Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you act in girl mode?

How do you act in girl mode?

Just curious. Do you change your voice? Do you act like super girly? Or kind of like your normal self but a little more feminine?
    You are not alone in the eye of the darkest storm. ⚓🌊

Lexi, Mostly I do not open my mouth to talk. But when I have to like in a restaurant. I do change my voice a little. But for me I think sometimes I talk in the range that makes me look fem. I do not act super girly or feminine. I am my fem self out there and if I was in male thought I would feel out of place, but my female switch when in place seems to feel comfortable out in fem.
    Part Time Girl

I can dress feminine; maybe walk a bit feminine, but that's about it for me. Would like to be more girly, but my larger male features prevent that. I think, for me, trying to change voice wouldn't really work.

Funny that I just recently found a voice. It's a London accent for me. The change in accent helps me play with pitch and girliness!

Banned Read only
    Hi sis!

Hmmm, I used to be super guy...hey, I could make up a new super hero...Super Man...what!? already been done! How about Wonder Woman (I wonder if that's a woman 😅 )

Seriously though, Yes, presentation beyond appearance is SOOO important and WE all strive for it I think!

Over the top (super girly)...only when im doing a rock video 😆 Maybe some do but personally, I let it come naturally...
    Last edited by Robin414; 10-21-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Banned Read only
    I am me. All the same things interest me,for example. I am cognizant to take smaller steps when walking, smaller bites when eating (thats a real hard one), less arm swinging, kind of the basic differences from the male gorilla to a female in the wild. I do not act "girly," I don't know any woman who does.

When I speak, I try to soften my voice, but I don't put much effort into it. I know that I am not fooling anyone but I do it to blend as best as possible.

Oh Robin! You make me laugh girl 😁💙

I know when my bf dresses up he tends to be a little more playful and cutesy lol. It's adorable. He changes his voice a little...a little higher and softer. His voice is naturally on the deep side, but he's good with different ranges. He'll even randomly talk really high and cute like when he's just being silly or is super excited about something. Haha...but he's a musician...he sings like an angel do different pitches is probably kinda easy for him.

I actually think a little more about my mannerisms, and I try to at least show off a little more girly....

I may try to talk a little differently, also....but, really, it's still me....just acting the part so it makes my life a little easier to deal with.

Suzanne

For the most part I don't do much differently. The one thing I have noticed though is like if I reach up into a cabinet to grab something or I reach out, I extend my arms in a more feminine manner and let them linger in that pose a half second longer. I think it comes off as a bit more graceful, and it's something I do unconsciously. I usually put a stop to it if I notice I'm doing it because I prefer to not be super girly.

When I play female characters in the various tabletop games I tend to play, I talk softer than normal, but keep the pitch roughly the same. It comes across more feminine than if I were to use a higher pitch. However, that practice does not carry over to when I'm en femme.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    For the most part, I'm just me. I try to walk with a little more grace, and not appear to be too guy like. I might soften my voice a little, smile a little more, but other than that, it's just me.
    Dana Ryan

Banned Read only
    No, No and Yes...

DeeAnn

I am pretty much simply myself when I dress. I have noticed that when I dont get around to clipping my nails for a couple weeks my hand/finger movements seem to be a little more feminine. I dont change my voice as its very deep and seems like it would be a lot of work and I dont go out so its not yet neccesary. I do wish that I could have a natural female voice at will though.

I'd be fibbing if I said that the act of transforming didn't make some difference to how I feel and therefore how I behave...

I have quite a soft, high register voice anyway, so I just make sure I put on my best accent and speak softly... my mannerisms and gestures are restrained and relaxed and a little more femme than usual (it IS an act of expression, after all) but nothing super girly...

Well... OK - maybe the dancing is super girly... that is like my normal self (embarrassing in boy mode) but just let off the leash...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

My SO tries to soften her voice in order to not be immediately read as a man. And of course she will not sit with her legs splayed. But other than that, my SO walks the same, talks about the same things, has the same interests, etc. I've got to say though that both my SO and I are rather neutral in the way we walk. I don't sashay down the street like a runway model, and my SO doesn't walk as if he just got off a horse. lol. As to interests, my SO enjoys looking at fashion magazines whether he is dressed or not, and topics of conversation are varied, from politics to what occupied our days, whether dressed or not. Dancing is the same whether in boy or girl mode.

