Thread: Reverse purge

Reverse purge

The last few weeks I've been hit with a case of the uber pink fog. So much so that it's all I can do to keep myself from purging all my male clothing and just going girly all the time. The thing is, I know I'm going to need male clothing again, probably some time soon. If I reverse purge, I'm going to have to buy some new male clothing again soon. So my question for all of you is, have you ever reverse purged and regretted it?

Banned Read only
    Not a reverse purge per se (I soooo want to make a wise crack right now...***biting tongue emoji***) I admit I haven't bought any guy clothing in a year (I used to refresh pieces of my wardrobe monthly) and instead only girl stuff ☺

Not reverse purging, but I found myself purging for the first time ever a week ago. I drove 45 mins away to a dumpster in the middle of nowhere and threw everything away. The urge hit me 2 days later and I drove all the way back there to get my clothes back.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyp View Post
    Not reverse purging, but I found myself purging for the first time ever a week ago. I drove 45 mins away to a dumpster in the middle of nowhere and threw everything away. The urge hit me 2 days later and I drove all the way back there to get my clothes back.
    Me too, over 20 yrs ago but I didn't go back. Fast forward, wow this pink fog stuff is sooo thick, and smells like 'Daisy' by Marc Jacobs 😀

Many times I've purged but never a reverse.

yes, i reverse-purged MOST but not all my male clothing, now i keep just enough for the occasional outing. I don't regret it one bit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Short answer: No but I've contemplated it.

Long answer: I have only heard of people who are in full time transition to purge their male clothes like this but I've wondered if there had been an instance of it. I guess this answers that question. I used to purge when I was younger but always regretted it. Being older and not allowing myself to purge because of the regret and expense, I can only imagine it would be the same in reverse. As far as late, I have done what Robin has been doing, I have just about haulted all male clothes purchases. Instead, if I need "male" clothes I tend to shop extensively to find women's clothes that are more gender neutral.
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

Never have reverse purged, and can't say I have ever thought about it either. I have purged many, many times though.

Reality Check
    Whatever you do, please don't throw good clothes away. Donate them to charity. There are folks who need clothes to get or keep a job and this may keep them off the welfare roles.

Personally, I have a hard time getting rid of things including clothes. I made a big (male) purge when I retired and moved away but I kept a lot more men's dress clothing than I'll ever need so I have to go through it again. And there are the skirts that I outgrew when I got my Veronica 5.

Keep in mind that most of us will eventually need at least a suit, tie and dress shirt for funerals and weddings. Mostly funerals at my age.