Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hips

Hips

I have the impression that hips and derriere enhancing is much more relevant to have a femenine figure than breast enhancing.... Do you feel the same?

I'm sure it depends on your body type. I already have hips and a derriere (relative to the average guy) but nothing up top. Because of this I have focused on breast enhancement, with good effect based on general comments. That said, for the first time this past weekend I used a derriere enhancer, which I thought looked nice and added to my appearance, but it didn't receive one comment.

I would say it depends on your figure.

For me everything is important, but having the hips the right size helps even things up between my shoulders/hips.

to me its more important because i am very narrow through the hips more so than most women which always made it really obvious at least in my own mind that i wasnt a wonem despite the fact that i had breastforms glued and very convincing cleavage

I'm trying to pull off the best female illusion I can so hip and curve enhancement is something I've been working on. For me, because I do kind of have some hips and a butt, I'm looking more toward waist cinching with corsets and breast forms to give me the hourglass shape I'm trying to get.
    Last edited by IamWren; 11-02-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling and puncutation matters
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Doesn't this just depend on what you as an individual perceive as a feminine figure...?

There are all types of GG figures out there and we're not all attracted to or trying to emulate the same thing. You can be 'Botticelliesque' or you can be 'Kate-Moss-esque' or anywhere in between... I don't believe we all see the world with the same pair of eyes..

A bit of top hamper is acceptable for me just to fill out dresses or tops properly - but I really can't be arsed (pardon the pun ) with padding this and stuffing that down-under... but then I like my girls more svelte and athletic...

It's a personal preference at the end of it all...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I find that to be the case for me. As a fat dude, wearing a good firm corset boosts my already ample upper half so I need little to no enhancement. But rear and hip padding definitely help balance things out

Depends upon who you use as a reference to what is the feminine figure. There are slim women with narrower hips but larger breasts, and women with very prominent hips and small breasts. Women come in a wide assortment of figures. So just pick whatever you wish, and adjust yourself to that which makes you feel best.

Edit: I'm a big heavy guy; but I wonder how much difference in butt/hip size will come from wearing heels if you're slim? There have been a lot of crossdressed younger guys who, upon putting on heels, develop more of a protruding butt. If you wear a corset I'd think that would narrow the waist too, making the hips seem wider by comparison.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 11-02-2015 at 04:10 PM. Reason: more info
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I haven't gone there yet but I am thinking the wast/hips/butt are more important for me. I have broad shoulders, it goes in from there and then straight down so I am thinking that enhancing my lower half would help minimize the shoulders.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I'd say breast forms make a bigger difference, but I've always included enhancement to my hips, as part of dressing.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I would much rather have a female silhouette and curves with hips and a butt than a heavy top. Breast are not all too important to me, not in excess at least.
    Erica

I've been thinking about getting some hip / thigh pads as I'm a very straight thin shape from top to bottom, not a curve in sight
    Sarah Jane : > I wish I was a house wife

No. But what does matter is what makes you feel like you're achieving your goal. I most love myself (and other CDs) without any padding. But I do strap on boobs almost every time I go out in public "to make my clothes look right." For some reason that logic doesn't work for me with bottom padding -- for me it crosses a line that takes me from expressing who I am to trying to fool people into thinking I am what I'm not. I can't defend it in rational argument -- it's just how it is. So that's how I make me happy. You have to do what makes you happy. Everyone else is just audience -- they don't get to direct the show.

While I think that boobs are important, I believe that the hips and butt are the most overlooked component of crossdressing. If you look at the pictures of a lot of the girls on this site, they may have a beautifully made up face (which I believe is also important), great boobs and no hips at all. To me, the no hips at all is the biggest giveaway. For me, I feel that balancing my broad shoulders with broad hips helps me look like a natural woman. If you look at 100 women, 95+% will have hips that are about as wide as their shoulders or wider. Slim hips are the exception rather than the rule. The bottom line is that I want to be seen as a natural woman so hips are an important part of the equation. YMMV
    Last edited by S. Lisa Smith; 11-02-2015 at 04:18 PM.
    Please call me Lisa!

Reality Check
    Hips, breasts and hair (wig) all count towards emulating the feminine form. I agree with Lisa that hips are overlooked by many crossdressers and are the giveaway of a crossdresser.

As for the various figures of genetic women, this is true but you will seldom find a genetic woman with broad shoulders and narrow hips. Nearly all of us will need some hip and butt padding to simulate a feminine figure.

I am very lucky because I have a ferm and rounded butt so no problem with that. My hips are ok not great but its good enought for me but from the hips up is where it goes all fun house mirrors for me lol. Over the last two months I have gone from 21 stone down too 17.5ish stone and my goal of 13 stone is looking good for my april :-) . Its great to drop the tyres but my love handles tummy are sagging but the skin is shrinking back and my moobs are shrinking and not sagging. My main problems are serratus muscles (muscles at top back of the torso) they are too big to see the fem fully and when in my birthday suit I look like I am wearing a faux fur onsie its not funny but I can't help laughing. My shoulders are almost 3 foot across and my chrome dome has blinded many a passer by :-) but a wig and some boob forms should help. Waxing is a must but my build is something I can't fix but sure who's perfect right.

Do forms cost much?

My mum beat cancer many years ago woohoo but she has a box full of boob forms and they are great so all I need do now is get brave enought to let her know the real sonaughter lol I like that title, think I might copyright it :-) .

I love this site, never had anyone to chat about this stuff with, feel so free.
    Thank you all love,

Anton jon

I can only say four words "Female sports body shape" There are many women out there without large breasts and narrow hips and killer small butts. Work toward that look over the Kardashians...you'll be happier
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Even though I have ample natural padding, it needs a little help getting "redistributed"
    Corset,forms,and some hip pads make my clothes fit better,
    Depends on the style of clothes,skirts not so much, but with jeans I need help
    Think of what you'd like to see in a GG, I always think hourglass

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I can only say four words "Female sports body shape" There are many women out there without large breasts and narrow hips and killer small butts. Work toward that look over the Kardashians...you'll be happier
    I could care less about looking like one of those K people but I do want to look more feminine. I think a lot of gals are trying to blend and unfortunately those of us who have broad shoulders, no hips, and no butt, look very much like a man wearing a dress. I am sure that with a lot of skill and practice we could overcome this but it is a lot harder adding some padding.

Depends. Not all bodies are the same. Some women have more noticeable chests than others. Some have more noticeable hips. Same with men. If you spend too much effort developing one and not the other, you might end up looking lopsided.

Really, it's up to personal preference. I'm more likely to look at a woman's chest than I am her butt, but that's just me. That said. I generally avoid doing so because that's a good way to get in trouble, either with the woman in question or with my girlfriend.

I do have the body of a female athlete. I do cross fit with them and they are really fit women. I try to keep up with them as they are young and I am older. Only thing I can kick butt on them are push ups. I am five foot eleven and 150 lbs. Skinny as a rail. Nice butt and size 38B cup chest. I do have to wear the size up on full dresses because of my top. But on jeans and shorts my behind looks great and have been told that by both men and women.
    Part Time Girl

For me it was always a desire to look as female as possible. A desire to emulate a girl/woman and if at all possible, to be perceived as such.
    To get as close as possible, I would pull out every trick in the book and try to check every box that belongs in the female category.

For those who dress with the intention to look like a female, the problem we face is "the sum of errors". It is not the single little thing which might be less than perfect, it is the collective impression of the whole that gets us read.
    Said in an other way, when people see you out and about, they might notice something that makes them wonder about your true gender, but unless confirmed, they might keep on wondering or even dismiss the suspicion.
    So at first, they will look for more clues to help them in their determination.

There are certainly many women, especially younger women, who are very slender and who do not have much either top or bottom, or either. They are rarely presumed anything but female because they have the rest of the natural presentation together and it all adds up to Female.
    However, when a man wants to presnt as a woman, he is fighting a lot of challenges. For many men, every detail of the body image is giving off clues in the wrong direction, so .. we have to camuflage it all. Like with all camuflage, if you miss a spot, people will somehow easily see what is underneth it all.

So for me, and the way my natural body looks, I need to enhance several features, both breasts and behind, and I need to draw attention away from features which I cannot hide, such as my hands. It is all about tricking the eye and build an impression instead of leaving it up to the spectator to figure it out. The more clues you give them, the less guessing they have to do.

It is all a matter of proportions and expectations. We all have different bodies and all have to figure out what it is we need to work on to mimimize "The sum of errors". So is it Top or Bottom that does it? I say it is both.

- Suzie

Suzie puts it perfectly
    Last edited by Jacqueline StGermain; 11-08-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Good analysis by Suzie.
    Most of us probably carry around in our heads the "big boobs, wide hips etc." stereotype but, if you look around you'll soon realise that women come in all shapes and sizes - refusing to fit the stereotype. There are a significant minority who, in terms of body-shape, may be perceived as being quite 'masculine' and yet are rarely, if ever, actually perceived as being anything other than 'a natural born woman'. Interestingly, I have just come up the stairs behind two young ladies who are of the same height and general build as me (i.e. approx 6ft and not built like a beanpole!). They are both undeniably female and yet their hips aren't noticeably wider than mine. Of course, they don't have my broad, rugby-player shoulders and don't walk like prop forwards either!

The challenge that us cross dressers face is that it's not just our, un-padded, body shape that screams 'man' - it's mannerisms, voice, walk, you name it. So achieving a 'successful' female presentation is about mis-direction - altering what we can in order to deflect attention from that which we cannot. Hence we play to the somewhat inaccurate stereotype - mostly out of necessity.
    So hip / bottom padding is important AND greatly overlooked. For example, if you search on ebay for 'boobs' you'll get a zillion hits. Try the same for hip pads!

Yes I think suzy's post hit the nail on the head for me. If I could hide all those other things (shoulder, hands, bad makeup) I could probably get away without enhancement but I am not nearly that skillful yet. Honestly, its the same thing with boobs. I think I am an A cub naturally and sure there are lots GG's that are A cup but being a bigger girl it just doesn't look right. So, I enhance my chest in order to look more like an average girl.