Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you act in girl mode?

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Hi Lexi-

Voice - I don't really change my voice. Maybe I speak a bit more softly. But then again for most of my life I have been accused of speaking in a rather feminine manner. People often ask my wife why I speak the way I do. Unbeknownst to me, I lift my tone near the end of my sentences, apparently as if I am asking a question. Some have stated that it is a rather feminine mannerism. I don't do it consciously, it is just sort of my normal way.

Acting super girly - nope. I just do my thing and act like myself regardless of how I am dressed. Though this took me many years to straighten out. My wife was initially a bit bugged by my behavior while dressed as I didn't act like myself. I often acted super reserved, which is not at all like my usual self. Once I started to relax and allowed myself to just be me regardless of how I dressed, things began to really fall in place for me.

Normal self - yup, that describes me. At this point in my life I pretty much act the same regardless of what I am wearing or where I am, or who I am hanging out with. And the people I hang with, socially and at work, have learned this is who I am and they roll with it.

Thanks cutie!

Ooohhh.... how about you, are there times in your life that you differently depending on what you are wearing or who you are around?

I like the 'flip the switch' description. When I am Dana its definitely more female....I am a little old for 'girly', but walk and mannerisms (even the limp wrist part) just 'happens'. I do soften and raise my voice, but that's not as good as it sounds like Ceera's is. I have a naturally deep voice and in drab I get told frequently I should be in radio....hard to hide that kind of guy voice!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm girly enough in guy mode so there is not a lot of change for girl mode.
    Walk with smaller steps,keep my back straighter.
    I can soften my voice and speak from the top side of my voice box and get by if engaged in conversation.

Platinum Member
    I've listened to myself on a voice recording. Ain't going to change! No way, no manner! I only wear dresses which does call for a different set of mannerism than when I am in male attire. There is a proper way to sit down..smoothing the skirt of the dress before sitting. Sitting with knees together or crossed at the knee. No spreading the legs like a male and crossing the legs at the ankle. Walking with a shorter stride and slower than my male gait. A simple gesture of whisking away a loose strand of hair from the face. There are great instructional videos on YouTube for walking in high heels and female mannerisms. I'm fairly adept at the mannerisms. It's that six foot height and 195 lbs that would cause people to give me that second glance.

Well, I do change my voice as my desire is not to be seen as a man in a dress, but as a woman so it's only natural to have a feminine voice.
    As for mannerisms they are all female of course. I'm certainly not the male me and don't wish to be.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm exactly like Cheryl!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Banned Read only
    Lexi,
    Last time this was asked I answered that I would stay much as I am, nothing has changed, I'm not trying to act anything all that would happen is I would be happier because the side I prefer would be on view.

I came out to a lady in my painting and last week showed her my pictures, she said very nice but if you appeared like that at the class you would still be you, the person we all like to see in the class, still making us laugh and giving us inspiration.

All of you have shared lovely things. I like to hear that when you dress it's not like an act. It's an expression of self and you don't over do it like you're an actress lol. I would think doing whatever makes you comfortable is the best!!

You all are awesome and inspirations
    You are not alone in the eye of the darkest storm. ⚓🌊

I tend to have a lot of natural feminine mannerisms and attributes anyway, which in public, at work, with friends and family, I try to conceal as best I can. Usually successful but sometimes the feminine stuff does slip out from time to time. I am an at home private dresser, so I really do not try to change anything. I just like to dress feminine when possible. it makes me feel relaxed and at peace. I really do not know how much if any my natural feminine tendencies tend to come out more, possibly some, but not by any means of trying.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I have always tended to have rather feminine posture and movements, and I never felt that I needed to alter or hide these in male mode. My voice is unmistakably male, but I'm making a little progress in making it softer and breathier -- although not higher in pitch.

- Diane

I totally notice my voice soften and my movements become a little smaller when dressed. Not sure if it's a mindset or just preconceived socialization causing me to behave how I think someone more feminine should act. Aside from that though, nothing too different from who I normally am.

I am a totally different person. My voice is softer, my mannerisms change. I bought a cd set that shows me and teaches me the mannerisms of a woman. I am a softer person inside too. My female side definitely comes out and I love that. I really enjoy being super girly.
    Hugs,
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

For me when I am out I want to think about my self as an attractive housewife.
    MILF if you wan to call it that.
    I try to walk as feminine as I can in my high heel sandals (love heeled sandals- thats all I ever buy to shoe off pedicure).
    Weather here is warm so I am mostly in summer dresses (strappy or halter).
    I sit mostly cross legged. Handbag dangling from my arm.
    I do not talk much when out as this is the biggest give away in my opinion. As I am asian, I am small built with softer facial features so passing is easier. But my voice that I have to work on a lot.
    So I have never shopped en-femme except in supermarkets where talking is not needed (silly).

giddy very giddy, and very sweet.
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right

My neighbors have noticed a HUGE change when I am in girl mode. They are GG and say I act way more girly then they do

My husband doesn't really change how he acts, he's goofy and fun no matter how he is dressed. Like your bf, he has a great singing voice and has the ability to make his voice a little higher which he does a little if we are out somewhere but normally he doesn't change it.
    11/15/12 ride or die

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Lexi,

Let me also be a "me too" I'd say that I don't think I have a particular manly demeanor in the first place and I tend to "sit cross-legged with my hands in my lap type of thing" in boy mode so my general attitude (I think) is not overtly "masculine" in the first place, that said, I do tend to think about my body movements etc. As far as speaking is concerned, well most of my girl-time is spend going to our TG support groups' events so I don't tend to change my voice, but if I'm out in public "mainstreaming" then I do tend to speak less and when I do try to make it softer and a slightly higher pitch. I know I'm not fooling anyone but I don't necessarily want to promote a masculine tone.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

My entire being seems to be transformed. I become more outgoing I love to talk and my feminine mannerisms seem to come naturally probably because I have practiced them a lot. I have been going out for a rather long time and feel very comfortable and confident. I have been addressed as ma'am many times when shopping which just augments my confidence. My transition as taken many years from no confidence or interaction to one of a great deal of confidence and interaction with others I just really feel comfortable being girly

Aspiring Member
    I walk and sit differently for starters, as appropriate for the garments I wear. I still speak the same way and sit with my legs crossed regardless of gender presentation. I'm sure I smile differently en homme than en femme (frequency of exposure of teeth for one).

And yes I play with my hair en femme more often simply because I have more hair to play with then.

I'm pretty much with Cheryl here. Voice? Yes, softer and I try to think I am talking above my Adam's apple. Super girly? Nope -- the feminine mannerisms seem to come naturally for me. I just try to remember when I walk "Boobs out, butt out" and walk with my hips and derreriere, not my upper body. the one thing that is different -- and my wife comments on this -- is that I am more talkative and animated when I talk. And .. perhaps oddly .. less self conscious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I act and speak like a MAN in a dress. No one would ever think different.
    Least I dont have manly tattoos like some "girls".

Aspiring Member
    I myself take smaller steps and if in my heels shopping I'll put a sway in with slower steps. Voice is raised to a different. Pitch and handle things more delicately instead of snatch and grab things to look at.

My female mannerisms come naturally. I walk using my hips, have a loose polse sometimes, sit with my legs crossed, my voice also goes up. In general I become quite girly

I am like I am in guy mode only a little more expressive physically.

I have natural feminine mannerisms so it really is not an issue for me