than x length allowed". The word "skirt" was always a trigger word to me, I had no idea why. I then realized I wanted to wear one.

I also recall wondering why my mother never wore dresses or skirts and trying on her pants at around age 11.My mother was very controlling and domineering though. She'd always be the one to kick my dad out of the house for the stupid stuff he did. She once forced my brother and I to sleep in trash together when we were around 8. She's a great mother now, but when I was a child, no way.

Of course, you can't be sure what "caused" your crossdressing.
    Last edited by mikeyp; 10-16-2015 at 03:16 AM.

Hell-o Julie,
    I never had any type of event in which I was forced, or asked, to dress in girls clothes.
    The only thing that "happened" was that I found myself home alone, with my hands in Mom's
    lingerie drawer! Then into her closet!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I believe it was always in me.
    I seem to remember my first desire was at about 6-7 years old.
    I was with my parents at a J C Penney store in the shoe department.
    Looking at the girls shoes I knew wanted my own pair and wondered why I couldn't.
    I was smart enough to know at the time it was a "Don't ask Don't tell" situation.

Aspiring Member
    I didn't wear any women's clothes until about 15. I have tried to analyse the causes but all I can come up with is something that happened quite a few years before that. A beautiful girl in school I was completely obsessed with was sent away to a residential school, and I fantasised about being with her, which I could only be if I was disguised as another schoolgirl. How my fees would be paid was overlooked in this. Now, 50 years later, I still never fantasise about BEING a woman, and just love looking good in womenswear and the physical sensation of wearing these clothes and being good at acting as a woman. I have no problems with anyone knowing I am a man when I am out dressed. I would much rather be complimented on how good I look in an outfit than by how convincing I look like a woman. I still likke getting compliments on the standard of my acting as a woman - but the critical thing here is that it is ACTING. This seems to put me in a minority on this site.

It is so natural always done it and my feelings since I was very young have been female. If it was in todays society I believe I would be changing gender

It was more natural for me I just saw some of my sisters clothes and I like them better than my clothes they felt better on that's when I started crossdressing I was about 10 years old

It was just natural for me. Trying on my mothers tights. The rest is history lol.

Platinum Member
    Hi Julie, I guess that it was just natural for me as I've been in this program for over 68yrs.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

You're asking a question to which many of us would like to know the answer, Julie.
    Wearing panties was a fetish for me for like over a decade, and then one day, not really sure why, "meggings" came up in conversation with my SO, and suddenly the CD bloomed, age 54, go figure.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

nope, no big traumatic event, just a natural four-year-old's curiosity

Silver Member
    Ah, I remember it well. I was out back, chopping wood, scratching myself, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, out of nowhere a big pink and purple orb of energy appeared. It came toward me. I dropped the ax and ran. It was too fast. It enveloped me. As I screamed, I noticed my pitch change. I fell and passed out.

When I came to, my jeans had been transformed from wrangler tough skins to Chic brand skinny jeans. My underware had been changed from BVDS to Calvin Klein french cut. My flannel shirt had changed to a fuchsia angora sweater, and my hiking boot had changed into knee high slouch boots with a 3 inch heel. My chest felt constricted, but as it turned out, my t-shirt had turned into a cute lace lined playtex bra. And I've never been the same since.

No, I still remember borrowing my sisters panties and bra back in grade school. Can't really even remember what grade, 6th or 7th? A bit more in high school. Then late in college once or twice I wore some of my girlfriends stuff. Then periodically throughout my adult life. Once the internet hit, I read a LOT. Periodic dressing purging swearing it off, till about a year ago, after some personal changes, losses and age related milestones, I Finally said "What am I waiting for", and really shared more deeply with my spouse and stepped it up. Right now, I'm pretty happy, love going out, and am working it out with my wife fairly well.

Is it natural? I can't really say, but it feels more right than ever before.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 10-16-2015 at 07:41 AM.

I always had a natural inclination to be in the "girl's club" so to speak. Ever since I can remember I wanted to just be one of the girls. When I was little I had a cowboy and a cowgirl figure. I used to pretend that the cowboy got transformed into the cowgirl by a Native American medicine man for punishment but the cowboy actually thought it was a reward. Those feelings were mine being projected onto the toys. Once also when I was younger I found a dress in a closet that just fit me. My Mother explained it was one my Uncle used once for trick or treating, so I put it on and went running around the neighborhood. The neighbor ladies thought it was cute and proceed to tell me I needed makeup and have my hair curled to make a cute girl. I just sat there eating it up. This really didn't start me though and when puberty came around the need for feminine expression only intensified. Basically I didn't need a reason to do it as it felt like a part of me. I eventually became the woman I wanted to be many times over.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Natural curiosity. I remember questioning, at a very early age, why girls could wear dresses and boys couldn't. I never got a solid answer.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

The earliest time I can remember anything I would have been 5 or 6 maybe and my mom put her lipstick on me, whether I asked "for a turn" I don't know but my guess is most likely. Roughly around the same age I started using my sisters lipstick because I had the desire to do so but didn't know why.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Great thread. I feel in the company of kindred spirits.

