Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That was close

That was close

I almost walked into work with lipstick on my coffee cup.

Every Monday, I have a paranoia that I still have visible makeup. Then, I rub my face, lips and eyelids raw.... Which is more obvious.

Wore leotarde and pantyhose and pants ly came up high
    One girl noticed looked and smiled as she gave eye contact and stared at leg and smiled

Well lipstick on the coffee cup yeah that would be obvious. Still I would take the lipstick off and not rub it raw LOL. A bit of nice colored lips without lipstick will not set off alarms. Just say you had dry lips and and used chap stick if anybody asks. I use a good facial soap to remove makeup and it sure does work mascara and everything comes off. I do that before I go to bed and I look clear in he morning with no makeup residue.
    Part Time Girl

Wearing hose under neath other clothes is a good feeling Should I discuss with the girl who noticed
    Last edited by Leohose; 10-19-2015 at 08:52 AM.

interesting...would it have been a big deal?

about a year ago i was at a meeting with about a dozen people and my starbucks coffee cup with "jennifer" on the side was on the table...(i think there was light pink lipstick on the top) and someone said "hey you picked up the wrong cup?" i looked them in the eye and said very clearly and steadily...."no, i didn't"....no more was said...it was just fine...
    something like the photo that i took another when i was out..
    20150113_164011ab.jpg

Platinum Member
    I'm in a DADT marriage. My wife remarked to me on several occasions that she thought she saw remnants of makeup around my eyes. I thought I had been very careful to remove it all. I learned to be more careful in removing it. I also found scrubbing vigorously really does not help removing makeup. It's not like we're trying to get automotive grease or oil paint off our hands. Be gentle and buy a decent makeup remover. If you're removing makeup on a Monday morning you may want to remove it Sunday before dropping off to bed. That'll give your face more time to recover from over jealous scrubbing.

When I was a teenager I had a similar experience but it had to do with undergarments. I had a physical for a summer job. I should not have spent time earlier in the day wearing my mother's girdle and hosiery and bra. I was mortified that the seams of the girdle were embossed on my butt. I was doing everything possible to "erase" those lines. This was in the 1960's when cross dressers and gay men and lesbians were not accepted at all. Very judgmental back then.

Well my experience was my first time back I was riding my bike and stumbled upon a perfect pair of knee high boots laying on the side walk at a gas station they were my exact size like a sign from god so I rushed to tj max bought a sexy of pair of off white otk socks and rushed home my room mate goes to the gym every day so I waited for him to leave and when he did on with the boots I played around the house did laundry and such got the urge to go out side I'm sitting on the front porch and he come pulling I was frantic bolted for my room till this day still not sure if he seen me that was in September, he is my cousin and he is gay not sure if I should bring it up or not

It sure is easy to overlook little indicators the more comfortable you get and the more time you spend dressed. I have had a couple close calls with not-quite-removed mascara and bra marks on my torso. Oh well, at this point I just own it. If it makes someone uncomfortable its really their problem...

It can drive one absolutely mad, worrying about it. I have forgotten to take makeup of, several times, and some red lipstick, leaves your lips red, long after you remove it. Maddening!

Banned Read only
    This minute, sitting at my desk at work, I have red nail polish residue around all my fingers that I *could not* get off. No comments or signs received, and I mostly work alone (I mean out of sight in my cube), so ... ok.

Sandra,
    Soak your fingers in acetone.

I've also come close with bra marks as well Tara, this thread has brought back a lot of memories though scary as it is I find a little thrill in almost getting caught I've never tried on purpose but afterwards I've thought to myself what a rush

I am glad they didn't say anything right then and hope that they later forget whatever they thought that they saw! I had one of those oops moments too. I sometimes paint my toes and leave them that way for several days or a couple of weeks until the paint starts to chip and peel. When painted the toes go inside nice shoes to only be seen by me, except when that one fateful day ...... I slipped on those handy and comfortable flip flops and went up to the local coffee shop as I do everyday and got in line to get my coffee. While looking down I noticed two pretty feet with red toe nails that just happened to be mine. Oh Shit!, says the simpleton. With the lame excuse that I left my wallet at home, I walked out with a smile on my face and my head held high, hoping that none of the regulars who all know me were not looking down. I headed back home and put on my shoes and then went back for my coffee. No one has ever said anything ... yet!

I'm usually very careful. One day, however, I was out at lunch with my wife when she mentioned to me that I had mascara in the inside corner of my right eye! Wiped it off until she said the coast was clear...

I've also had issues with red fingernail polish until I started using a Q-Tip soaked in acetone to get at the crevices, following regular removal procedures. Works well for me and hasn't been a problem since.
    Last edited by Samantha Clark; 10-19-2015 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added punctuation
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

you were luckey it was your wife,I had a guy at work ask me if I was wearing it(pretty embarrassing)

Banned Read only
    Hey, makeup shouldn't look like you're wearing any at all...if anyone says anything at work just do what I do...punch him in the stomach!

Occasionally, I have not been thorough removing finger nail polish and didn't have a chance to clear the job with my eagle-eyed SO. If someone notices, my stock reply is that my niece wanted to paint my fingers followed by a smile. I get a pass every time. I suppose I should just go out into the world without removing the polish and see if the excuse works...........

Reality Check
    You might want to make a checklist to use before going to work if you are wearing makeup or nail polish on the weekends. I don't bother with anything but beard cover and lipstick unless I'm going out somewhere and I'm retired so I don't have the "going to work" problem. And my wife knows and sees me dressed.

I pretty much have a habit of wiping lipstick off my coffee cup as I drink. That might be a good habit for others to acquire if lipstick on the coffee cup is an issue.

Good point krisi but for me there's something about looking down at the lipstick marks on my coffee cup that just warms my soul

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Lexi View Post
    Good point krisi but for me there's something about looking down at the lipstick marks on my coffee cup that just warms my soul
    I'm totally gonna have to try that Lexi! ☺ Then I'll punch someone in the stomach 😠 ...I'm sooo gender confused... 😕

Lol you are a silly girl robin
    Treat me like a princess
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lexi-dreams/

I have red nail polish residue around all my fingers that I *could not* get off.
    A small childs toothbrush works wonders. Just dip it in the nailpolish remover and scrub around the nails. Then wash with soap and water. Same for the toes. I also use the point of a hobby knife carefully to get it out of a few crevises.

Paint in the corners is easy. If anyone asks tell them you were working on a project and spray paint episode. Of course, I'm always doing stuff at home, so it's believable.

The thing that's nearly caught me out on a number of occasions is the line across the forehead left by wearing a wig for a few hours. Can't claim that it's downto a baseball cap as I don't own one!

I agree, removing all traces of make-up must be meticulously done. For forgetful old me the real problem is removing any item of apparel that may be left around the house or grounds in the wake of a photo session. It is all to easy to leave incriminating items where they will be found by Eagle Eye MOH later!

M.