Thread: A polished nails smile

A polished nails smile

Hi all,

I haven't had a chance to be on line much lately. The job I took on recently drains most of my energy, but this was too cute to not pass along. I was in guy-mode on my way to a job site, with recently painted turquoise nails.

I was driving through southern Virginia and stopped for gas at a small crossroads with a couple of gas stations and a handful of stores. I went in to buy a soda. Behind the counter were three Asian women in their 50's(?) While paying for the soda, the cashier said: Nice nails. Come see his nails!

And the other two women all gathered around and oohed and aahed. And then the first one asked: Was your granddaughter made you?

Apparently, even in small rural areas, "My grand-daughter was visiting" is used as an excuse:-)

My answer was "Nope. They're just fun. Aren't painted nails fun?"

They laughed.

I left.

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Very cool!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

that's a lovely smile, and they ARE fun!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Nice one, Jaye...

Funny how blues, greens, blacks, etc. may all seem more acceptable in male mode than RED...

What is it about red, I wonder...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Hi Jaye, As my nails are always either clear or very light pink I often receive
    compliments from female cashiers when making change, I love it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Katey,

My toenails are always fire engine red and on display in womens sandals whenever I am not at work. I get a lot of compliments from women. When I ask them about green blue, or black nails, they all tell me that they prefer red on my toes and that I shouldn't change.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I wear bright red nail polish in male mode all the time, and often get complements from women. The lady at my favorite cigar store asked me how I got them so shiny, and we spent some time talking about various nail products. (L'Oreal top coat in case you were wondering.)

I think we( or ANYONE) can wear anything, as long as we wear it like we mean it...At least that's what I've learned for my own self.

But what gave me the biggest chuckle, and I didn't have time when I first posted to elaborate:

The women behind the counter were Asian, and in their 50's. My wife's Salon is all Vietnamese. I can't remember the last time I was in a nail salon where the technician wasn't Asian. That's the way the world has evolved here in the States where immigrants find their path.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that, my suspicion, is that the women I met had daughters who were "nail technicians" in the middle of small town southern life.

And even in the middle of a small, southern, bodunck town, they had heard their "salon technician" children tell stories at their dinner table at the end of the day about a guy who came in and requested painted nails...And must have mentioned a grand daughter...I've used it myself before:-)

A 20 second conversation that produces so many thought inducing variations are truly rare.

:-)

Edited to add: In my experience, having painted nails is the next best thing to having a dog(preferably a puppy) as far as being a "chick magnet/conversation opener".

I'm happily married, but whenever a Neanderthal Dude asks me "What's up with the nails?", my standard response is "chicks dig it", which is the truth:-)

Jaye
    Last edited by JayeLefaye; 10-25-2015 at 07:24 PM.

I keep my nails done in clear polish 24/7. Only one girl ever asked if I painted them. I told her yes.
    Angie

I just had my nails redone on Saturday to get ready for the Erie Gala this weekend. I keep mine in clear gel all the time. This keeps the nails strong, good looking in male or female mode and I can put color polish over it and remove it with it damage to the gel if you take the remover off right away! These will be good for about 4 weeks.
    image.jpg
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Jaye, Nice story. I had a Mani with tips and a pedi last Thursday.
    Part Time Girl

My fingernails are always very long, and I keep them in French acrylic colors (white tips over a pink base) with a shiny clear gel coat all the time. I often wear color on the weekends, most frequently some version of dark red (although this weekend, they were a rich purple). I agree that they're a "chick magnet." It's a disappointing day if I don't get at least one comment from a cashier or fast-food server about them, and the remarks are even more frequent and complimentary when I wear color. I hope I've been able to steer some business to my very talented nail tech by dropping her name frequently during these encounters.

I don't recall that anyone has ever said it's strange or inappropriate for a guy to be wearing pretty nails.

I also keep my toes colored all the time, but I'm not a big fan of sandals or open-toed shoes for purely comfort reasons, so they are not seen nearly as often.

- Diane