Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is official! Suzanne now works at Plastic Package, Inc

It is official! Suzanne now works at Plastic Package, Inc

Ok it happened. The president called a meeting with all staff yesterday in Sacramento. He informed the company of my transition. It wasn't done exactly the way I wanted but it is done. I thought I was going to make an appearance at the office today but was told there was no reason. I will be patient and wait for the first real need to visit. I anticipate this happening by early next week.

I received an email a few hours later from my customer service person addressed to Suzanne. I told her that was a first! She said she was excited to meet me. I also received a text from the HR person stating her support for me. That was it. No other communication from anyone else. Crickets!

It was the longest 24 hours of my life waiting for this to happen. Then nothing really! The world hasn't ended and I guess I am ok. I am not sure.

So now Thursday I have 3 appointments with customers. My sales manager and I are meeting with them to out myself and inform them I will no longer be appearing as a male. That is only 3 out of about 40. Will it never end?

I want to feel like I have accomplished something but I don't! It all seems unreal and there is no jubilation. I know I should be satisfied but I feel unsettled. It was the hardest step and I thought I would feel so relieved. Ok enough whining. Time to get ready for Thursday meetings!

Suzanne

Congratulations!

It must feel great to now officially be Suzanne at work.

Hell-o Suzanne,
    I think you've been ready for Thursday meetings for quite a while!
    Everyone else is just starting to catch up with you.
    Maybe those hormones slowed you down just enough for them to do that!
    Great news!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Suzanne,

I am so happy for you as I know this is a big hurdle you have been anxious to vault. I am also glad to read about the support your company and colleagues have been showing you. I know the strong woman inside of you will wow them at Thursday's meeting.

Cheers

Marcelle

congratulations Suzanne!
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Suzanne; oh I'm so happy for you. Sounds like you're on solid ground. I know my coming out at worked was approached in such a way to be as nothing significant back to work with minimum fanfare and hoopla. I trust your organization is professional and mature have gotten the memo and will adjust and move on. That's the best situation for any situation from the business perspective. Do I still get the occasional miss...yep but not making a fuss about it and everyone corrects themselves.

Congrats. Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Congratulations!

Congrats! What a big step.

So happy for you, Suzanne!

So happy for you, Suzanne! Looks like the higher ups at your work are going to stretch this thing out if they are going to do a "slow roll out" of Suzanne to your clients. Could give the other 37 clients time to change reps. You should ask if you could contact everyone at once with an approved announcement. Then the clients can realize nothing work wise has changed but the appearance of the rep when she finally shows up in person. I have faith in you to get this behind you no mater how they play this. Congratulations and hugs!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Fantastic! You should be super proud of yourself, Suzanne. You made this happen, and it opens doors for those that follow.
    The struggle. She is real.

I can't think of a better reason for a happy dance !!

I am sure it will all go well on Thursday. Let us know....

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

That is great news Suzanne. I was waiting to hear about you and I guess now It is official. Girls sometimes are the best salesman. Good luck on your important meeting on Thursday.
    Last edited by Dana44; 10-21-2015 at 10:10 AM.
    Part Time Girl

Untitled
    That is good new Suzanne
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Congrats Suzanne!!! This is a huge step. I'm so happy for you.

Yeah, coming out isn't always so dramatic as my coming out at AA was last year. But at least you get to be you at work, regardless of the location of your workplace.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

congratulations

I am super glad for you

its wonderful when your hard work and determination starts to pay off...
    I am real

You are now the go-to gal for all my customized plastic package needs.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Banned Read only
    That's awesome Suzanne!! The relatively low key acceptance is a good thing, it's a HUGE deal to you (us), but not a big deal to them?

excellent news.

You may not be feeling it, but it is still an incredible accomplishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Wow....Well, I guess the best way is to just get thrown into it, and you'll have to figure it out. You'll do great, I'm certain! Congratulations.... Keep us posted!

Suzanne

Congratulations Suzanne! That sales manager better be nice to you, you deserve only the best. Most of us will hopefully be in your situation soon, I hope.
    Hugs,
    Marie

In parking lot

I am in the parking lot of my first customer outing. I am sick to my stomache. Ok time to go!

Suzanne

Aspiring Member
    Suzanne, Ok take a deep breath and do what you do best, BE YOU...
    Marisa...

So it will be all over by now and you'll be wondering what you were worried about...

Just wanted to add a few words of support and plaudits - don't worry about the crickets; they'll be drowned out when everyone realises Suzanne is just doing what she always did... TBH, I'd probably find it challenging to relate to a co-worker transitioning - and I like to think I'm at least better exposed than most muggles - it'll just take a few days... chin-up - just be yourself!

Keep Calm & Carry On!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Suzanne, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I know that feeling and I also know the feeling I hope you're having now - not so much YESSS! as "Now what was it I was afraid of again?"

Please share with us how it went.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity