Thread: Umpteenth feel good post pt. II, the sequel.

Umpteenth feel good post pt. II, the sequel.

Yesterday I went to visit a girlfriend, and her newborn daughter (an angel I might add). We had a wonderful reunion, and chatted (mostly about the baby of course), and drank coffee.
    I mentioned that at her wedding was the last time I ever wore men's clothes (I could not come out to all my friends at her wedding!)
    I really tried my best to look manly, yet still was having serious identity problems, so I took a few liberties.
    Her response- Paula, you wore ballet flats, a transparent blouse with a cami under it, and painted nails. You DID come out at my wedding.
    I apologized.
    Her- Don't be silly, I just wish you had worn a pretty dress, and some heels.
    Good friends-Priceless.

that was my reaction. I have yet to tire of the feel good things. Mine or someone else's
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Paula, Good friends are Priceless. I have a wedding to go to but will not take any liberties.
    Part Time Girl

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    In the past several weeks, I have come out one-at-a-time to my teammates where I work. They know my planned name and everything. They were each supportive when I told them.

They cemented that "supportive" the other day, when they began calling me "DW" rather than my boy name, "Dave". It was obvious why they were doing it, and it was just a tiny little awesome feeling. Friends are indeed priceless.

Wow, fantastic Deb. Paula, yes, one of those things where people go "I didn't want to say anything because it is none of my business but I just want to congratulate you and offer my full support" moment.

Another feel good story to add to the mix. The other day our staff (vet clinic, we have 4 vet nurses) said maybe I should try a bit of makeup just to make it a bit easier for clients to go "Oh, yeah, thats Kate". I said OK, worth a try (makeup and animals doesn't normally go well), maybe a bit of foundation and mascara. I commented to one of my nurses that I really liked her mascara, not to clumpy but gave a really nice boldness to her eyelashes.

Well today I got in to work and that nurse has bought me a brand new bottle of the mascara that she uses for me to try! Awesome!!