Thread: they say the third time is a charm, just not when your still half in the closet.

Angry they say the third time is a charm, just not when your still half in the closet.

so they say the third time is a charm
    not for me.... went to support dressed in may ? my trip out to get a bra, brought forms in sept, had a fitting for that in guy mode, so im getting ready to go to support last night, need to be stealthy cause were private about it and my son does not know that im aware of, made lots of miscues....so i pack up what needs to be in the car, leave the things that need to be underdressed and put the forms in the laundry area so they are not ice cold from being in the car, really cold yesterday, make a simple dinner to leave and im off, tell my son im going to small business seminar and drive out to makeup outlet in town and purchase some foundation and powder. bought a used container and had an associate help me find things, can the print on the containers get any smaller.

drive out to the location where i prepared the last time i went to support, we are still private so i cant leave the house as mikell, pull up and lay all my accouterments out and cant seem to find my forms major panic sets in because i know i left them in a fairly open spot but the box is inconspicuous, tell myself to bail, get home and come back, not enough time, just go without the forms, so i settle down some and figure just get made up, red lipstick for beard cover, more panic, cant find it....did i leave it home nope here it is under the phone in the purse, soo i finally get into gear and apply the red, work it in and get the foundation i just purchased out of the bag and apply, put on the wig and thats when i really settle down now im just a women in the car fixing herself up, so now for the finish, throw all the garbage back in the bag, and i think, well i have the bra, so i slip it under and fasten it, them i think well just stick the socks under to keep the shape, not the best but not the first time right, started getting dark the lighting wasnt so good and i had a few minutes to spare so i drove around and figured i would take a selfie of me somewhere.

i pulled into a strip mall and the lighting was better and i wasnt happy with the lips, so i pulled everything out again and tried a different color, better but not the way i usually get it so i settled, drove to the hall where we meet and settled in so i say my goodbyes after and get to deconstructing myself, not a happy time. use a bunch of remover wipes and toss them into the bag from my earlier purchase and get to driving home.

once home i packed everything up and put it into the basement....included the forms, went up a fixed myself a stiff drink and found that i was able to watch the football game even though i dont get ESPN. STUPID GIANTS.

so today after i was up a while i thought about the purchase from the previous day, went into the basement to check the receipt, i had brought an old container with me to the store to make sure i grabbed the right one, when i went to the counter i put them all down to fetch the money, the cashier rang up the sample but when i fetched the receipt it was in the original bag that i was using to collect the garbage from last night, the remover wipes removed just enough print for me to see that she rang up three items but not enough to bring it in a get a credit , what a night, i do this because i like this

anyone who read all this i thank you, im not the best story teller but i want to share....and geeze i keep wanting to share photos of my time out and cant get it right....i also need to find myself a jacket that fits and a proper purse....the one im using just has one large pocket.
    Last edited by Katey888; 10-22-2015 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Fixed emoticon
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

A comedy of errors but I'm sure you weren't laughing! Most likely the stress of trying to keep everything hidden contributes to your scatterbrain during such moments. Try a little mise en place (French cookery term for having things ready to go in advance) and get everything prepared the day before your next outing so you only have to grab one bag or even have it already in the car.

But I do feel your pain!

Sounds like a real adventure Mikell.
    Angie

You know during said event's the stress can get overwhelming, I find in the end when it works I'm actually addicted to the stress part of it through frantic and crazy the heightened sense can be quit an adrenaline rush, I find myself commonly saying I can't handle this I'll never do it again and hours later, omg that was awesome, to me sounds like you had a great night

Hell-o Mikell,
    It sounds like you were letting nervous excitement take control of the evening.
    I'm glad you persaviered, and made it to the support group meeting.
    On your next outing, I'm pictureing you driving around with your forms on top of the dash, with the defroster controls set on hot, with the fan speed set on high!
    Sorry... But I can't see anything improving with those Giants.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Mikell, you are a great story teller. I felt all the frustration, panic, haste, and deep down joy {"put on the wig and that's when I really settle down now I'm just a women"} Great story and you had me holding on till the end. I am glad it all turned out and we'll wait on the pictures, we're patient here.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Great story, I can't say I can relate to all that but the stress of dressing on the sly is something I know for sure. Isn't all better when you finally get yourself all fixed up and can just relax.

If you ever make it out the philly way let me know. I literally have tons of purses and would be happy to give you one. Consider it a consolation prize for my eagles making Eli look silly once again.

Banned Read only
    I LOVE your stories Mikell, so much detail...they're awesome! 😀

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    A comedy of errors but I'm sure you weren't laughing! Most likely the stress of trying to keep everything hidden contributes to your scatterbrain during such moments. Try a little mise en place (French cookery term for having things ready to go in advance) and get everything prepared the day before your next outing so you only have to grab one bag or even have it already in the car.

But I do feel your pain!
    the only time i finally felt calm was after i got in and the forms were still where i left them, i had everything planned out fairly well, just went into panic mode worrying about those forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    Hell-o Mikell,
    On your next outing, I'm pictureing you driving around with your forms on top of the dash, with the defroster controls set on hot, with the fan speed set on high!
    Kristyn
    huh, electric form heater with plug in dash cord, (patent pending, trademark)

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    ... But I can't see anything improving with those Giants.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby6790 View Post
    Great story, I can't say I can relate to all that but the stress of dressing on the sly is something I know for sure. Isn't all better when you finally get yourself all fixed up and can just relax.

If you ever make it out the philly way let me know. I literally have tons of purses and would be happy to give you one. Consider it a consolation prize for my eagles making Eli look silly once again.
    ....Mykell

those first-time jitters get most of us, I reckon. I could not believe how shaky my hands were the first time i paid at a checkout while dressed. So it happens to us all Mikell. Those heightened nerves and senses change our normal behaviour, and seriously we might just not see something in plain sight.
    At least you know you are alive!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Hey GF,

Those little things that go wrong can be unsettling... don't be too down about it - you dealt with it, got through it, and it's just another experience-building step on your journey...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Hi Mikell, It was like I was watching your story unfold right before my eyes.

Try putting the twins in the sink full of warm water to warm the up a little.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Your story was great. It shows you persevere for what you want in life. I feel fortunate that it's just my wife and I (kids don't live with me) and I have her help , support, and encouragement. Don't fret though, it will happen for you.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Way to go Mikell i know it was a little scary or a whole lot of scary .I hope next time will be a whole lot better for you
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Mikell, It was like I was watching your story unfold right before my eyes.

Try putting the twins in the sink full of warm water to warm the up a little.
    that would be hard in my car blue, maybe if i go to events with an RV.....then that sink would be useful....travel like a rock star ....plenty of room to do the makeup also ....you may be on to something
    ....Mykell

Banned Read only
    Mikell,
    When you get in your car always check how many gremlins are sitting in the back because they'll always get you !

After so many years of doing photography I knew no matter how many times I checked the equipment in the studio I would have some sort of mishap being the professional you could always work round it !

Now the problem arises with CDing and don't the gremlins love that one, being dressed but finding your plans fall apart because something didn't get put in the car, the big difference is you can't blame anyone else because no ones else is suppose to know, apart from those pesky gremlins !!