Thread: Meeting others where you least expect

Meeting others where you least expect

Maybe this has been asked before but I'll try again. Has anyone ever run into a fellow CDer at a CD function that you knew from your other life either business or social. Like a work mate or one of the other soccer coaches You get the idea. I know I have thought when I am sitting in a meeting, " who else in the room crossdresses" I know they are out there but I seldom meet them at a CD function. It did happen to me once A contractor I knew from work kept looking at me at a CD function we were both in face and finally it clicked where we knew each other from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Not me, as I am not out at home, and don't fly there. But it would be interesting, and fun - so you have given me something new to think about.

No, but kind of always wanted to though.

No I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    ..... A contractor I knew from work kept looking at me at a CD function we were both in face and finally it clicked where we knew each other from.
    Sallee, what I want to know is, how did you two handle the situation?

Thanks,

Traci
    YIM -- tracigirl111

Yes!!!

She doesn't know I saw her, well presented and I did have to establish her identity by talking to her friends.

I have a totally different view of this guy at work now.

Every time he makes a comment I am always reading something into it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Reality Check
    Since I don't go to CD functions, my answer would have to be "No". My hope though is that if Krisi ran into someone she knows from her "Homer" life, she would not be recognized. And I think the other person would be trying to present so that she would not be recognized.

Yes, but in a different way. I was a member of a support/social group for a few years that met in a bigger city 90 miles from where I live. New/prospective members were always coming to meetings and sometimes they came back, sometimes not. I always tried to be 'welcoming' and talked with the new people hoping to put them at ease. One particular older person came once, was appropriately dressed, seemed pleasant enough, but never came back. A year or so later I was sitting in church one morning half paying attention when we got the point in the service where individuals get up and make announcements. One guy got up and as soon as he started speaking I knew he was the guy I welcomed at the support meeting a year or so earlier. Didn't recognize him visually but I did recognize his voice. I assume at some point he recognized me too as I don't change my voice when CDing. It's now few years later, he (now she) has transitioned. We still attend the same church, but have never talked of that encounter years earlier.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 10-22-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: grammer

You should introduce yourself I am sure she would keep your secret and you would both probably get a chuckle out of it at least a knowing grin

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Very nicely We would chuckle when we were on the job He was a concrete laborer who ran a flat work crew and I was a CM. We were got along on the job site. I even used him to do some work at my house. Secrets were kept where they needed to be. SHe may have even transitioned she was leaning that way. From looking at him on the job site you would never believe that he could pass, she did. It made our "hobby" more fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Sort of happened just this week.

Looking through some posts from our TransPALS Facebook page, a post crossed over to the TransLondon Facebook. There I spot the words, "32 years since I joined the RAF". My attention was caught as I joined in '81, so I read on to discover that the 'Motivational speaker' was none other than a Sophie Cooke, someone that I knew from both the RAF and working with the Royal Saudi Air Force. I would never have thought she was TG in a million years.

All Indie and Rock music with a grunge appearance, she wouldn't be seen dead now without her makeup . Our group lead Patricia took a photo with Sophie and posted up to me, so looking forward to seeing Ms Cooke in person very soon.

Rebecca
    Last edited by reb.femme; 10-21-2015 at 02:41 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Fred and Michelle live separate lives. Given that, a few years ago I attended one of Vanity Wilde's weekly socials with perhaps a dozen others. I was all dolled up. Out of the back comes one of my regular training partners wearing a micro miniskirt but otherwise largely presenting as male. I was mortified (remember, Fred and Michelle live separate lives) but, heck, I'm convinced my own mama wouldn't recognize me dolled up, and this guy certainly didn't. So, good and bad experience. Hugs, Michelle

Aspiring Member
    I was just having that very thought today as I sat in a work meeting. It is highly unlikely I am the lone cd in there. I think something like that is gonna happen sooner or later. At least you would have some kinship at the office.

Well. Yes and no. The yes is there is another person on this here little forum that I went to school with back in the day. I know it's her/him. But for the life in me I cannot remember the name. So. I often wonder if she has figured out myself. Or not. Can't say we where besties in school so even if she did I'm not sure what it would lead to. Don't get me wrong. She is a perfectly pleasant person. Just different interests in school. That's all.

Otherwise. No. Not that I am aware of. Plus I don't do support meetings and have never been to SCC et al.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I've not met someone else from the forum in drab, but since I started to CD I can recognise the telltale signs I'd never have sought before: shaved legs/arms/chest, extra-smooth facial shave, neat eyebrows, a more effiminate body language and way of speaking, and a hint of recognising similar in me. So, I did read another CD, and i think he was so closeted, than although i said nothing at all, he disappeared from that working world. I do wonder if that was enough to cause that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Reality Check
    An "extra-smooth facial shave" is a sign of a crossdresser? "Neat eyebrows"? Some men take more pride in their grooming than others. A man working in an office in the city or making sales calls is more likely to be well groomed than a man who operates a bulldozer but that doesn't make him a crossdresser. Even the body language and speaking can vary widely from one man to another.

Now if he is also wearing mascara or lipstick and carries a purse, he may be a crossdresser.

For me the closest that I came to meeting another CD happened last year around Halloween. I was in a thrift store looking at, shockingly, dresses while I was dressed! I was looking for a peplum dress. The employees at the thrift store are used to seeing me either dressed or not.
    There was an uncomfortable guy dressed in drab pacing the dress isle. He was obviously nervous. He was looking almost picking out a dress. He’d then look around and then put it down. He walked to another isle and then came back.
    I was dressed so I started picking out some dresses and holding them up and saying, "No this won't do". In my normal male voice. He continued to shop but kept looking at me. My wife said I was dressed quite convincingly as a house wife in jeans and a nice top. I didn’t think so.
    I found a wedding gown that I thought would fit me. I took it to the dressing room to try it on. I looked him in the eye I said “I have to see if this fits me while I’m dressed as a woman." He got it then.
    He was in line with cashing out a pile of women’s clothes when I came back from the dressing room. He waited till I left to thank me for encouraging him to buy his own clothes. I would have talked to him more but he did not seem comfortable.
    Last edited by Joanne108; 12-15-2015 at 03:17 PM.

At Keystone 2015 I found out that the girl I was talking to was on the high school track team with me over 40 years ago!

When I found out, I jokingly asked her why she didn't tell me back then.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

We kept our own little secert. I actually hired him/her to do a job at my house
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Aspiring Member
    Yes I have and it was a eerie feeling when I saw him. He use to be female but had a complete srs done. I noticed the name on the sign in the window and thought it couldn't be the same guy. So I said his name and asked class of 74 and ourschool. He looks at me and then the sign in sheet and said omg. I said thats right. No one else in earshot so I said quietly her first name she use to use. He gave.me a dock number along with his cell number and said to call in half an hour. I did and he told.Mr how at the time both her and her twin brother had srs done and they swapped names and everything. Anyway long story short version we made plans to meet one night and catch up on old times. Of course we knew we were different from the get go 41 yrs.ago. I went totally enfemme and it was great. You see we would date on off sometimes in school.