Oh ... there's another difference. In guy mode, my SO keeps his mid-back hair tied at the nape. The hair is loose in girl mode.
    Reine

Like a 68 year old grumpy geezer mostly. Well maybe a little softer after I get out and start moving the booty dancing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

IRL I just overdo it slightly to avoid any feminine manerisms; I work in a predominantly female profession, where any male is automatically assumed gay until proven otherwise. So there's just a tiny bit of swagger in my stride, I tend to stand up straighter to emphasize my already overadequate height. When I get to dress as a female, I get to relax. But I don't try to change my voice, or pivot my hips, or develop loose wrist syndrome. In short, I don't do anything to change what I do when I'm alone where no one can see me. There was a time when I did try to adopt a few female mannerisms, but I really saw no point in it, as I could never pass anyway; I'd just look like a charicature of a guy in a dress. So I wound up just wearing the clothes that felt so comfortable (perhaps not to a GG, but they are to me simply because they are what I feel like I'm supposed to be wearing). Where my ex wife, when coming home couldn't wait to take off her bra and dress, I'm relieved to come home and put them on. Why? Because I spend all day long at work and in public, pretending to be something that I feel like I'm not. So; I guess that it's not 'girl mode'. It's what I feel like I am.....or was supposed to become. The few times my ex had any interaction with me when I was dressed as a girl, what she said in reference to how I came across, was that 'he loses something when he's dressed up'. At least, that's what she told our therapist. She couldn't elaborate; but I suppose what she felt I lost, was the masculinity that I worked so hard to perfect displaying to the world when dressed as a guy.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

there is no one way for me. Some people have very fixed id and behaviour, whereas i am mr fluid, so i adapt and it depends on the company. Funnily enough therefore I can be doing "ultra-macho" in a tunic+leggings, or being super-camp with a ladyfriend who's totally being girly. My voice has always adapted, so if i speak to little children i use a higher pitch naturally, same with women.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I have decidedly feminine mannerisms. That combined with my smallish frame and the ability to effect a naturally feminine voice allows me to move and act like a woman in a natural way. Last year I was attending a counseling session and most of the GG's there said "if we didn't know we would have sworn you were a woman"

Pretty much as soon as my wig goes on, I shift my voice to a more feminine one, and it actually becomes kind of hard for me to slide back down to male voice until I take the wig off again. Ceera's voice is about an octave higher, softer, and a bit more breathy than my male voice. I'm even learning to sing in that voice. It still has room for improvement, but my girl voice is good enough to get called ma'am in phone calls where I haven't yet given my name or stated my gender.

Because I have taken the time to develop a female voice, I can happily chat with people as Ceera. I don't think I could go out in public and enjoy myself if I still talked in a guy's voice, or in an obviously fake falsetto.

When I talk, girly things like clothes, shoes, jewelry and perfumes come up more often in conversations. I hang out with GG's a lot, and take my conversation cues from them.

I move with more of a smooth glide and a bit of sway in my walk, but not excessive or exagerated. A lot more girly moves when I dance. I love to dance as a girl, even if I have no partner.

I tend to play with my hair a bit, brushing it out of my face or wrapping a bit of it around a finger to make a curl.

I wouldn't say I act 'super girly', but I try to do the things that I observe GG's doing.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I act like myself when I'm not out in public.
    I'm super shy around SA's and customers because I don't have a girl-voice to shift to.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    only real change I make is a have a bit more "bop" in my step, and I am a bit more relaxed...but I pretty much am my normal self ...well..as normal as I can be

Banned Read only
    I definitely sit more girly. Aside from that and maybe playing with my hair a bit more I don't believe I do anything different.........I could be wrong though.

Reality Check
    If I'm in public and have to speak, I will try to change my voice. I'll also try to walk and act more feminine. At home around my wife, I don't try to use a female voice or act feminine. At my age, "super girly" would be ridiculous. "Womanly" would be the word.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I can't do a convincing girly voice without sounding like a really bad put on. Middle school prank call put on. It's that bad, lol. So when it comes to the pitch, timing, etc of my voice I don't bother. Even if I'm having the best hair day ever and by some miracle, I visually pass 100%, you'll know what's up, the minute I open my mouth :-/

That being said, when I get in girl mode, and I'm all settled in, and feeling oh so natural and wonderful, it is like someone pulled the pin on my girly grenade. Who I am, obviously doesn't change. I have the same interests, the same opinions, and the same personality ... but the expression thereof does change drastically. My physical movements, the words I choose, the way I sit, to some extent the inflection of my words (though it sounds incongruous with my dude voice) ... it's damn near involuntary. It's not that I'm necessarily trying to do a put on, but when I'm in that state of mind, certain mannerisms rise to the surface, where they would be decidedly repressed otherwise.

Convincing? Eh ... probably not. Authentic? For sure.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I always say that I'm like a light switch.Once I get off work & at home I'm always in Sindey mode and I'm so glad that I get to dress everyday.Once I dress thou everything just clicks into place without me having to think about it(mannerisms,hand & leg movements).My voice I try to make it a bit more girly when I'm out shopping and such.
    I usually find when I go to events & such involving a lot of girls(gurls)that so many do not use a femme voice so usually I just kindda go with the flow with this although I like using a more femme one myself(I mean whats the point in looking like a girl if you don't sound like one?)Mine might not be the most convincing of a voice but adleast I try and as stated in an earlier post I can usually get away with it over the phone and such.
    Last edited by Sindeycd; 10-22-2015 at 09:01 AM.