Thread: alone?

alone?

I was just sitting here perusing and reading threads, when after seeing an unusual town name (at least to me) in Canada, it dawned on me how vast and wide our community is. I remember way back when, when I thought I was the only person in the whole world that was a boy who liked to wear girls clothes, way before I learned the term "crossdresser".Now as a grown man who expresses himself by wearing woman's clothes and being seen in the light of day, it still elates and somewhat amazes me to see others from so far and wide on this planet that enjoy this same form of expressing ones self. I wonder how far I would have gone if not for the internet, the most important invention since fire. Thanks to our extra terrestrial neighbors. I wonder how far our community goes? Just some random thoughts on a cold day. Read my tag line below.Enjoy
    Last edited by Allisa; 01-20-2016 at 11:10 AM. Reason: clarification on thought
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Men wore makeup and basically skirts for thousands of years and were the first to wear corsets and high heel shoes before women so who's really the cross-dressers?
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 01-20-2016 at 07:45 PM. Reason: typo
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    I've often commented on the way the forum brings like minded people together from around the World, we may be thousands of miles apart but the same problems are experienced by most of us, I never dreamed I would have friends I can talk to about the same problems , offering advice and comfort and receiving the same . The time I've spent here has totally changed my life, thankfully now for the better.

Banned Read only
    Great observation Lisa and Teresa...completely agree!

Aspiring Member
    To know you are not alone is a wonderful thing. To have friends, no matter how far away, is even more so.

So there I was living as a man and inside I was Suzy, not really worried about it, just enjoying getting away from the world out there sometimes and relaxing in my old skirt and blouse and feeling ‘normal’ and then one day I stumbled on crossdressers.com and bang! Suzy has sisters, lots of them! And they chatted to me and we swapped ideas and had fun. I am over 500 miles away from you Allisa but I am still your sister.
    Mmmm, there is a lot more to this crossdressing than we might think sometimes……now were did I put my hanky? I’m filling up again.
    Last edited by suzy1; 01-21-2016 at 04:35 AM.

Yeah, that Emmaus Road moment when you realised it isn't just me...I remember it well

The internet made such a colossal difference - as early respondents have said we suddenly have sisters all over the world - I wonder if any of those guys out on the ISS are crossdressers - do we have sisters beyond our own world...?

From being alone and guilty and ashamed to being a member of a supportive sorority; thank the Lord for the internet.

And thank you to all the other girls out there who make sites like this somewhere to come and spend far too many minutes!!!!

Michelle
    xx

I sometimes feel lonely when dressed. My wife won't come out in public not for her but worried for me bless her. Friends and family who know choose not to mention it so they have no desire to be in maria's company. Those who don't know I run the risk of losing if I wanted to go out with them and they would probably go into the previous category of not wanting to be with me. Women do not tend to go out alone so that limits me as well. Due to financial commitments my wife and I don't get out much I can hardly announce maria is going out on the town. I like to be in the company of biological women. When I am out I feel like a woman and almost forget I am a man. So my main company are shop assistants but there is only so many times you can walk round window shopping

I think the internet has done us all a great favour.

Alone?

No more.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good points Lisa... many of us have thought that before finding this place, and others..

It shouldn't be forgotten that it is still possible to feel isolated and unsupported even when not virtually alone. I know coming here helps me but there have been times when really meeting and talking to someone would have helped so much more - but we are spread out; and I think we are quite rare birds - I don't feel when I'm out with the muggles that 1 in 10 or even 1 in 20 harbours feelings for expression that we do.. I just can't see it. There would be so many more here and so much more activity of this sort elsewhere if that were the case - just makes us more special and amazing...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

hi allisa,

here is my intro.... http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...irl&highlight=

elated to say the least, wish it happened sooner, hope to meet some folks shortly....the natural next step.....have even wondered if i have crossed paths with some unknowingly.....stranger things have happened right ??? we are not alone....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    F A:

Without searching, beyond the US and Canada, what I remember is: the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. I'm sure there are others, but the memories are not strong enough to state for sure.

As has been said...

We Are EVERYWHERE.

DeeAnn

It was about 25 years ago when I first logged onto Compuserve and discovered the sexuality forums, and then the alt.transgendered newsgroups. What a wild place! Crossdressers, transsexuals, some gay, some bi, some straight, some pre op, some post op, some non op. And the unmoderated, anything goes discussion was fascinating, and the amount of access to information was limitless; limited only by the 9600 baud modem speed, as long as you didn't try to download any pictures it was as quick as the web is today on broadband (shows how much we have, or M$ and Intel have pushed the need for broadband by making everything a graphic instead of text). In a way, that BB type of activity isn't around much anymore, because websites are owned, and censored, sometimes by fear of legal problems, sometimes by ego, sometimes by puritanical ideals. So while even more information is out there today, sometimes it's actually harder to find, because we assume we have everything at our fingertips, when in actuality, we're limited to what others want us to be able to see, and we just don't know it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    It was about 25 years ago when I first logged onto Compuserve and discovered the sexuality forums, and then the alt.transgendered newsgroups. What a wild place! Crossdressers, transsexuals, some gay, some bi, some straight, some pre op, some post op, some non op. And the unmoderated, anything goes discussion was fascinating, and the amount of access to information was limitless; limited only by the 9600 baud modem...
    Same here. I was actually on the Internet before there was a World Wide Web. At one time, I used Dow Jones Retrieval Network (or at least I think that was the name). Later switched to Compuserve then AOL. the chat rooms on AOL were fascinating.

The Internet has opened up worlds that none of us would be aware of before. The next revolution will be blockchain technology that will finally create private and secure, yet trusted identities.

I have been doing local meet-ups to try and combat that very feeling of loneliness. Nobody here should feel isolated.

I'm kind of surprised myself at how 'far and wide' we seem to be.

Judy - absolutely true. 'Dainty' used to mean 'big and burly'.

Words, our salvation and poison.

<3

- MM

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I've been alone with this blessing of crodressing all my life, and now, after I've found the "courage" to join this forum I defiantly feel like I've joined a sisterhood,
    Thanks ladies for welcoming me
    Rosie

It has made my life better and fuller to know I am not alone. We may never meet but I know you are there and that makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Good points Lisa... many of us have thought that before finding this place, and others..

I don't feel when I'm out with the muggles that 1 in 10 or even 1 in 20 harbours feelings for expression that we do.. I just can't see it. There would be so many more here and so much more activity of this sort elsewhere if that were the case - just makes us more special and amazing...

Katey x
    Katey,

There may be more than you think. Those who join here are just one section of a CD'ing spectrum. Just try Googling "crossdresser" and loads of different sites appear. There are those who dress to seek the company of other men, fetish dresses of all types. Those who mix CD'ing with bondage/S&M, the list goes on.

And that is the joy of the internet. It's enabled them as well as us.

Having said that, It's not likely that CD'ers make up a significant proportion of the population. Possibly more common than plane or train spotters but less that those who think they're Jedi.

Now where did I put that light sabre?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    Hi Lisa, Isn't it amazing that we can have like minded friends all over the world with just a click of a mouse. ~~......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Lisa, Isn't it amazing that we can have like minded friends all over the world with just a click of a mouse. ~~......
    And some of them become life long friends too