By the time I was 10, I had worn my mom's entire wardrobe - way to much free time alone for a young boy...and no other females in the house.
    As I explore my gender issues deeper in the last few months, I have realized there were many earlier times as young as 5 years old, where I just wanted to wear what my mom was wearing or know what the other little girls in class had on underneath their outside clothes. I developed a sexual fetish and intense sexual fantasy life which had some run over my life for decades (until about 7 years ago when I utilized a 12 step program for getting sober from lust.)
    Today, I believe it was my way of trying to manage my gender fluidity or twin spirited nature.

On the other hand, the hows and whys of history become less important as I learn to accept and express my true twin spirited nature....yippee!!

Peace
    EvaLyn

Reality Check
    I suspect it was because my mother really wanted a daughter and dressed my in girl's baby clothes when nobody was around (she mentioned that in a booklet to the entire family before she died) and she used to make me wear dresses that she sewed for her nieces so she could mark the hems.

I don't remember the baby clothes of course, but I suspect she was nicer to me dressed as a girl than when she had to dress me as a boy.

Natural!

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I was out driving one night very late. It was a dark and stormy night. Friday the 13th as I recall. As I stopped at a stop sign (old fashioned concept isn't it?) there was a bright light ahead. It drew me in. I had no choice. I entered the shoe store and my life was forever altered. It was a close encounter of the shoe kind. I guess you could say I was pumped. More like Mary Jane'd.

Well actually I was captured by crossdressing as a result of trying to find a place for my beloved SO to have glamour photos taken. I found a place, the photos were fabulous, makeup, outfits, poses, background, the women looked FABULOUS. And there were videos of the photoshoots. I clicked on one .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................
    IT WAS GUYS!!!!!!!!
    And (where did this come from???????) it looked like FUN!

That was three years ago just about exactly and I haven't stopped yet. Still having FUN!
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 10-16-2015 at 09:54 AM.

Yes was totally natural, like most here, curious and into moms things at an early age. I do recall watching a show around the age of 7 or 8 where they were discussing gender reassignment surgery and I was totally captivated by that.

My older sister did dress me up in tutu once as many big sisters do to torture their little brothers, but she didn't realize how much I actually liked it, and how her lingerie drawer became my favorite place to try stuff on a few years later.

Charlotte

Oh god. I also remember seeing a show about GRS when I was about 9 or 10. I was completely fascinated by transsexuals, but I never could and still can't put my finger on why. It wasn't like a "that's me!" moment. It was more of an erotic feeling. I was captivated.

Government mind control!!!! jk and oh god, the tutus. I'm still obsessed with tutus. The ultimate "girly" item. My ultimate weakness. Me in a tutu, or a chick in a tutu and some heels. Kills me every time.
    Last edited by mikeyp; 10-16-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Banned Read only
    I don't think there is a singular event that will cause a man to dress in women's clothing as a lifetime activity. I was never forced to wear girls' clothing as a kid. My kid sister was born a decade after I was born. The only thing that would possibly been an influence on me was my mother's nylon slips. We lived in an apartment. We had a washing machine, but, no dryer. Mom hanged the slips to dry in the bathroom and on a clothes line strung down the hallway. I was always fascinated with the feel of the nylon. The material was unlike anything I wore. The feel was so silky. I use to caress the material with my hands. After awhile I was able to take the chance and try them on when in the bathroom. I loved the feel. I had no desire to be a girl or a woman and never have had the desire. It took several years for me to get into my mother's lingerie draw and then try on one of her sun dresses. When my sexual identity became developed.....fully heterosexual.... trying on her clothing lead to self loathing. After each dress up session I was disgusted with myself and very confused. Back in the 1950's and 1960's only homosexual men wore dresses or that's what society promoted.

I would say there must be some inner genetic component that would cause a man to continually dress in the clothing of a woman, let alone done wigs and makeup. Or at least during early years developing sexual identity there was some psychological event(s) that nurtured a predisposition towards cross dressing.

I think nobody will ever know the reason for cross dressing for any particular individual. What makes a person abuse drugs? Or alcohol? To escape reality? Cross dressing may be a way to avoid the stresses of life for a short time. I know I feel a sense of serenity when I am en femme. I stopped trying to figure it out decades ago.

My CD was natural. It started as a fetish thing around 14, wearing moms panties and becoming aroused. Now it's different and new to me I just told my wife a couple months ago and lucky for me she supports me. I really enjoy being a man but just as much enjoy presenting as a women from time to time.

I think that my story is alot more complicated then that. But yes, I think that I started dressing because of what happened in my life when I was young. But, I think that it has made me a better person too.
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews