Thread: inspirations

inspirations

Who is the most inspirational to your girl style, my biggest inspiration was my aunt she had one hell of a sence for fashion she had an outfit for any occasion if it was a pic nic in the park she had an out fit to go with it

Lexi:

Good question! I'd have to say a few people. My Mom, certainly. She made her own clothes - extremely well done and professional - and always looked fabulous. From cocktail parties with friends and family, to church, to tennis, to embassy parties in D.C., she knew how,to look great. It was her clothes that I first tried on, and her who I wanted to look like early on. My wonderful late wife was another strong influence, as to style and the ability to look good dressed casual, and turn it around when needed to wear formal ware with style and pizzazz even though she had lost her slender build to illness and medical treatments. She taught me that any body shape or size could dress well and look great. My soon to be wife and best friend came into my scene late in the game, and has embraced Rhonda completely. She is the one who pulled me down to earth with practical criticism that it was now time for me to "dress my age", that if I wanted to continue to pass as a CD, I needed to blend, not stand out by trying to dress as if I were a twenty-something.

I love 'em all, and without their (sometimes unknowing) guidance, I'd not be as comfortable as I am today, waking up en femme, pink flannel pajamas, attached forms, rings and bracelet, painted nails, and a great girly attitude towards the rest of the day.

Have a great day.
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Wow that was great for me things to keep in mind as the years pass by thank you

I never did male role-models, and so I find myself not doing female role-models either. There are women whom I admire, find attractive, but my body shape can't go there, so i have to augment my own shape to be feminine. For me that means curves, but not too many. Maybe an athletic lady swimmer could be an exemplar for me?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

When I was a kid, Julie Newmar as Catwoman mesmerised me. God, that woman oozed femininity (and had a figure to die for!).

I’ve thought long and hard about who influenced my style and am at a loss as to who, if anyone, actually did. I just know that I love a traditional elegant style. I think the women of the movies made during Hollywood’s golden era (1940s/50s) were some of the most beautiful, stylish and elegant women ever produced. Perhaps that is where my influence came from.

Having said that, my number one outfit for a woman is simply a white blouse, black pencil skirt and heels, i.e. the archetypal secretary! Go figure!

Banned Read only
    Great post Rhonda.

For me though (right now) I'd say 'Pink'...no, not the Pink Panther 😄

PINK

https://youtu.be/YM-Yq-Ywcts

Yeah robin I can see from your avatar , pink has a very interesting style edgy punk but she still has a sense of elegance to her I may try some things her direction if you don't mind wouldn't want to step on any toe's

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

The hair Will be easy for me due yto the fact I have long on the top and shaved sides

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Lexi View Post
    I may try some things her direction if you don't mind wouldn't want to step on any toe's
    OMG Lexi, absolutely! I adore her style, go for it hon!!

K thanks

Partly my sister but definitely one of my GG friends, she wears the latest trend styles so I often window shop her for inspiration
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    no one particular girl has been my inspiration style wise, "Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak " Rachael Zoe said that, and I have to agree...but I do draw inspiration from the women I see on the street, in a fancy resturant, out on the town, in a bar, where ever....pintrest has some great inspiration too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have been inspired by many women. When i saw them i was captivated and wanted to be like them. Most recently its a wwe diva called Paige. She is so beautiful and we have a lot of common interest and tastes in music ect.

Charlotte x
    Ellie May 😘