Thread: Adventures in San Francisco

Adventures in San Francisco

Hi, I was recently out in San Francisco. I decided to go out first for some shopping and walking around Union Square, and then later out for music and drinks. So, first I wento out to Union Square. I put on a light blue mini skirt, a dark blue sweater top, and Brown anke boots. I stopped by Macy´s and MAC. Then I went to one of the tourist bars, the Daily Grill, on Geary Street. I had a drink at the bar. I cannot believe I pass, but no one really seemed to pay much attention to me, except for the people at MAC, who paid attention to me for the sake of giving good service. Maybe all the tourists are too busy touring.

I decided to go back to my hotel to get ready for the later part of my evening. I was planning to change into something black, short, and into some heels.

When I went back to the hotel I saw I made a mistake. I must have left my hotel key somewhere. I could not find it. I have done this before, and in a mindless mega hotel it is not a big deal. The counter dude may smile, but you will be quickly forgotten. But this is my special little hotel. It is close to everything, clean, and cheap. Getting in without the key requires ringing the manager in his apartment. The hotel is managed by a conservative muslim gentleman and his family, and I say this in that the manager is friendly, quiet, respectful, family oriented, and acknowledges me personally whenever I check in. Now I feel shy about returning. I guess I will just have to get over it. It was no big deal.

I'm sure he knows the anti-discrimination laws there regarding accommodation, so it shouldn't be a problem.
    DonnaT

Good luck. A good wine bar is almost across the street on Geary from where you were. It is called Klyde and I know the wait staff, one very well. It is part of a restaurant on the corner of Mason and Geary. I go in there before my plays 1/2 block away. You should also try the Clock Bar inside the Westin St. Francis Hotel that is right on Union Square. I used to go in there before all my plays until I found Klyde. SF has so many places to enjoy that you can never go wrong, at least almost never. They are all fine and accepting.

Enjoy your stay and don't eat too much!

PS: I just saw that this was posted 2 days ago. I must have missed it then.

Wow that brought back memories. I remember staying at the Union square hotel. I cross dressed and walked all over on several streets. Found a bakery that had the seed of the sour dough from 1905. Had a great time there with my first wife. That was like thirty years ago.
    Part Time Girl

Hi Allie, I had dinner with you once. Nice to hear from you. I will have to check out those places. Thanks for the advice.

Ábout the hotel, I am not concerned about descrimination at all. Like i said, the people there are nice. I am just a bit shy and particular about keeping my everyday guy persona separate from my fun loving evening girl persona.

Reality Check
    Didn't you put the hotel key in your purse?

It can be a bit difficult getting used to the purse vs. pocket thing but it's worth it.

As for anti-discrimination laws, well, there are laws and there are ways around laws. More importantly, many folks would rather not be the person who says "You have to let me (fill in the blank) because I am a (fill in the blank)."

My wife and I stayed at the St. Francis several years ago. Unfortunately I was not able to do any cross dressing on this trip. We were with her sister (just came out to her a few weeks ago.....said she was cool with it and that i dressed very stylishly) and her husband who is a very conservative cowboy. Anyway, the St. Francis has/had a very cool bar up on the top floor with great views. Also my niece has two very nice restaurants I can highly recommend, "Francis" and "Olivia" (Google for locations). They can be hard to get into and probably require reservations.